1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post

3. Post
    I wonder if they were prompted by Microsofts spec announcement this week.

4. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    I wonder if they were prompted by Microsofts spec announcement this week.
    The rumor has always been they've been waiting for Microsoft to move first.

This can go either way - perhaps the PS5 is weaker and Sony wanted to announce last so the freshest thing in gamer's minds is the PS5 - there is a lot of psychology that goes into sales. The other possibility is that the PS5 is actually more powerful and Sony has had its presentation ready for a while now, just waiting for Microsoft to fire so they can come out 2 days later and one up them.

5. Post
    This is just the first reveals. I'm sure both will have further presentations probably around when e3 was going to be with a deeper look that will include games and other things like release date and pricing.

6. Post
    PS has always had the better games, dones't really matter about specs tbf

7. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    While you are certainly correct for the most part the x specs are pretty crazy. Wouldn't be suprised if the ps5 is basically the same thing though.

8. Post
    ludez wrote:
    While you are certainly correct for the most part the x specs are pretty crazy. Wouldn't be suprised if the ps5 is basically the same thing though.
    I do like the Quick Resume feature, that's boss as. And yeah, the specs are excellent.

9. Post
    ludez wrote:
    This. Its either gonna be a few tflops bellow or above series-x. But it doesn't matter. Sure there is a small % of gamers who will buy the more powerful system. But for most gamers its the games that decide what system they'll get.

10. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    I've been primarily PS3 & PS4 for last few gens - but Xbox is definitely providing the better services now.

Problem for Xbox is if you have a good PC no real need to get an Xbox, with exclusives day and date on PC now.

Xbox games pass on PC + PS for exclusives for me I'm thinking.

11. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    I do like the Quick Resume feature, that's boss as. And yeah, the specs are excellent.
    PS5 will 100% have quick resume too. PS always offers more in the way of experiences like having VR

12. Post
    Reset era user shinobi602 is saying "This isn't really an *announcement* of PS5. I wouldn't expect a lot of game talk tomorrow." Theyre likely saving the games for their own event in the summer.