1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    This whole 12 TFLOPS thing i don't get. So i have a PC , its has
    memory RAM of 32GB and Video card RAM of 8GB. total 40GB

The specs here say the new Xbox has 16GB Menory... So that's integrated RAM and Video card RAM all in one?

or has the architecture of the whole thing changed so much that i can't base these specs on my PC?

3. Post
    Shadowcat101 wrote:
    This whole 12 TFLOPS thing i don't get. So i have a PC , its has
    memory RAM of 32GB and Video card RAM of 8GB. total 40GB

The specs here say the new Xbox has 16GB Menory... So that's integrated RAM and Video card RAM all in one?

or has the architecture of the whole thing changed so much that i can't base these specs on my PC?
    The xbox has 10GB dedicated to VRAM and 6GB dedicated to OS/VM for quick resume, game streaming and recording.

While the total amount is small compared to PC, the bandwidth is much higher. Typical DDR4 at decent clock speed will output around 60Gbps of bandwidth while the Xbox has up to 500Gbps of bandwidth.

Additionally, there are architectural designs that make it hard to compare to PC. Xbox series X games won't load textures into VRAM like happens on PC - textures for games will be streamed in real time off the SSD

4. Post
    Slight correction:
    2.5GB is reserved for OS etc
    13.5GB available for games (both fast and faster ram)

The 6GB split ram is still faster ram than what we have in the Xbox One X, it's just the 10GB is on steroids.

5. Post
    Thanks SirGrim. Another legit question. Will disc games run off the disk? or will everything need to be installed onto the SSD. like old 360 and Original Xbox games.

6. Post
    That's a good question.

Xbox Series X games require to be installed on the SSD
    Xbox One games can be installed to a normal external Hard Drive (I'm imagining this will be able to take advantage of USB 3.1 external SSDs)
    Xbox 360 and OG Xbox games etc are downloaded regardless, as they aren't run off the disc