1. Post

PS5/Series-X: Crossbuy confirmed?

CDPR announced today that anyone who buys Cyberpunk 2077 on xbox will get a free upgrade to the series-x. Does this confirm crossbuy is a thing next-gen or do you think it will be developer specific?

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/st...61469669068800

2. Post
    Microsoft already announced this. Any games you buy for the Xbox One, will automatically be available to you on your Xbox Series X and the games will run better on the Xbox Series X.

The next console generation is etching even closer to becoming a PC.

3. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Microsoft already announced this. Any games you buy for the Xbox One, will automatically be available to you on your Xbox Series X and the games will run better on the Xbox Series X.

Speaking of which I've ditched console again and gone fully back to pc. But seriously considering grabbing an x when it releases sounds like a beast.

4. Post
    Ludez, Let us when you decide to flip your PC parts 3 months after purchase.

5. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Ludez, Let us when you decide to flip your PC parts 3 months after purchase.
    ?? I've had my one x since day one of release. And the most use it got recently has been my 5 year old on Lego worlds and me playing fallen order when it released.

Not to mention I've had my pc setup for a year now. Not sure what you mean though

6. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Not sure what you mean though
    Bro your famous on the forum for selling shit a few months after you buy it lol

7. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Bro your famous on the forum for selling shit a few months after you buy it lol
    A couple years back for sure.

8. Post
    ludez wrote:
    A couple years back for sure.
    You're a changed man now? No more wasting money, gonna hold onto your pc for several years?

9. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    You're a changed man now? No more wasting money, gonna hold onto your pc for several years?
    I bought a laptop in 2017 I think it was, and only got rid of that last year for a superior pc setup. Ultrawide ftw

10. Post
    inb4 ludez buys a PS4 for TLOU2

11. Post
    koldz wrote:
    inb4 ludez buys a PS4 for TLOU2
    Oh yeah that's a given tbh. But I'll be borrowing one. I absolutely have to play that

12. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Oh yeah that's a given tbh. But I'll be borrowing one. I absolutely have to play that
    PS5 will have BC with PS4 games, bro.

13. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    PS5 will have BC with PS4 games, bro.
    Have little desire for a ps5. If I get one it will be the Xbox

14. Post
    ludez wrote:
    If I get one it will be the Xbox
    Buy the platform which publishes all of its first party titles on PC? LOL okay.

15. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Buy the platform which publishes all of its first party titles on PC? LOL okay.
    Yeah good point, it's just that I'm already tied I to the eco system in a sense. Subbed for years on game pass, sons use Xbox for their friends. But yes I see your point.

16. Post
    Being able to buy games once and play them on PC while kids play them on console is good too.

17. Post
    DW wrote:
    Being able to buy games once and play them on PC while kids play them on console is good too.
    I wouldn't buy a premium priced, top of the line model (Series X) for the kids. That's what cheaper models with weaker hardware are for, i.e. Xbox Series S (codename Lockhart).

18. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    I wouldn't buy a premium priced, top of the line model (Series X) for the kids. That's what cheaper models with weaker hardware are for, i.e. Xbox Series S (codename Lockhart).
    I would, because I'd probably still use it sometimes.

19. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    YEah but my kids have 4k tv in their room lol

20. Post
    SirGrim wrote:

They announced that their games would run in backwards compatibility. What CDPR announced was that they'll get the Series-X version on the game if you buy the Xbox One base version (from what I can tell), which means something different.