1. Post

Sony confirms it will not attend E3 2020

Well RIP E3 I guess. Thats too bad Sony has decided it doesn't need the show. Microsoft cant carry E3 on its own. I feel like its only a matter of time before Microsoft pulls out and does its own show to and then there will be no more E3

https://www.ign.com/articles/sony-wi...wraCyoXjtYwRFk

2. Post
    E3 is not what it used to be, it's definitely starting to die off.

In previous years I'd even stay home on the main E3 days to watch it, now it's just another event like other 20 gaming events in the year

3. Post
    E3 is irrelevant. You can just announce shit on social media and/or stream a lower key in-house presentation and have the same marketing impact, but save a bunch of money. Nintendo Directs killed the E3 star.

The only redeeming feature of E3 conferences is to see the cringe, but even that has lessened in recent years. You're more likely to see mostly boring shit like EA talking about their copypasta sports games.

In the past I would've said that Devolver Digital's parody conferences were a highlight, but even those have grown stale. "THOSE LOOTBOXES ARE A THING, EH GUYS?!" *Shows same recycled clips of a fake audience.* Been there, done that.

4. Post
    Did people think they were going to attend there in the first place? I thought they made the point clear for last year's E3 https://www.gamespot.com/articles/pl.../1100-6463293/

"As the industry evolves, Sony Interactive Entertainment continues to look for inventive opportunities to engage the community," the company said in a statement to GameSpot. "PlayStation fans mean the world to us and we always want to innovate, think differently and experiment with new ways to delight gamers. As a result, we have decided not to participate in E3 in 2019. We are exploring new and familiar ways to engage our community in 2019 and can't wait to share our plans with you."
    Not sure how anyone could read that and think 'oh yeah, it's just a one year off thing'

5. Post
    Annoys me as E3 is one of my fav times of the year.

6. Post
    jords wrote:
    Annoys me as E3 is one of my fav times of the year.
    really? its a shell of what it used to be.

7. Post
    Kinda sad to watch it slowly die. While I watched E3 for general gaming announcements I always looked forward to the fighting game announcements, now that those are usually made at Evo I usually just watch the trailers on youtube after E3.

8. Post
    I liked watching the fake cinematics that never represented the actual games

9. Post

10. Post
    Who gives a shit about Keighley.

11. Post
    Lol yeah righto

12. Post
    Who?

13. Post
    |icED-e@RtH| wrote:
    Plenty of people in the industry... but yea sure *shrug*

14. Post
    Are the E3 lot still pushing for what sounds like a cringe influencer fest this year?

I'll keep an eye on it but as soon as I heard the word influencer I just stopped caring, perhaps I am no longer in their target audience though as I shake my old man fist

15. Post
    I think E3 hasn't really been needed for the past couple of years due to the internet being widely used and those so called leaks right before the main event. This year it sounds like another Bethedsda, Ubisoft, MS festival. I'd say good on Sony for going their own way.

16. Post
    the only reason I know that guy is because hes the Doritos pope, thats it

17. Post
    |icED-e@RtH| wrote:
    Exactly. He hosts some glorified Game Adverts every December, they offer nothing of value to actual consumers. Industry insiders sniffing each other's farts, utterly worthless.

18. Post
    I’ve never heard of this guy and frankly he doesn’t seem like a huge loss anyway

19. Post
    That's a massive loss to E3, not only in production but also credibility.

I'm shocked how many peeps haven't heard of him or know his standing in the gaming community...Jords, are we like, top level nerds or some shit? Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

20. Post
    I just remember his highly annoying voice overs on Gametrailers.com videos

21. Post
    Papa Gundam dropped a nice video on the topic. "Biggish news", LMAO.

- - - Updated - - -

Papa Gundam dropped a nice video on the topic. "Biggish news", LMAO.