1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    So I was excited at the headline.

But wtf is that monstrosity - it looks too big, what the is the point of the screen you can't see and why only 2 buttons, the xbox has 4!??

I'll probably still buy it since it's cheap but they could have done better
    Last edited by SirGrim; 18th December 2019 at 7:18 am.

3. Post
    Hoping rear paddles is standard ps5 controller. My pinkies need some action.

4. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    So I was excited at the headline.

But wtf is that monstrosity - it looks too big, what the is the point of the screen you can't see and why only 2 buttons, the xbox has 4!??

I'll probably still buy it since it's cheap but they could have done better
    I'm assuming you only need to look at the screen when you program it but you wont have to look at it while you're playing.

Would be keen to try it out. 2 extra buttons is better than none.

5. Post
    That's true 2 button better than none, but for a one time use screen - still a waste of space/resources when you could just do the same I assume in the PS4 menus surely

6. Post
    A soldering iron, drill, 30 minutes of spare time and a $5 mod kit off Ebay and you can easily scuff your controller with programmable rear buttons.

7. Post
    how about you give us what we really want, a dual shock with L2/R2 buttons instead of triggers? if there's a market for 350 dollar controllers then there's a market for this. you pretty much only need triggers for driving games, which for most people is a very small percentage of their gaming. for everything else buttons are superior.

8. Post
    JRS wrote:
    you pretty much only need triggers for driving games, which for most people is a very small percentage of their gaming. for everything else buttons are superior.
    Speak for yourself...

9. Post
    JRS wrote:
    how about you give us what we really want, a dual shock with L2/R2 buttons instead of triggers? if there's a market for 350 dollar controllers then there's a market for this. you pretty much only need triggers for driving games, which for most people is a very small percentage of their gaming. for everything else buttons are superior.
    Triggers are awesome when they feature locks like the xbox elite v2, you can tighten them as you wish.
    Sony is very far behind in the controller game.

10. Post
    Never needed the use of extra buttons personally

11. Post
    The extra buttons would be sweet for a game like RDR2 which has so many actions mapped to the same button.

12. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Never needed the use of extra buttons personally
    It's very useful for shooters. Without those buttons, when you need to press one of the face buttons to reload/jump/crouch etc your thumb is no longer on the right stick, so you can't move the camera - that gets you killed. The rear buttons mean you never have to lift your thumbs off the thumbsticks so you can also move and see.

For me, button bashing games that use the face buttons (like fighting games, the new star wars game, devil may cry etc) all give me rsi, and mapping those buttons to the rear paddles means no more rsi - just another example of Microsoft being more focused on ergonomics than Sony.

13. Post
    Forza is the only time I use the rear buttons on my elite controller, but I would never play the game in manual mode without them.

14. Post
    I use the paddles on my Xbone elite to replace the L3 and R3 buttons.

Buttons under the analog sticks are a pox on mankind and should be wiped from the earth

15. Post
    MockStar wrote:

Buttons under the analog sticks are a pox on mankind and should be wiped from the earth
    Amen!

16. Post
    JRS wrote:
    Yeah I love trying to press the dpad while controlling a character with the analog stick - no one ever.