1. Post

Synology Warranties (RMA) NZ?

Have a DS1515+ that has failed (probably atom bug). Synology says to RMA it through the original retailer, however, I dont know who this is as i am no the original owner. Synology confirms it is under warranty though.

Who in NZ can i do a RMA through for Synology?

Thanks!

2. Post
    They can't tell you who the retailer was if you give them the serial number? Surely they keep track of where their stock ends up

Also kinda odd in 2019 to not accept rma from the customer can't remember the last time I encountered that.

3. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    They can't tell you who the retailer was if you give them the serial number? Surely they keep track of where their stock ends up
    The manufacturer doesn't sell to retailers. It goes down the chain of supply.

4. Post
    VST, they're pretty helpful and should sort it out for you.

If not I might have some boards hanging around, we had like 7 of them for 1515+ and 1815+ that we bought from a lost Courier auction but they may all be sold already.

Synology stuff is very strictly controlled and there is absolutely no spare parts market. The manufacturer, distributors and everyone have a very tight reign on spare parts because of the Xpenology peeps. Every step in the chain will be able to look up your serial number and find almost everything about it (except who specifically bought it).

5. Post
    Now that I think about it, they're basically the Apple of the NAS world.

6. Post
    suntoucher wrote:
    VST, they're pretty helpful and should sort it out for you.

If not I might have some boards hanging around, we had like 7 of them for 1515+ and 1815+ that we bought from a lost Courier auction but they may all be sold already.

Synology stuff is very strictly controlled and there is absolutely no spare parts market. The manufacturer, distributors and everyone have a very tight reign on spare parts because of the Xpenology peeps. Every step in the chain will be able to look up your serial number and find almost everything about it (except who specifically bought it).
    Thanks man, could you see if you have a board for a 1515+ please?