1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    I'm surprised they're keeping the touchpad seeing as hardly any games really took advantage of it. I remember playing Killzone and thinking how great the touch pad was to use, I thought it would be a bit of a game changer, but that's one of the few games that actually used it properly while most only treat it as a giant button to bring up the map or inventory screen. I suppose it doesn't hurt to keep it, it doesn't use extra battery and what else are you going to put where it is apart from nothing?

3. Post
    Looks a little more ergonomic than the Dual Shock 4 which is nice.

4. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Looks a little more ergonomic than the Dual Shock 4 which is nice.
    I'm liking that aspect of it. The grips are wider and thicker which brings it closer to the shape of the xbox one controllers.

5. Post
    i hope they take the texture off the back. make it shiny, not matte, and it will grip skin like a mofo. the previous PS controllers are so much less "slidey". they wont though because they are far more worried about form than function these days, and shiny is kind of cheap looking .

a model with L2 and R2 buttons instead of triggers would be great. i'd gladly pay to have a 2nd controller with this configuration seeing racing games is such a small percentage of gaming.

make it lighter please. ds4 feels like such a tank if you pick up a ds3.

thank god micro USB is gone. the most useless, flimsy-ass connector of all time. i'd have preferred mini USB because i play plugged in a lot. at least type C is a fair bit stronger than micro.

6. Post
    Ds4 is the lightest controller this generation because it has the smallest battery. The switch pro controller, Xbox one controller, Xbox one x controller, Xbox one x elite v1 and v2 controller are all much heavier than ds4

There is no way ds5 is going to be lighter when the biggest complaint is the terrible battery life on ds4
    Ds5 is wider and thicker than ds4 and also has extra motors for the haptic button feedback. There are only a couple ways ds5 could be lighter - build the entire thing out of carbon fibre and charge $500 for the controller, put such a small battery in that it needs charging every 4 hours or better yet it's no longer wireless and is always plugged in via cable.
    Last edited by SirGrim; 20th November 2019 at 9:08 pm.

7. Post
    I'm still blown away that the shakey controller gimmick made it this far. This would be my first effort to light n the thing.

8. Post
    Imma Kant wrote:
    I'm still blown away that the shakey controller gimmick made it this far. This would be my first effort to light n the thing.
    Agreed, I always turn it off.