1. Post

Diablo IV

With Diablo IV now officially announced, and the new villain revealed I thought that it might be a good time to remind everyone who Lilith is. Rhykker has a great series talking about the lore, and her story is a huge part of that.
    So, if you're interested I've linked to series below, and the trailer as well because its pretty cool.

The history of Lillith is really interesting, and her return in Diablo IV is something I am looking forward to.

I love this series and am even a big fan of Diablo III (in particular post loot 2.0/Reaper of Souls). Diablo IV is looking like it might be the course correction many think it needs. I am just happy that the sequel has been announced and has proven the idiotic unfounded statements about the game to be untrue.
    Obviously there is plenty of time to **** it up, but until the point where Blizzard make and release a bad game I will give them the benefit of the doubt about what Diablo IV will be.

2. Post
    Blizzard has already stuffed up D4 because D4 will only have 4 man team parties as confirmed by Rhykker , it really needs to have 8 like D2. Such a disappointment that you can only team up 3 of your friends instead of 7 like the Diablo 2 days.

Project TL will end up being better.

3. Post
    Yeah I like the art style more this time around. Hopefully you can play solo without seeing anyone else. Nothing breaks immersion more than seeing some guy running around named "AssCracker69"

4. Post
    Will wait and see. I've become so jaded by poor quality AAA releases and loot box crap that I'd rather not get my hopes up.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

5. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    Yeah I like the art style more this time around. Hopefully you can play solo without seeing anyone else. Nothing breaks immersion more than seeing some guy running around named "AssCracker69"
    If that's the only problem with the game, then it's definitely not a dealbreaker for me.

I'm pretty excited for this

6. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    That is also my hope. A forced shared overworld is a problem for me. Not so much after my first playthrough, but I want my first run to be completely solo so I can immerse myself in the world, lore, and story without distraction.

7. Post
    so far it just looks like d3 with a skin

looks a bit doubtful as the game will be rounded down for console style play and casual players

8. Post
    serious>klown wrote:
    so far it just looks like d3 with a skin

looks a bit doubtful as the game will be rounded down for console style play and casual players
    Diablo 3 on console is brilliant. I'm PC fan through and through but they did a great job to have the game play like it does on console.

And "D3 with a skin" seems like a stupid thing to say. Diablo has always been an isometric ARPG title. How different can you make the game before it isn't that genre?

9. Post
    Still can't beat Diablo 1 for the dark visuals and atmosphere.

10. Post
    Rii wrote:
    Diablo 3 on console is brilliant. I'm PC fan through and through but they did a great job to have the game play like it does on console.

And "D3 with a skin" seems like a stupid thing to say. Diablo has always been an isometric ARPG title. How different can you make the game before it isn't that genre?
    When you cater towards console players as well, a lot of things will get cut out.

how did you interpret "D3 with a skin" into "well it can't get better unless it turns into another genre"? literally looks like it was made with d3 engine, just has new art.

obligatory lost arc trailer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcE2k108RkE

11. Post
    Looks like a Paladin and Amazon been recruited to fight the forces of hell. Go get'em Alexa.

12. Post
    Apparently the long rumored Diablo 2 remaster has been cancelled.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/rumou...ter-cancelled/

13. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    That is also my hope. A forced shared overworld is a problem for me. Not so much after my first playthrough, but I want my first run to be completely solo so I can immerse myself in the world, lore, and story without distraction.
    It looks like there is shared world areas including world bosses. Don't know how it would affect your first playthrough.
    This is probably the most in-depth video I have seen on the game so far:

14. Post
    https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/23220...019-11-13-2019

A Letter from our Game Director – BlizzCon 2019

Dear Diablo family,

Thank you all for a great BlizzCon. We unveiled Diablo IV with our announce cinematic, establishing the tone for our overall creative vision moving forward. We hope you all dug that.

We also showed you our gameplay trailer, showcasing our classes, monsters, and open world, and invited you to take the first step in this journey toward Diablo IV together. We can tell from all the questions and excitement we’ve seen online and in-person that you are eager to find out more.

The lines to our demo stations and Dark Gallery were packed all weekend long and we were floored by the overall reception—especially from long-time Diablo players. We were blown away by how often we met people who came back to play the demo again and again. The stories you shared with us about Diablo and what this series means to you moved us and inspire us to do our best.

We’ve been taking this week to assess and discuss our takeaways from BlizzCon, and we love all the deep discussions happening around the art, features, systems, and world of Diablo IV. We’re also excited about a cool update we’re planning for you in February of next year. It will be the first in a series of quarterly updates where we’ll share behind-the-scenes looks at our progress going forward.

We also know that one topic is burning hotter than the rest. We want you to know that we are having the same conversations about items and stats that you are having—whether on the official discussion threads or external sites, we read it all! Getting this right is at the top of our minds, and in the coming weeks our lead systems designer David Kim will provide a few clarifications, share some of his thoughts, and address some of your open questions. We hope you check it out and let us know what you think.

Once again, on behalf of the entire team, from the bottom of our hearts we want to thank you all for a fantastic and unforgettable BlizzCon 2019.

Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

Luis Barriga,

Game Director, Diablo IV
    Will be interesting to see how the quarterly updates turn up

15. Post
    Thunderstorm wrote:
    Blizzard has already stuffed up D4 because D4 will only have 4 man team parties as confirmed by Rhykker , it really needs to have 8 like D2. Such a disappointment that you can only team up 3 of your friends instead of 7 like the Diablo 2 days.

Project TL will end up being better.
    More gameplay footage. Maybe a spoiler its a world boss so avert your eyes....

Looks like 8 players wailing on the boss.

16. Post
    Awesome to see scaled up bosses.

I loved the Belial fight.

17. Post
    Weirdly, I still have the sealed box Reaper of Souls collection for PS4 sitting in my unplayed games: somehow I never got round to playing Diablo.

I think I may need to rectify this leading up to IV after seeing some game footage!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

18. Post
    well, as an old school mmorpg player, that looked boring? they just clicky potions and revives and hit auto attack until boss died? I assume eventually the gear stacking will render bosses like these easy mode.

19. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    well, as an old school mmorpg player, that looked boring? they just clicky potions and revives and hit auto attack until boss died? I assume eventually the gear stacking will render bosses like these easy mode.
    Most of them died though, and they admitted that the devs put the checkpoints far closer to the boss for the purposes of the demo. IIRC the checkpoints aren't nearly as close in D3.

20. Post
    Thats not new, same boss as they had in blizzcon