1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Great review Baz! Couldn't agree with you more.

3. Post
    All I know of this game is that apparently IW did a little historic retconning. There is the Highway of Death in the game, but in-game is was evil Russians that massacred innocents in its creation, when in reality it was the result of US military action in the Gulf War. That's pretty gross if that is the case. I have not played the game, so I can't comment if that actually is in the game.

Not my type of game in the first place, but that sort of blatant dishonest propaganda makes it even less likely I'll ever play it.

4. Post
    I'm confused. Wasn't there a game by this name a decade ago? You say it's a reboot but some of the missions you describe don't seem to match my memory of the game.

5. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    I'm confused. Wasn't there a game by this name a decade ago? You say it's a reboot but some of the missions you describe don't seem to match my memory of the game.
    It's more of a re-imagining/reboot so pretty much everything outside of some returning characters is new/different in this one. It's definitely a bit odd to go with the same name though!

6. Post
    Rebooting a franchise does not mean retreading. In fact it's generally a different tack entirely.

Fallout 3 was a reboot of the series
    Wolfenstein (2009) was a reboot and very different from the OG
    Wolfenstein - New Order was a reboot of Wolfenstein (2009)
    DMC was a reboot of Devil May Cry

A reboot is just that, it's purpose is to reset and kickoff the franchise fresh.