Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Results 1 to 25 of 45

  1. Post
    #1

    Hyundai A-League 2019/20

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	5.7 KB 
ID:	227455
    Time again for this 2nd rate comp to start... suppose someone had to make a thread on it

    Adds a bit of interest that Rudan is coaching W.U. & taken Durante, goalkeeper Kurto & Burgess with him... hope our strikers take full advantage of the plodding Durante at the back & run at him at every opportunity.






    Name:  B5..jpg
Views: 160
Size:  13.1 KB
    Sun 13th Oct {Wgtn Westpac} - 6pm
    PHOENIX v WESTERN UNITED
    Last edited by signman; 10th October 2019 at 6:57 pm.

  2. Post
    #2
    We got Hooperrrrrr

  3. Post
    #3
    What a signing that is. Much more optimistic about the rest of the season if stays fit - possibly the biggest signing we've ever made.

  4. Post
    #4
    Hopefully Hooper plays the full 90 next week.

  5. Post
    #5
    Hooper looks a quality player & Phoenix look pretty good up front overall... midfield is looking poor though other than Rufer & they're crap at the back as usual, Fenton use to have real pace, think he's still only in his mid 20's, but injuries over the last few years have really hampered his speed... because our midfield & backs are slow coming out from the back we don't get any flow going making it much easier for the opposition to choke us off really hindering the quality of the ball our strikers receive.



    Name:  B6..jpg
Views: 118
Size:  8.7 KB

    PHOENIX v MELB VIC
    Sun 10th Nov {Aussie} - 6pm

  6. Post
    #6
    Points!

  7. Post
    #7
    Best performance in a long time - first win in Adelaide for 5 years against an Adelaide team who just won 4 in a row. We dominated.

    Davila, Libby, Rufer all superb.

  8. Post
    #8
    Great game. Could've been more too.

  9. Post
    #9
    Their finishing seemed a little bit shit. I watched the highlights and they could have had at least 5 or 6.

  10. Post
    #10
    You're not wrong - but we won, which is what matters. Best striker was still sitting on the bench and has done for most of the season; if we somehow get him fit enough to start most games, I really think we could push anyone.

    Talay has already gotten us playing a better style than Rudan ever did. Results haven't quite shown it yet, but hopefully we can continue the upward trajectory.

  11. Post
    #11
    Valeo wrote:
    Talay has already gotten us playing a better style than Rudan ever did.
    Yeah that's for sure, the biggest improvement I've noticed is we are marking much tighter in defence, especially in our danger zone... signing Hooper looks to be a big mistake he's always struggling with his fitness, they would've known he was going to be a huge risk because of all his injury history.

  12. Post
    #12
    Some really good combinations were on show last night. Unfortunate that we couldn't leave with the full 3pts.

  13. Post
    #13
    Name:  B2..jpg
Views: 60
Size:  5.9 KB
    PHOENIX v SYDNEY
    Sat 21st Dec {Wgtn Westpac} - 4.45pm

  14. Post
    #14
    Phoenix had every chance to win that match.

    Have never really rated Cacace as he tends to give silly passes away & loses control of the ball too easily, but credit where it's due reckon that's the best game I've seen him play, he had an excellent run down the left flank in the 2nd half beat a couple of players & executed a pin point cross that only needed to be tapped in, instead Davila missed an absolute given.

    No doubt our defence has improved overall under the new coach but we are still letting their strikers run free in & around our box, our defenders need to be reading play better picking these blokes up & running with them... also we still need to move faster out from the back, Taylor is one of the worse for ****ing about too much in that area.

  15. Post
    #15
    Libby is our best player, next to Davila. Will be off overseas soon. You have to remember he's just out of school - still bloody 19 - and he just made a Socceroos full back (and best FB in the league) look silly. He plays like a seasoned pro.

    We should've won the last two games. Disappointing, but good that we're feeling like that after playing the best team in the league.

    They barely created anything all game, so I don't understand your criticism necessarily.

  16. Post
    #16
    Doesn't matter that he's 19, he's had plenty of game time for the Phoenix, as mentioned haven't been that impressed with him, needs to play with more consistency & that goes for the rest of the team too, don't see Libby or Davila as our two best players the latter missing an unbelievably easy goal that he could've scored with a back heel, all the players in the squad are not that good, except for Hooper who is clearly a class above the others, unfortunately his fitness is a huge concern.

    Yeah, they didn't create as many threatening chances on goal as us, but thought they wasted good opportunities to threaten our net mainly due to our loose marking, if an opposition player has possession of the ball near the Phoenix goal it should be a given that we mark all their players tightly off the ball in our danger area really restricting their options which also gives us a good chance of winning the ball back ...it's a very mediocre comp & really makes you cringe at the skill level from all teams.

  17. Post
    #17
    I went to the game and it was a great day. We had our chances but you can't be too upset coming away with a draw against the team sitting top of the table.

  18. Post
    #18
    signman wrote:
    it's a very mediocre comp & really makes you cringe at the skill level from all teams.
    You just answered your own criticism. If you expect to see high tier football everytime you put on an A-League game you're going to have a bad time.

  19. Post
    #19
    signman wrote:
    Doesn't matter that he's 19, he's had plenty of game time for the Phoenix, as mentioned haven't been that impressed with him, needs to play with more consistency & that goes for the rest of the team too, don't see Libby or Davila as our two best players the latter missing an unbelievably easy goal that he could've scored with a back heel, all the players in the squad are not that good, except for Hooper who is clearly a class above the others, unfortunately his fitness is a huge concern.

    Yeah, they didn't create as many threatening chances on goal as us, but thought they wasted good opportunities to threaten our net mainly due to our loose marking, if an opposition player has possession of the ball near the Phoenix goal it should be a given that we mark all their players tightly off the ball in our danger area really restricting their options which also gives us a good chance of winning the ball back ...it's a very mediocre comp & really makes you cringe at the skill level from all teams.
    Good to see your opinions are still batshit crazy mate

    Davila is the best import in the next next to Ninkovic and Diamanti. Lucky to have him.

    Libby will be off to Europe next year (or in January); he's better than Singh at the same age and Singh just got some minutes in Bayern's first team.. You really underrate the kiwi guys and overrate European football in comparison.

  20. Post
    #20
    Galent wrote:
    You just answered your own criticism. If you expect to see high tier football everytime you put on an A-League game you're going to have a bad time.
    What ? of course everyone knows the quality of this comp isn't that great, just saying it like it is.

  21. Post
    #21
    Valeo wrote:
    Good to see your opinions are still batshit crazy mate

    Davila is the best import in the next next to Ninkovic and Diamanti. Lucky to have him.

    Libby will be off to Europe next year (or in January); he's better than Singh at the same age and Singh just got some minutes in Bayern's first team.. You really underrate the kiwi guys and overrate European football in comparison.
    Utter nonsense, I'm just realistic unlike yourself... also can't remember you saying much if anything about our loose marking in & around our box ? if you're not going to defend that well it's harder to stay in the game & we stuff around too much at the back instead of moving forward with urgency, another thing you tend to not worry about that much.

    You really overrate Davila, he tends to go walkabout a bit & is pretty inconsistent.

    Christ, it's not hard to work out that the skill level of Australasians generally isn't as good as the Europeans, only have to look at the quality of the A-League ?

  22. Post
    #22
    Name:  B3..jpg
Views: 42
Size:  7.8 KB
    PHOENIX v WESTERN UNITED
    Sat 28th Dec {Aussie} - 7pm

  23. Post
    #23
    What a game. I hope anyone depressed with the cricket managed to switch over the that; this is the best Nix team I reckon I've ever seen. We actually play out from the back and have combinations in midfield like a proper, actual football team.

    Davila best in the league.

    Unfortunate Devlin and Piscopo will now be going away with the U23s for a month.

  24. Post
    #24
    Top performance from the Phoenix, played with real urgency... what impressed me the most was when the Phoenix players were in possession in crowded areas they would kept control of the ball well by keeping it very close to their feet allowing us to keep possession for pretty long periods, thought the accuracy of the passing was good too.

    Going a bit far mate by saying Davila is the best in the league, yeah he played very well in this match & is playing with more consistency over the last few games, his big asset is to make short bursts & having the ability to turn very quickly on the ball then deliver a short pass, which is pretty much what he did to set that goal up for Ball the marking was very poor on him when he scored though, impressed with Piscopo's ball dribbling skills, also like the way Devlin plays very busy type of player, there's a good variation of players in the team.

    We took advantage of Durante's lack of pace by attacking down his flank frequently.

    Still don't like how we backpedal in defence deep in our half makes it too easy for them make ground & to have a crack at goal.

  25. Post
    #25
    Valeo wrote:
    this is the best Nix team I reckon I've ever seen.
    Bit early to say that, they're going well & probably have the best coach they've ever had, still only in 6th spot though & there's a long way to go... can only really judge the team by what position they finish in at the end of the comp.