1. Post
    Roy has attitude.

Just so much attitude.

He looks angry now. And he's middling them...

Was this a 400 pitch if England had batted first?

2. Post
    Why burn a review there, c'mon Roy. Tell him to go, that was dead.

3. Post
    Starc saved his two worst outings for last

4. Post
    This is a pummeling....

The worst thing for NZ would be for Aus to take some quick wickets and make it close causing the England batsmen to have nets tomorrow.

5. Post
    LOL

Now Roy cannot review because he ****ing let Bairstow burn it

6. Post
    It's hard to see NZ beating England on Sunday but I said the thing about the India game.

7. Post
    Taken me a long time - but I'm really into this Cup now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    It's hard to see NZ beating England on Sunday but I said the thing about Australia.
    Englands the better team, but Guptill, Nicholls, Neesham and CdG owe us. Anything can happen. I won't bet on it, but I am dreaming for it.

8. Post
    Yeah, if Guptil is ever going to give us our money back for his plane ticket to England, it's on Sunday.

Maybe the stars will align: our openers won't get golden ducks, Taylor won't run Williamson out and Matt Henry won't bowl too many long hops.

9. Post
    Think you'll need galaxies and black holes to align for all that.

10. Post
    So did Aus bowl well?

Nice there will be new Champs since 1996

11. Post
    JGonna be an interesting final.. Engalnd clearly favourites but getting Roy and Root could quickly change their mindset despite their batting depth

Both teams want to win the toss and bat first, both teams will likely choke as hard as the other chasing anything above 150.

One thing we seriously need to do is put away the bad balls can't just work full tosses and rank shit for 1run, despite how average Australia did last night they never failed to capitalize on the bad ball

12. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    Yeah, if Guptil is ever going to give us our money back for his plane ticket to England, it's on Sunday.

Maybe the stars will align: our openers won't get golden ducks, Taylor won't run Williamson out and Matt Henry won't bowl too many long hops.
    If Henry can bowl like he did against India I wouldn't worry. He was even great at the death!

13. Post
    Kinda hoping England take us lightly and we roll them.

14. Post
    [QUOTE=BaggyGreens;11315851]Congrats Kiwis. You deserve to be in the final. I chose you. Our blokes came up short when the chips were down. Sorry this lot.. bar Steve Smith are not in the same class as Hayden, Ponting, Gilchrist, Warne and McGrath. How Stoinis and Maxwell played this semi is a mystery. Maxwell 177 from 10 matches. Ranked 46 has been the perennial "no show" yet again. Our so called premier ODI all rounder Stoinis fared even worse with the bat and took a paltry 7 wickets. finishing 40 in the rankings. These two should never don Aussie colors again.
    Last edited by BaggyGreens; 12th July 2019 at 10:55 am.

15. Post
    Gerter wrote:
    So did Aus bowl well?

Nice there will be new Champs since 1996
    No. Starc was their only hope, and he was rubbish.

Edit Post > tick delete > delete. Not difficult.

16. Post
    <N> wrote:

Edit Post > tick delete > delete. Not difficult.
    Do you think that is not what I am doing!

17. Post
    <N> wrote:
    Cummins low yield of only 14 wickets has been a surprise after coming into the WC in career best form. Starc has always been inconsistent. I liked Behrendorff's productivity. CA missed a trick imho not picking Adam Zampa plus not giving their two best death bowlers..Kane Richardson and Andrew Tye more game time.
    Last edited by BaggyGreens; 12th July 2019 at 11:05 am.

18. Post
    BaggyGreens wrote:
    Cummins loss of form when we needed him most has been rather bewildering. Starc has always been inconsistent. I liked Behrendorff's productivity. CA missed a trick imho not picking Adam Zampa plus not giving their two best death bowlers..Kane Richardson and Andrew Tye more game time.
    Starc bowled really well in this tournament though Baggy taking 26 wicket heading into the semi, think that's a record ? true he can be pretty inconsistent, but he's probably the most accurate yorker bowler in the world, when going well his late swinging yorkers are deadly, unfortunately for Aussie he just didn't perform well.

Yeah, at times the right players are not selected etc making it very frustrating, therefore you're not going to get the best performance out of your team.

19. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    It's hard to see NZ beating England on Sunday but I said the thing about the India game.
    Would've been the case going by how poorly we played in our last 3 pool matches going into that knockout match, but after the composure & skill we showed beating India we should be going into the final with plenty of confidence of having a good crack at winning it.

20. Post
    signman wrote:
    Would've been the case going by how poorly we played in our last 3 pool matches going into that knockout match, but after the composure & skill we showed beating India we should be going into the final with plenty of confidence of having a good crack at winning it.
    I agree signman. Unless I have read it wrong Kiwis were the only one of the top ranked teams to beat India. You will give it better than a good crack. My money is on your men in black.

21. Post
    Those pesky Poms will now have bragging rights leading into the Ashes. Must not forget one important thing..Balmy Army.. red and white ball cricket are apples and oranges..

22. Post
    It won't happen guys. Its literally a 0% chance we'll win.

England by twenty zillion runs.

23. Post
    MXRecord wrote:
    It won't happen guys. Its literally a 0% chance we'll win.

England by twenty zillion runs.
    That's a silly comment... if you watched the match we played against India you'd realise we are in with a decent chance of winning.

24. Post
    BaggyGreens wrote:
    Those pesky Poms will now have bragging rights leading into the Ashes. Must not forget one important thing..Balmy Army.. red and white ball cricket are apples and oranges..
    If we do beat the poms in the final it will at least give them a bit of an uppercut going into the Ashes Baggy

25. Post
    The salt from losing teams, eh https://www.news.com.au/sport/cricke...c51d7fa19cf486

"TIME FOR BEST-OF-THREE SEMIS"

Ffs. This isn't a bilateral series. You perform when it matters or go home. If you simply get another go then what's the point?

"But no one outside of New Zealand would be arguing the Kiwis are the second best team on the planet and if that’s the case then perhaps the semi-finals should be best of three."

Gee, welcome to the nature World Cups. We're not the 2nd best, but we're certainly top four. The All Blacks were the best team for many years and couldn't win a WC. ODI rankings don't mean shit when it comes to tournaments.

Sure, ODI cricket could do with a bit of a makeover... but that won't change the nature of tournament play. I think I'd prefer ODI's to be 40 overs in the long run tbh, needs to be trialled.