1. Post

Who is with MyRepublic

Hey Guy's,

Who is with MyRepublic?

How is their service?

Any speed issues?

They have a great price for 500/950 at the moment and would look at this for my rental as I am off contract with Skinny, they will also offer me the same deal and $100 credit when I change over my current set up when it is off contract is Nov.

I am mainly looking at them for static IP address, which is only $10 a month compare to either, we don't offer it, or a lot more!

So far their sales team has been good to deal with, and offered all the answers I have been after, but anyone with real world experience?

2. Post
    All ISP's are great till you sign up lol.

3. Post
    Too true, which is why I am asking questions.

In the early days MyRepublic was criticised for having the worst performing network, just want to see if that is still the case in 2019

4. Post
    Depends where you are too. I mate went from spark to myrepublic then pretty much straight back as speeds dropped. Palmy.

5. Post
    I'd still be wary of MyRepublic. I am with Slingshot on Gigabit at the moment but don't ultilise the speed (and my contract also just ran out) - you can get 6 months half-price with them (though they are $10 a month more).

I just resigned to Bigpipe today for 200/20 Unlimited for $79 (Christchurch only speed/deal) with the first 3 months free and used my referral code link from when I was previously a customer to get another $20 off

I wanted a static IP also, and they have a one off upfront cost of $45, versus paying monthly for one, like you have to with MyRepublic and most of the others.

6. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    I'd still be wary of MyRepublic. I am with Slingshot on Gigabit at the moment but don't ultilise the speed (and my contract also just ran out) - you can get 6 months half-price with them (though they are $10 a month more).

I just resigned to Bigpipe today for 200/20 Unlimited for $79 (Christchurch only speed/deal) with the first 3 months free and used my referral code link from when I was previously a customer to get another $20 off

I wanted a static IP also, and they have a one off upfront cost of $45, versus paying monthly for one, like you have to with MyRepublic and most of the others.
    Thanks for this, I see a long thread about Big Pipe so I'll start reading that.

7. Post
    Most of it will be irrelevant now because BigPipe used to run as a separate ISP/network, but they have been merged into Spark's network now

So the only differentiation is price and service between BigPipe and Spark, performance will be identical

8. Post
    IMO, unless you're doing something special, you can't really go wrong service-wise with Slingshot/Orcon/2degrees/Bigpipe/Spark these days. Which one you pick really comes down to price and preference.

In OP's case Slingshot/Orcon/Bigpipe all have similar promotions and pricing once you take a static IP into account. If a sticky IP (may change, but almost never does) would suffice, the Slingshot/Orcon would be ~$150 cheaper over the term of the contract.

9. Post
    MyRepublic were great in the early days. Recently signed up with them again after being with another ISP for a wee while (non fibre area) and have noticed a decline. Service is still pretty good overall but so far every time I've spoken with someone at the call centre they've been Filipino, so either tons of Filipinos in Auckland (which wouldn't surprise me) or they've outsourced. Despite that, the quality of the service calls are still pretty high. I've only had to call a couple of times and they've been easy to understand and fairly helpful. Wait times aren't bad either.

My speed is definitely down from what it used to be, could just be network congestion as I am in Tauranga which is definitely undergoing serious growing pains, but I'm usually getting 650-800Mbps on a Gigabit connection. Not terrible, but not quite what I'm paying for either.

Still, Gigabit for $89.99 is well priced and dramatically cheaper than say Spark's offering. And so far the connection has been reliable and consistent which definitely matters. Also glad to get away from Spark, when I cancelled my account with them they couldn't even do that right! Apparently the cancellation had been cancelled because it was 'no longer required' which is utterly bizarre given that I'd had no contact whatsoever with them since I cancelled. Ridiculous.