1. Post

Mordhau

Is anyone playin this? It looks fun and gets good review but I am wondering if theres much NZ population before I buy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LltbQjh99RU

2. Post
    I seem to match quite quickly to oceanic servers if that helps.

3. Post
    I feel like I'm slowly getting better at this game, best to charge in with a group but watch your swing because you can easily hit your own teammates.

4. Post
    Yeah I got it, fun but takes some skill that is for sure.

5. Post
    And another two cents exactly the same... enjoying it but has a steep learning curve to get half way good. Either that or I just suck at it! :P

6. Post
    Yeah I'm doing decent in it.

A well played catapult is OP if they keep rushing a position. Horses are insane. Love all the classes.

7. Post
    MorbidNZ wrote:
    And another two cents exactly the same... enjoying it but has a steep learning curve to get half way good. Either that or I just suck at it! :P
    It is hard but also It had a long alpha/beta etc. So lots of people with shit loads of hours into it.

8. Post
    Awesome! I was a big fan of Chivalry Medieval Warfare. Might give this a whirl.

9. Post
    Bring back the GP Napoleonic Wars glory days.

GP Cocks represent.

10. Post
    Some tips:
    - Use the mouse-wheel up stab if a horse is coming for you (easier if you are a sword/2h class with ok range on your weapon, better to strafe out and block if 1 hander).
    - Catapults are OP - from their starter position usually adjusting the mouse wheel 2 scrolls down will give it a reasonable distance but one where you can still see your damage
    - Horses are OP if you stay mobile, throttle off to get around corners easier then get them up to speed
    - Aggression is the meta - be too conservative and you won't get those kills
    - Blocking is all timing (less direction) - right click at the right time and you'll get the block

It's a whole lot of fun, PM me if you need a crew to play with - we have a jam every couple of nights.

11. Post
    Denker wrote:
    Bring back the GP Napoleonic Wars glory days.

GP Cocks represent.
    Lol yup some great times in that game.

12. Post
    Bannerlord when?

13. Post
    I really enjoy saying the name

Mord-hau
    MORD-HAU
    MOOOORRRRD HOW

14. Post
    This game is really fun but super cancerous in many ways. (Spears, TK, Shields, Bows, Catapults, Horses... etc etc)

15. Post
    Bt wrote:
    This game is really fun but super cancerous in many ways. (Spears, TK, Shields, Bows, Catapults, Horses... etc etc)
    I have no problem with those except the TK of course, my gripe is with the bloody archers. I love the look of panic when they see a war axe come charging at them though.

16. Post
    Bows are fine tbh. Horses **** me off.

17. Post
    This reminds me of old school, late 90s/early 2000s games - having a lot of fun without much stress.

Anyone that starts taking it too seriously can get in the bin. There's always one guy every game shouting about the objective.

18. Post
    Or just general whining, like "that weapons too op", or "Archers are Gay" and so on.
    Don't like how people seem to enjoy killing the horse even when no one's on it.

19. Post
    #justice4horsies

20. Post
    I'm glad that the number of horsies is limited at least, and I don't feel as impotent against them as I would against tanks and jets in Battlefield games. It might be that people aren't so good at them yet, but it doesn't feel as bad as Warband. Cav in Warband had the potential to be pretty rage induing. The horses were fairly nimble, and the lances could outrange all melee infantry (Except maybe pikes?), and people using them tended to be vultures who would swoop in from behind the second you were engaged in melee with another player. Sometimes a full third of the enemy team would be on cav as well.

21. Post
    Horses are fine imo, because most of the time people just get stuck in some crevice then ambushed by 6 people

22. Post
    Mostly playing Longbow, stupidly fun lol, love shooting horse riders off with a head shot, see their body go flying off.

23. Post
    Rekuja wrote:
    Mostly playing Longbow, stupidly fun lol, love shooting horse riders off with a head shot, see their body go flying off.
    Even better when you hit them with the alt grip of a billhook and slam them off the horse onto their back, then you proceed to stab them in the face with the pointy end whilst laughing in a high pitch foppish voice.