1. Post
    Played the stress test for a bit. Got bored after about an hour.

Will probably go down the same when the real servers go live. Unless I join a half-decent levelling group.

2. Post
    Kek.

I enjoyed it. Actually seeing people out in the world was good not to mention being on Dischord with the lads.

3. Post
    Only 2 realms for Oceania, 1 x PVP and 1 x Normal (assume this is PVE ?)
    might be getting ahead of myself but will this be enough, unless the player cap is no longer 10,000?
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=294352/...ames-and-types

4. Post
    I'd prefer a queue than a dead server.
    I think it will be great. What server will you guys be going on? PVP here!

5. Post
    Yeah PVP only. I think a max popped server is far better than heaps of dead ones.

6. Post
    Played quite a bit of the stress test over the weekend, got my mage to lvl 15 and did a bit of world pvp. Really enjoyed it. I'll be charging hard for a few days at launch on the Arugal server (pvp).

7. Post
    Same. It's been great. Just spent the last 2hours on a goldshire raid.

8. Post
    Unless i am looking in all the wrong forums, there is not a huge amount of hype in the AU/NZ community for WoW classic.
    I have taken a few days off to get stuck into this, hope its going to kick off again

9. Post
    Yeah I guess everyone just uses Dischord now eh.

10. Post
    https://discord.gg/3jX9s3H

For the Classic wow oceania channel

11. Post
    jamz wrote:
    https://discord.gg/3jX9s3H

For the Classic wow oceania channel
    Hyped going PVE because my-friends and I have lives these days

12. Post
    Going PvP and reserved my names.

13. Post
    Arugal - PVP. Alliance

14. Post
    Name:  unknown.png
Views: 238
Size:  110.8 KB

yeaaaa boiiii

see you guys in 2 weeks

15. Post
    Managed to reserve Kungen, Sco and Asmongold.

But really reserved my first 3 toons I made, which I played all the way to BFA.

Now have to wait till the 26th

16. Post
    Shits starting to get real. Havent actually looked forward to a game this much in years.

17. Post
    DeazeNZ wrote:
    Shits starting to get real. Havent actually looked forward to a game this much in years.
    I am worried about this too.
    Have taken a few days off for this, my concern is come time to go back to work... will I?
    Might have to ask family/friends to pre arrange an intervention come the following Monday.

18. Post
    What's required to actually play? Do i just need to buy the original game and no expansions? Or is it free and just pay for the subscription?

19. Post
    ajaxx wrote:
    What's required to actually play? Do i just need to buy the original game and no expansions? Or is it free and just pay for the subscription?
    Subscription and then free for the game itself

Devan wrote:
    I am worried about this too.
    Have taken a few days off for this, my concern is come time to go back to work... will I?
    Might have to ask family/friends to pre arrange an intervention come the following Monday.
    Haha me too I have taken 3 days off work along with a mate.

20. Post
    I was planning on taking the first week or two, then one of my team at work quit, so cant cos we'd be too short staffed. Feelsbadman.

21. Post
    I have taken a week off work 2 weeks after the release so it should be a bit quieter

I'll be playing on day 1 with the masses though

22. Post
    I haven't played since WOTLK, do the servers still grind to a halt or have they found a way of "zoning" groups of people so that we dont have 3000 people in the Orc/troll starting zone hitting the same 10 quests?

I am imagining something similar to when you had your own Keep which you had to maintain with daily quests etc, you were effectively in "single Player" mode unless you invited people to your party.

23. Post
    They have layers or shards to try to prevent over crowding. pros and cons though such as being in a main city and not seeing everyone due to layering unless you're in a group with those pers.

All it means instead of 500 people camping sarkoth in durotar you'll have around 250...

24. Post
    Ok cool so there will be some kind of control on day 1.
    I just remember being excited for BC Release and travelling to badlands and it being a fukn disaster for about a day, and even then fighting with other players for quest mobs in the BC Starting zone.

25. Post
    Yeah. They have increased the spawn rates in the lower areas as well based on rates of mobs dieing. It was evident when they altered the rates during the stress test.

A little wounding in some places with mobs repawning on you constantly. Also I found the aggro rates were reduced. Will be interesting to see how they go in Live.