Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 5 of 12 First ... 2345678 ... Last

1. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    wow, this might be the first EA game i might purchase in like 10 + years
    It'll likely be another short ass game with linear story progression, so I suggest just subbing a month to Origin Access Premier, if you MUST play it upon release. This will be healthy discounted come at least May/June.

2. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    It'll likely be another short ass game with linear story progression, so I suggest just subbing a month to Origin Access Premier, if you MUST play it upon release. This will be healthy discounted come at least May/June.
    Classic pessimistic Eva response lol

3. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Classic pessimistic Eva response lol
    Put him on ignore. It makes things so much better. I only see his posts when people quote them. Shame quotes are not hidden as well.

4. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Put him on ignore. It makes things so much better. I only see his posts when people quote them. Shame quotes are not hidden as well.
    Done, cheers

5. Post
    I mean yeah his posts are 99% eye-rolling to read but with all these game passes, he is kinda right?

Sub for a month and if you enjoy it that much, buy it?

Isn't that what we used to do back in the days of Video Ezy

6. Post
    we will see, i am not really a day 1 purchaser for AAA stuff anymore ( ok except the Doom Collectors edition which i pre ordered cos i wanted the Doom marine helm and i am dumb ) . The pass seems good, i did it for Outer Worlds but i am already finished with the game with 2 play thrus . It is too easy but easily worth the $14 nzd. (?) .

7. Post
    Bit on the fence myself, I like the idea of a Star wars with a bit of souls flavour and appreciate the work the developers etc have put in, but I loathe EA, I am intrigued by what they've shown so far but I have a feeling it won't be as deep as I would prefer, will wait and see.

8. Post
    Every time I'm playing the Witcher and I'm using mind trick & force push and deflecting arrows back at enemies with my sword, the entire time I'm wishing that CD Projekt Red would make an open world Star Wars Jedi game.
    Last edited by GiantMartianTripod; 4th November 2019 at 2:32 pm.

9. Post
    I'm pretty excited to play this.
    Opted for a month sub to Origin premier, downloaded it this morning.
    Sekiro has been my favourite game this year, and Apex Legends is my most played.

10. Post
    Hi five for Sekiro, beating that B$#@$ Ishin Sword bastard while Pantera Cowboys from Hell at full volume was blazing out is something my neighbours will be glad I move house. Steve if you're reading this, I'll shout you a pair of QC35's.

Yep, excited to give this a go Friday. Wanting a Empire Strikes Back challenge.

11. Post
    Is it a worrying sign that the review embargo lifts so late or is that just normal practice for EA published games?

12. Post
    Maybe it's due to the game being a Star Wars game that the review embargo is being lifted pretty late. Maybe also trying to stop reviewers from talking about "spoilers" I'll be grabbing this tomorrow as hey it looks cool and hopefully won't be hard as nails lol (I'm sure you can change the difficulty in this)

13. Post
    Saw a mini review from a player who got their copy early. The game sounds awesome, but I'll still hold off until we get proper reviews.

It really does sound like dark souls + god of war + star wars = Jedi Fallen Order. The game even has the dark souls bonfire saving mechanic. Could be a real sleeper hit for the year.

14. Post
    Ive got the game lol.
    Moral dilemma as I got sold it early from the whare whare. And they price matched dick Smith and beat it by 10%, but it's digital only. And tempted to return it tomorrow and get the disc instead

15. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    Maybe it's due to the game being a Star Wars game that the review embargo is being lifted pretty late. Maybe also trying to stop reviewers from talking about "spoilers" I'll be grabbing this tomorrow as hey it looks cool and hopefully won't be hard as nails lol (I'm sure you can change the difficulty in this)
    The only other game I remember buying on day one that didn't have a review up a couple days beforehand was another EA game Mass Effect Andromeda, and that game was a bit of a mess, I always figured they lifted the embargo late on that one because they knew they'd get mixed reviews that might impact last minute preorders and day one sales, I haven't been interested in any other EA games so haven't taken much notice how early or late the reviews came out so that's why I asked.

16. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Ive got the game lol.
    Moral dilemma as I got sold it early from the whare whare. And they price matched dick Smith and beat it by 10%, but it's digital only. And tempted to return it tomorrow and get the disc instead
    You have a moral obligation to play and stream the game on twitch now, hurry up!

17. Post
    GiantMartianTripod wrote:
    The only other game I remember buying on day one that didn't have a review up a couple days beforehand was another EA game Mass Effect Andromeda, and that game was a bit of a mess, I always figured they lifted the embargo late on that one because they knew they'd get mixed reviews that might impact last minute preorders and day one sales, I haven't been interested in any other EA games so haven't taken much notice how early or late the reviews came out so that's why I asked.
    Fair enough.

18. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    You have a moral obligation to play and stream the game on twitch now, hurry up!
    To be honest I'm more concerned about the staff member getting in trouble. Will hold off till tomorrow I think

19. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Ive got the game lol.
    Score dude well done.

Price match Dick Smith, what proof you give them to price match? I was told online Aussie store so wouldn't price match.

20. Post
    GeneralZod wrote:
    Score dude well done.

Price match Dick Smith, what proof you give them to price match? I was told online Aussie store so wouldn't price match.
    Just showed them the price on my phone. It is. Co. Nz so they usually price match

21. Post
    GeneralZod wrote:
    Score dude well done.

Sales person probably didn't know it's a online only store, especially since DSE used to have physical stores here.

22. Post
    ludez wrote:
    To be honest I'm more concerned about the staff member getting in trouble. Will hold off till tomorrow I think
    they wont know

23. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Just showed them the price on my phone. It is. Co. Nz so they usually price match
    Tried again on lunch break no dice, you got better sales staff up north

I'll try JB use up some vouchers tomorrow. Perfect timing its Canty anny so all day to pound on stormtroopers. And if you do fire it up a first impressions would be great. So far read positive posts from early buyers and some performance issues on ps4. Hope the pro handles it ok.

24. Post
    GeneralZod wrote:
    Tried again on lunch break no dice, you got better sales staff up north

I'll try JB use up some vouchers tomorrow. Perfect timing its Canty anny so all day to pound on stormtroopers. And if you do fire it up a first impressions would be great. So far read positive posts from early buyers and some performance issues on ps4. Hope the pro handles it ok.
    I'm down south haha

25. Post
    Even better is that it turned out to be the deluxe edition, with ea access, xbox live gold and game pass......
    It is installing now noice

Excitement squandered. Because it's digital I can't play yet.
    Last edited by ludez; 14th November 2019 at 1:08 pm.