The Sekiro Accessibility Debate

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 11 of 11 First ... 891011
Results 251 to 261 of 261

  1. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Hmm, I had no issue with Blazing Bull, seems an odd nerf.
    Same here. For me it was just a matter of adjusting my tactics. First few tries were an utter disaster, but I tried being less defensive and actively trying to stay at his flank and he became a cakewalk.

    Meanwhile Owl has been shitting on me for like a week now. I've gotten so close, but he's always zoomed over and one hit me with some bullshit. I give him a few goes a day. I know it'll be immensely satisfying when I finally kill his old ass.

  2. Post
    Yeah Owl gave me the shits as well lol. Took me a few days to beat him. If you think hes bad wait until you get to the last boss lol. I've been stuck on him for ages.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  3. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    lmao at least your wife thinks you're a beast lol
    You should see what she's like when I get back from a gym session all jacked and swole

  4. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    You should see what she's like when I get back from a gym session all jacked and swole

  5. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Hmm, I had no issue with Blazing Bull, seems an odd nerf.
    yeah all you had to do was run around after him and when he slides hit him, one of the easiest bosses i thought - both versions of isshin needing nerfing - took me ages to get through them lol, got my platinum this morning after about 5 hours of grinding out the skills
    Last edited by SlayerNZ; Yesterday at 7:35 am. Reason: spelling

  6. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Yeah Owl gave me the shits as well lol. Took me a few days to beat him. If you think hes bad wait until you get to the last boss lol. I've been stuck on him for ages.
    Finally beat him tonight. Literally screamed when I landed that final deathblow. I was shaking from adrenaline and so, so, SO incredibly satisfied. Was happy to launch into a new area only to discover that the first thing you encounter is ANOTHER BOSS. F***. At least this one doesn't seem too tough...

    A couple of observations and opinions. Dark Souls is to Sekiro what Sesame Street is to Happy Tree Friends or some shit. Dark Souls was no doubt challenging, but you could compensate for a lack of skill or mechanical knowledge by summoning a friend or equipping a massive as **** shield for instance. Sekiro on the other hand strips you of those luxuries and forces you to quite literally git gud. Only after having my ass handed to me time after time in Sekiro did I realise that I really was relying on those things (particularly the big shield) in Dark Souls because Sekiro absolutely violates me in indescribable ways. It's not saying that's a bad thing, on the contrary I love the idea as frustrating for me as it can be, I'm simply stating an observation.

    Another related observation is that the boss vs zone balance gets quite shitty late in the game. One of the best things about From Softwares titles is their incredible world building. In particular how they manage to link everything together in creative ways. Dark Souls will always be my gold standard for this, where there were literal zones on top of zones on top of other zones with intricate shortcuts and methods of transport for getting between them. I always absolutely adored this about Dark Souls and while Sekiro certainly doesn't do it as well (having a fast travel takes away from the necessity of this kind of intricate world building), the actual zones themselves are wonderfully designed, packed with secret paths and hidden items. Exploring them much like the exploration in a Dark Souls title is truly a wonderful experience. Which brings me back to my point. Towards the end of Sekiro, it becomes boss after boss after boss, with little to no exploration between them. Couple this with the fact that the bosses are incredibly challenging later in the game and it robs you of basically anything to do but throw yourself at the same brick wall that's been crushing your skull into paste for the last few days. It's an unfortunate side effect of Sekiro's best qualities, but unfortunate all the same.

    Despite that, I still love Sekiro for what it is. I love that it dares to be such a ruthless gauntlet in an age of incredibly accessible gaming and I adore that it puts everybody on equal ground (that is to say, puts everybody through the ringer). I'm not a hugely skilled gamer of any sort, anybody who has played an MMO with me can likely attest to that, but progressing through Sekiro makes me feel like a better gamer. Hell, after this ruthless onslaught, I might just BE a better gamer. Bravo From Software, bravo.

    Now, to grind the Corrupted Monk at Fountainhead Palace into paste. (if she doesn't grind me into paste 20 times first) Edit: Ground him into paste
    Last edited by Xev; Yesterday at 10:08 pm.

  7. Post
    Bt wrote:
    He obviously isn't from the amount of bitching he has done in this thread But yeah he simply doesn't understand the combat system which is quite obvious from his comments in this thread and he is exploiting game mechanics to fight bosses so I guess I am trying to point out that this is why he isn't satisfied with the game.

    Good to see no easy mode in those patch notes, it is evident that From and From's fans are both on the same level of understanding of their vision and work. Good stuff, keep it up and don't let the vocal minority impact your future decisions either.
    Since when am I not satisfy with the game? I completely and utterly understand the mechanics. You can literally spam l1 to deflect and you literally use r1 for attack spam, there is no deep mechanics here lol. It's not something that's deeply rooted like a deflect or parry system like in for Honor. Don't tell me dark souls has some huge mechanics either it is reliant on you rolling out of attacks. That's the mechanics.

    Bitching? You mean criticizing a games mechanics because it allows players to cheat the games play style? And that it's allowed in the first place doesn't seem to negate anybody's experience but an easier mode for casual players some how does???

  8. Post
    Xev wrote:
    Finally beat him tonight. Literally screamed when I landed that final deathblow. I was shaking from adrenaline and so, so, SO incredibly satisfied. Was happy to launch into a new area only to discover that the first thing you encounter is ANOTHER BOSS. F***. At least this one doesn't seem too tough...
    [/I]
    Owl is a walk in the park compared to fighting the final boss (both versions of him, although I found the Shura ending version harder I think)

  9. Post
    SlayerNZ wrote:
    Owl is a walk in the park compared to fighting the final boss (both versions of him, although I found the Shura ending version harder I think)
    Joyous. I look forward to it.

  10. Post
    Xev wrote:

    One of the best things about From Softwares titles is their incredible world building. In particular how they manage to link everything together in creative ways. Dark Souls will always be my gold standard for this, where there were literal zones on top of zones on top of other zones with intricate shortcuts and methods of transport for getting between them. I always absolutely adored this about Dark Souls and while Sekiro certainly doesn't do it as well (having a fast travel takes away from the necessity of this kind of intricate world building), the actual zones themselves are wonderfully designed, packed with secret paths and hidden items. Exploring them much like the exploration in a Dark Souls title is truly a wonderful experience.
    I totally agree with this. One of the things I loved the most about the other games was exploring and finding shortcuts. Was such a buzz knowing I could bypass a whole section once I found the shortcut.

  11. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    I totally agree with this. One of the things I loved the most about the other games was exploring and finding shortcuts. Was such a buzz knowing I could bypass a whole section once I found the shortcut.
    And even better was how cleverly the shortcut was implemented. Shit like the elevator at the back of Firelink that would take you straight up to the parish or the back entrance to Blightdown by the New Londo ruins entry. Areas you thought were miles away from Firelink are in fact right above or below it and now you have a cheeky shortcut that takes you right there.
    Last edited by Xev; Today at 8:06 am.