Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    I'm truly devastated that we lost someone that we all knew. Just under 10 years ago I had the pleasure of meeting Cr@zyArab at XLAN09 and we all had a great time. I will miss you man We will see each other again one day my friend.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uhpgfngg.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	364.7 KB 
ID:	225496

2. Post
    Went to the Vigel in the Basin with Tank and Zephyr tonight, had a few beers after and had a great catch up talking about old times and celebrating Atta's life.

Members of the CSNZ community are flying down tomorrow to support and show their respect. I would be going but i'm expecting our 3rd child any day now so need to stay home.
    It sucks that it took something like this for people to get together but let's be there for each other the way he would have done.

Name:	20190317_185356.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	916.2 KB 
ID:	225501Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190317_2007dd24.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	852.5 KB 
ID:	225500

3. Post
    Rip

4. Post
    Rip

5. Post
    Learned the news over Facebook . Player a few games of source with him back in the day. Very sad to hear this.

Rest easy brother ❤

6. Post
    Damn I was in artificial with him for a few months and met him at xLan, he was such a nice guy - so sad to hear he's leaving a wife and kid behind, RIP.

7. Post
    Absolute tragedy... I remember Cr@zyArab from Treshna days when there was really a great community around CS and no one cared about where you came from or what your background was.
    Praying for his family and friends left behind... RiP Atta.

8. Post
    Rip.

9. Post
    A very saddening and tragic loss of an absolute legend. Was fortunate to meet Atta at a few different CS events - a truely genuine and friendly human being. Rest in peace Cr@zyArab.

Much love to all close friends and family at this difficult time.

10. Post
    BW wrote:
    There is a gofundme page for Attas family if anyone wishes to donate
    https://www.gofundme.com/honouring-a...rting-families
    RIP, Atta truly was one of a kind, please consider donating to this people... He is leaving behind a young family. This is so sad, It's the least we can do for our friend.

11. Post
    Rip

12. Post
    I met Atta in my early teens through a mutual friend, and we both bonded over CS and was a good friend IRL.
    He changed my life for the better, looked out for me growing up and has always been someone I look up to and respect.

When I say he changed my life, he really did - Not only as a role model but my career as well. Atta recommended me to the company I have now been working with for over a decade, my dream job. Initially as a contractor, I brought my own PC into the office and it was Atta whom picked me up from home and drove us to work.

When I last saw Atta, he was telling me how much he loved life. That being a father was better than he could have ever imagined and how much he loved his family. He told me that one of the highlights of his day was going home to see his wife and daughter, hear about their day, and playing with Aya. He had a huge smile, and I was so happy for him.

Atta was one of the kindest, loving and generous people I have ever had the privilege of meeting.
    I will miss you bro, and keep you, your family and friends in my prayers.

Stuff has written a great article about Atta: https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/footba...e-atta-elayyan
    There is also a givealittle page for his wife and daughter: https://givealittle.co.nz/cause/help...layyans-family

13. Post
    Atta (Cr@zyArab) at BattleLink cafe.

Name:	Cr@zyArab.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	192.6 KB 
ID:	225512

14. Post
    Oh what the ****, that was him? I remember him from way back.

RIP; so sad to hear. Gone way too soon.

15. Post
    RIP - thoughts also go out to his family & former clanmates.

16. Post
    Rest in peace Atta, a true testament to your solid gold character that everyone has nothing but the great memories of you. I only met you a couple of times but I still remember you and your CS steez vividly. Truly one of the friendliest people you could ever know. Being stolen from your young family like this is massively unjust and tragic.

Gone far too soon!

17. Post
    RIP Atta, a true & very nice bloke, played with & against him along time ago, will miss seeing that Cr@zyArab stylez

18. Post
    oh wow, I had no idea - amazing how much closer to home it is after this - i guess thats the depersonalisation of the modern world, sadly.

Definitely a familiar name and face around these parts, played with him in scrims and games quite a lot way back when. Always seemed like a good guy.

RIP.

19. Post
    For those of you wishing to donate to Atta's remaining family.
    They're doing it tough right now.

https://givealittle.co.nz/cause/help...layyans-family

20. Post
    ****, never met the dude IRL, but played with him heaps online.

RIP in peace.

21. Post
    Rip.

22. Post
    RIP, I use to watch that YouTube clip on repeat in 2007

23. Post
    RIP very bummed to see in my news feed someone from the old NZ CS:S scene was a victim

24. Post
    I have not posted on this forum in years. But Cr@zyarab is a legend. Rest in piece, gone far to soon.
    Last edited by Ryudo; Today at 2:04 am.