1. Post

Portugal

I've been offered a job at a company in Lisbin. Anyone ever been? How much would I need to earn to live like a king amongst the people?

2. Post
    Can't help, but it always freaked me out that the lead singer of "feel it still" is man.

I'd go if I were you.

3. Post
    I went to Portugal 3 years ago when I was living in Sweden. It's awesome mate, I was staying on the Algarve coast, compared to NZ, you'd be looking at about 70% less in terms of cost of living. I don't recall seeing any hot stunners on the nude beaches, just fat tanned woman and men. I didn't travel to the capital city though, so perhaps they hot ones live there like in most countries.

Live a little, go, have fun, enjoy life mate. If I were given the opportunity and had nothing holding me back i'd go for it.

4. Post
    Ha only thing holding me back is a successful career paying me about twice as much

It's likely I will accept at this stage.

5. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    Ha only thing holding me back is a successful career paying me about twice as much

It's likely I will accept at this stage.
    And what use is that money once your dead? Go out and get some life experiences bro, you will be glad you did it.

6. Post
    Portugal is an amazing country, incredibly beautiful, and cheap if you are earning UK or non portuguese wages, does the money stack up?

7. Post
    I'll be earning just over 70,000 euro as base salary. Hard to tell the type of lifestyle I could live on that income.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

8. Post
    You'll live like a king on 70k euros in Portugal, thats way in excess the average salary, congrats!

9. Post
    70k sounds like plenty.

How many people there speak English?

10. Post
    Apparently just about everyone. The company is mostly American so will be zero issue at the office.

I've pretty much accepted now though.

11. Post
    Whens your apartment go on the market (are you renting?). Starting to look around at the moment, the lease we signed when we got back to NZ is up next month so want something bigger. Theres shit all in that 800-900/week region with 3 bedroom or 2+office. They all want like 1300/week rofl :|

12. Post
    Portugal's amazing - one of the underrated countries of Europe. Was in Lisboa and Porto about 4 years ago and had a blast - both completely different cities.

13. Post
    I kept getting offered drugs in Lisbon if that means anything...

14. Post
    brand wrote:
    I kept getting offered drugs in Lisbon if that means anything...
    It does. Google tells me it's a lot more relaxed than the likes of Amsterdam when it comes to personal drug use.

Drugs are bad though mmkay.

15. Post
    I think they decriminalized every drug so you don't get thrown in jail for possession but you still can't buy heroin at the dairy.

16. Post
    Yeah that sounds about right, looks like I leave in 6 weeks. Excited.

17. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    I think they decriminalized every drug so you don't get thrown in jail for possession but you still can't buy heroin at the dairy.
    Yeah they went full libertarian "you're an adult you can make your own choices"

18. Post
    Travelled Portugal end of last summer, personally preferred Porto over Lisbon however both are very different. Everyone speaks some english. Good times down on the south west coast, Arrifana etc. Lagos is fun for a night out. Super cheap all over. Park and Sky are some trendy rooftop bars in Lisbon.

19. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    Yeah that sounds about right, looks like I leave in 6 weeks. Excited.

Are you going by yourself?

That would freak me out a bit, I'm not charming enough to engineer a whole new social life from scratch.

20. Post
    Turn your Tapatalk signature off you rube.

21. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    Turn your Tapatalk signature off you rube.
    New phone, who dis?