1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    well yea. You know despite what theyve said regarding titanfall 3 supposedly not being in development im not sure I buy it. Apparently Apex is supposed to be a sort of hype marketing machine for it. I reckon theyre saving titanfall 3 for next-gen. Apex Legends is just there to cover the extra long gap as well probably be waiting an extra couple of years for TF3. Ether that or Titanfall 3 is happening but its not actually called Titanfall 3 it will be Titanfall: (insert subtitle here) so they can say well technically its not titanfall 3. And that will be the premium game thats coming out this year. They probably figure numbering their sequels isn't helping sales.

3. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    well yea. You know despite what theyve said regarding titanfall 3 supposedly not being in development im not sure I buy it. Apparently Apex is supposed to be a sort of hype marketing machine for it. I reckon theyre saving titanfall 3 for next-gen. Apex Legends is just there to cover the extra long gap as well probably be waiting an extra couple of years for TF3. Ether that or Titanfall 3 is happening but its not actually called Titanfall 3 it will be Titanfall: (insert subtitle here) so they can say well technically its not titanfall 3. And that will be the premium game thats coming out this year. They probably figure numbering their sequels isn't helping sales.
    I can't find and verification about this being a marketing tool. Can you link to your source please? I dont follow many EA titles or Titanfall threads so I likely havn't been anywhere near any chatter about this.
    Last edited by ChrisB; 8th February 2019 at 1:11 am.

4. Post
    That feeling when your hype marketing machine is a stunningly successful game in its own right.

5. Post
    I still cannot see any evidence this is a "hype marketing machine". I see some assumptions but nothing substantive.

6. Post
    Apex is exactly what Titanfall needed - TF1 was amazing and TF2 was even better, however its release was terribly timed.

Neither of those games got the credit they deserved IMO - hopefully this launches the hype train for future releases