1. Post

Far Cry: New Dawn - Post-apocalyptic Far Cry 5 direct sequel

https://store.ubi.com/us/far-cry-new...tml?lang=en_US

Out on Feb 15th, this game is set 17 years after the "good" end of FC5.

This game introduces more lite-RPG elements, so enemies can out-level you and be bullet spongy if your weapons are lower level.

I'm a huge Ubi Far Cry fan but was going to give this a miss at launch, because I was neck deep in AC Origins. I've since finished the game and only have the The Curse of the Pharaohs DLC left to play, so I'm getting this at launch after all.

OT: When searching for an existing thread for this game one of the top hits was an ancient thread about a NZ white supremacy group. LMFAO, lulwut. I remember Sgt. Molloy as the moderator of GP's The Matrix film series sub-forum, turns out he was a neo-nazi? HAHAHA.

2. Post
    Will there be proper coop ?.

3. Post
    I think the devs went overboard with the colour pink.

4. Post
    Bore Cry: New Yawn

5. Post
    I just want to know how a nuclear holocaust caused pink and purpz to go everywhere...blows me away, man.

6. Post
    Any idea on length?

7. Post
    I don't really get why they're continuing the Far cry 5 story when that was one of the weakest of the games. I don't think I'll bother picking this up when it releases.

8. Post
    ChizzBo wrote:
    Bore Cry: New Yawn
    lol I agree for the most part, but I still get some fun out of these games so will get it eventually when there's a good sale.

9. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    I don't really get why they're continuing the Far cry 5 story when that was one of the weakest of the games.
    So that they can recycle a shitload of assets, including the game world.

10. Post
    I'm a bit weak for the Far Cry games. I caved in and got this for the One X. Should be a fun stint even if it's a bit shorter than the average Far Cry game.

11. Post
    Enjoying it so far.

12. Post
    I've been enjoying this too. If you liked Far Cry 5 you'll probably like this, much of the same.

The main major difference is the tiering of enemies and weapons. The main impact of that is if you want to stealth make sure you have weapons of the same tier, or greater, than the enemies you're facing.

13. Post
    Yea i will going stealth as per usual.

14. Post
    Tempted to get it as well i liked fc5 also. Anyone tried coop yet ? Is it the same as fc5 ?.

15. Post
    According to the back of the box, it's online only co op.

16. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    According to the back of the box, it's online only co op.
    I meant do you both share mission progress.

17. Post
    Enjoying it so far, got Horatio! Anyone on PC add me on Uplay username = defkeen

18. Post
    I recommend enabling Streamer Mode to disable the really shit rap music. It's Die Antwoord and a whole lot of mumble turds.

19. Post
    I don't mind the rap music. It sorta adds the charm to an otherwise quiet game. I also made one outpost a bit to hard. (you can reset them where the enemies are harder the 2nd time but you get more goodies)

20. Post
    I just shoot the radios