1. Post
    So the "fans" are review bombing the Steam versions of the previous games. ****ing genius! Seriously, gamers really are some of the most pathetic c*nts on the planet.

2. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    GOG Galaxy
    shirley there needs to be a praise geraldo beside the EA bad shortcut

lol review bombing, oh no I cant have all three games on one launcher reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

this is obv why epic store needs reviews

3. Post
    Ah, here's the salt.

4. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    So the "fans" are review bombing the Steam versions of the previous games. ****ing genius! Seriously, gamers really are some of the most pathetic c*nts on the planet.
    Yeah, should see the number of middle finger images in the comments on steam..pathetic, grow up you idiots.
    If i was Deep Silver or the Developer i'd just ignore them.

5. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    im mad at other people being mad
    y so mad tho

6. Post
    Guess it was fair all those times people bought games at brick and mortar only receive a code on a piece of paper and a disc with a Steam installer on it.

7. Post
    NaCh0 wrote:
    the epic store doesnt even have a search button lmao

3 billion in profit last year wasnt it? what a joke
    Just give them a chance! They need more time and money!

Weird move from the developers though.

8. Post
    Tencent owns 40% of Epic games, making them a huge shareholder in the company. Tencent also happens to be the biggest video game company on the planet. In other words, I'm confident that we're perfectly safe giving our information to a launcher that feeds user info to the Chinese government.
    It is developer and publisher friendly since it gives more of a cut to the devs (Epic's 12% vs Steam's 30% cut). Just ignore the fact that Valve said that it would lower its usual 30 percent take to 25 percent for any game's earnings beyond $10 million (including "game packages, DLC, in-game sales, and Community Marketplace game fees"). Or the fact that the platform fee reduces further to 20 percent for earnings that surpass $50 million. In other words, it would only be an 8% difference in profit (And Steam would outsell Epic anyway so it would end up as more profit for the devs and publishers). Just ignore all that.
    Exclusivity is the same as competition, obviously. Letting Metro Exodus sell in multiple stores would be terrible since Epic Games is obviously the superior breed. It would only humiliate everyone else. Steam has been a reliable, well populated, and established distribution platform for too long. Don’t you want to split up that obnoxiously large game library into separate launchers? Just download Epic Games Launcher, and you can play a whole 20+ games! WOW! Plus its got like… 4 exclusives or something. AND F0RTN1T3!@#$
    Epic Games launcher has amazing benefits to users. 80 million accounts were compromised due to a security “flaw” that allowed hackers to log into accounts without needing a password! This means you get FREE EXPOSURE ONLINE. Get ready to become rich and famous! If you don’t want the free exposure (But why?) just contact customer service. They will get back to you in a measly 5 months or so.
    Feature-wise, yes, Steam might have some (tiny) advantages. But it’s nothing important really. Epic Games Launcher is only missing a few things like cloud saves, user profiles, user reviews, friend activity, forums, mod distribution, groups, item trading, library sorting, account sharing, streaming to other devices, broadcasting, screenshot capture/sharing, controller support, user-created guides, wish lists, automatic refunds, achievements, anti-cheat support, 3rd party keys, etc.
    Other than that stuff, it’s pretty much Steam but better.
    You can’t play games offline on Epic Games Launcher! I mean, why would you want to anyway? It’s not like offline games are worth playing anyway unless you’re online. I’m confident Metro Exodus will be vastly more fun when you’re online vs offline.
    Their refund policy is EXACTLY like Steam. Except it’s not automatic, you have to go on a browser and go to their website, contact customer support, and wait 5 months. Oh, and they can refuse refunds even if you meet the criteria.

9. Post
    nice copy paste champ

10. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Tencent owns 40% of Epic games, making them a huge shareholder in the company. Tencent also happens to be the biggest video game company on the planet. In other words, I'm confident that we're perfectly safe giving our information to a launcher that feeds user info to the Chinese government.
    It is developer and publisher friendly since it gives more of a cut to the devs (Epic's 12% vs Steam's 30% cut). Just ignore the fact that Valve said that it would lower its usual 30 percent take to 25 percent for any game's earnings beyond $10 million (including "game packages, DLC, in-game sales, and Community Marketplace game fees"). Or the fact that the platform fee reduces further to 20 percent for earnings that surpass $50 million. In other words, it would only be an 8% difference in profit (And Steam would outsell Epic anyway so it would end up as more profit for the devs and publishers). Just ignore all that.
    Exclusivity is the same as competition, obviously. Letting Metro Exodus sell in multiple stores would be terrible since Epic Games is obviously the superior breed. It would only humiliate everyone else. Steam has been a reliable, well populated, and established distribution platform for too long. Don’t you want to split up that obnoxiously large game library into separate launchers? Just download Epic Games Launcher, and you can play a whole 20+ games! WOW! Plus its got like… 4 exclusives or something. AND F0RTN1T3!@#$
    Epic Games launcher has amazing benefits to users. 80 million accounts were compromised due to a security “flaw” that allowed hackers to log into accounts without needing a password! This means you get FREE EXPOSURE ONLINE. Get ready to become rich and famous! If you don’t want the free exposure (But why?) just contact customer service. They will get back to you in a measly 5 months or so.
    Feature-wise, yes, Steam might have some (tiny) advantages. But it’s nothing important really. Epic Games Launcher is only missing a few things like cloud saves, user profiles, user reviews, friend activity, forums, mod distribution, groups, item trading, library sorting, account sharing, streaming to other devices, broadcasting, screenshot capture/sharing, controller support, user-created guides, wish lists, automatic refunds, achievements, anti-cheat support, 3rd party keys, etc.
    Other than that stuff, it’s pretty much Steam but better.
    You can’t play games offline on Epic Games Launcher! I mean, why would you want to anyway? It’s not like offline games are worth playing anyway unless you’re online. I’m confident Metro Exodus will be vastly more fun when you’re online vs offline.
    Their refund policy is EXACTLY like Steam. Except it’s not automatic, you have to go on a browser and go to their website, contact customer support, and wait 5 months. Oh, and they can refuse refunds even if you meet the criteria.
    Trump would be proud of that WALL of text.

11. Post
    |icED-e@RtH| wrote:
    Trump would be proud of that WALL of text.
    Here's the original from Reddit, no so wall-y

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/co...s_better_than/

12. Post
    Did Grim low-key try to claim that wall of drivel as his own? I know orignal thought was not his strong suit but this is pretty ****ing low.

Now, I am not about to claim that Epic (or any company) has your privacy and well being in mind except for that which they could be liable for. But Epic is no different than any other large company. Those fingers being pointed at them sure as hell better be pointed at all the others as well.
    I am also not suggesting that the Epic Store is going to be better or even as good as Steam, but I think it deserves the chance to grow, develop, and improve. Give it until mid-year and see what has been done or at least announced. They too still need to compete. No amount of exclusives will keep the lights on if people don't use the service.
    Is it really too much to ask to let a new player find their footing before shitting all over their shoes?

13. Post
    Whoever did write it is ****ing shit at maths.

Anyway, I just saw this pop up.

14. Post
    well that sounds more reasonable from the devs , like anyone trying to sell something, you cannot attack the potential customers by saying things like i like to see you do what we do, well duh of course most cannot do what you do, if we did, we probably wont be buying from you right? Overall i am sad i am not getting this primarily because of Denuvo because i was looking forward to it. Ah well, hopefully in a years time i will grab it without Denuvo eventually.

15. Post
    lol threads like these on Reddit..
    https://www.reddit.com/r/metro_exodu...ur_playerbase/

16. Post
    Looks like they're charging us 65 USD for it

17. Post
    If anyone deserves the hate, it's EA. At least these guys have denounced the voice of the dev member. EA just twisted the knife into the consumer. But if the price has risen, then that would suck.

18. Post
    Pxndx wrote:
    If anyone deserves the hate, it's EA. At least these guys have denounced the voice of the dev member. EA just twisted the knife into the consumer. But if the price has risen, then that would suck.
    EA? What are you talking about?

19. Post
    Regarding titles that are getting shit on BFV, Fallout 76, Exodus etc. So yeah the drama of BFV.

20. Post
    GaR wrote:
    Whoever did write it is ****ing shit at maths.

Anyway, I just saw this pop up.
    This is extremely reasonable, make perfect sense and I very much like how they low key backed that dev (who was rightfully hurt by the review bombing, as any passionate creative person would be..I can relate) and still directed where critisism and vitriol should go, to the publisher/IP owners at Koch Media/Deep Silver.

4A are getting so much shit for this, and it's infuriating to me that people can't see that it's not their fault. This mob of dimwits think it's a brilliant idea to gang up, bully 4A and then mass destroy the goodwill their previous games built on Steam in some form of social ****ing kook justice.

Weak sauce shit by so many...again, makes me ashamed as a proud gamer :/

21. Post
    entitled gamers gonna be entitled

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

22. Post
    I like the idea of devs getting more $$$ out of game sales on Epic compared to Steam, but Epic Game's security is AIDS. Ever since I signed up, every day or two I get emails telling me someone is trying to login to either the Epic account itself, or the email account attached to it.

23. Post
    ChairmanDrew wrote:
    I like the idea of devs getting more $$$ out of game sales on Epic compared to Steam, but Epic Game's security is AIDS. Ever since I signed up, every day or two I get emails telling me someone is trying to login to either the Epic account itself, or the email account attached to it.
    That is concerning. I've not had that issue myself. Has anyone else here experienced this?

24. Post
    I also did about 6 months ago, even had them somehow break the 2fa. Which is why I'll be waiting for steam version.

25. Post
    ChairmanDrew wrote:
    I've had an account with Epic for ages, since the latest UT came out on it then when Fortnight hit it big, bam! multiple times a week I now get alerts on my Epic account and email account. Timing and combination could be a co-incidence but im thinking it not.