1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Here are my predictions for Anthem:
    1) There will be a bunch of technical issues very early on.
    2) Hardcore players will quickly run out of things to do.
    3) Everyone wondering will constantly bemoan about 3 or 4 quality of life issues that seem like they should have been obvious before launch, including at least one that is just fundamentally dumb.
    4) The loot system will be the subject of angry YouTube videos.
    5) An expansion will come out that addresses a few conplaints but also generates new ones.
    6) A bunch of people will keep playing through it all anyway.

Might copy and paste this somewhere so it's ready to to go for any new MMO shooters getting ready to come out.

3. Post
    Yes it seems as though:

But I wonder if it might be worth waiting a couple of months after launch till things are fixed and the game can be experienced at its best

is de rigeur for any new AAA release.

4. Post
    I've been told that the demo used a 6-week old build. A lot of the issues encountered won't (shouldn't?) be there at launch.

That said, other than heinous rubberbanding in my first mission, I had no other matchmaking problems.

My biggest concern is that there's no way of knowing how much content there'll be. There was 1 mission chain, 1 "raid" and 2 "open world" (hah) areas. If it launches with anything less than 10-20 times as much content it's going to be pretty boring.

I'm also slightly worried that it'll require buying a $20-$30 DLC every 6 months to keep up with people. I mean, it's EA. They're gonna screw people for every cent.

It's not worth US$60 to be, but if it gets thrown into a Humble monthly in 6 months like Destiny 2 did, I might take a look.

5. Post
    Played the Alpha and Beta. It just feels and looks like Destiny 2 but in mini-mechs nothing new here :-(

6. Post
    CardinalNZ wrote:
    Here are my predictions for Anthem:
    1) There will be a bunch of technical issues very early on.
    2) Hardcore players will quickly run out of things to do.
    3) Everyone wondering will constantly bemoan about 3 or 4 quality of life issues that seem like they should have been obvious before launch, including at least one that is just fundamentally dumb.
    4) The loot system will be the subject of angry YouTube videos.
    5) An expansion will come out that addresses a few conplaints but also generates new ones.
    6) A bunch of people will keep playing through it all anyway.

Might copy and paste this somewhere so it's ready to to go for any new MMO shooters getting ready to come out.

Absoultely correct. The lack of content is probably the biggest reason why this game will fail, before they will try fleece our cash with more DLCs.

7. Post
    DefinitelyMayb wrote:
    Absoultely correct. The lack of content is probably the biggest reason why this game will fail, before they will try fleece our cash with more DLCs.
    Pretty sure they've already stated that all DLC including story DLC will be free apart from some cosmetic items that can be bought using real money by people who can't wait or earned for free in the game by those who can.