1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Summed up this game pretty well.

3. Post
    As a long time fan of the series, I'd much rather they played it safe... lest we have another Assault Horizon. Stale or no, it's been 12 years since Ace Combat 6, the last GOOD mainline AC title and AC7 is exactly what long time series fans have been clamouring for all this time.

4. Post
    Must say I’m pretty excited to play it

The last ace combat I played was on ps1 so yeah...

The review doesn’t suggest anything is wrong with the game for now, maybe the low score reflects how existing fans of the series may feel
    But I for one hope it’s more of the same that I got to experience in ace combat 1
    There are t too many jet fighting games to compare it to anyway

5. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Must say I’m pretty excited to play it

The review doesn’t suggest anything is wrong with the game for now, maybe the low score reflects how existing fans of the series may feel
    But I for one hope it’s more of the same that I got to experience in ace combat 1
    Reviews in general are positive, GP's review is one of the few luke-warm reviews of the game. I'm waiting on the PC release so haven't had the chance to play it yet, but I've watched plenty of gameplay footage and it looks like the next step from AC6 with none of the Assault Horizon genes which as a long time fan of the series is exactly what I was hoping for.

Ignoring Assault Horizon, the games have been quite consistent over the years with only smaller additions to each mainline title as the series went on. The core draw of the games have always been their gameplay and that's something they've kept entirely in tact. If you play 7 and enjoy it, I'd encourage you to go back and play the earlier titles too. The PS2 titles were all absolutely fantastic, 5 being my personal favourite from the PS2 era but I love them all a ton. AC6 is often glossed over for being a 360 exclusive but is an excellent entry in the series nonetheless. Even the PSP titles were excellent for what they were. Just avoid anything with 'Assault Horizon' in the name. And don't get me started on Assault Horizon Legacy on the 3DS. I'm still incredibly bitter about how close that game came to greatness only to flush it down the toilet with the absolute most awful decision in the history of gaming.

6. Post
    Mostly the repetition that you're doing the same thing over and over again. And while you could say the same for most games involving guns - the feeling rears itself more in AC because of the nature of what you're doing (locking-on and firing). If you're an AC fan and all into that - then you'll be fine, but it wore me down after the first 5 missions. Hence the lower score I gave.

SirGrim wrote:
    Must say Iím pretty excited to play it

The review doesnít suggest anything is wrong with the game for now, maybe the low score reflects how existing fans of the series may feel
    But I for one hope itís more of the same that I got to experience in ace combat 1

7. Post
    Still remember flying into that giant Death Star-like thing in my fighter jet at the end of Shattered Skies and all its arty "WAR IS HELL" cutscenes and thinking "whaaaat the hell is going on in this game, ah Japan".

8. Post
    Hi, I also would recomend this articale - https://wikipedia.org/wiki/Ace_Combat_7:_Skies_Unknown