Metro Exodus

Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
(7 votes)

1. Post
    Question for those who played: is the simplest mode simple enough for beginners in gaming? Wanna buy, but afraid I'll not be able to play it and don't want to spend money in that case, as I dont have much.

2. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    The distinction between Survival and Spartan is primarily related to the availability of resources (ammo, med kits, filters). It's not really about stealth or run and gun - you can do either in either mode (although arguably is "easier" to run and gun in Spartan owing to the resources issue ). What is Survival in Redux is more what the original Metro 2033 was like. Having said that, the game engine/mechanic is not (that is the one used in the original Metro Last Light).
    Absolutely loving Survival Hardcore, so tense and I love scavenging around for ammo and mask cans.

Reminds me a LOT of TLoU on Survival difficulty, the atmosphere is so grim and lush...love it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3. Post
    IST wrote:
    Absolutely loving Survival Hardcore, so tense and I love scavenging around for ammo and mask cans.

Reminds me a LOT of TLoU on Survival difficulty, the atmosphere is so grim and lush...love it.

Good to hear, it's how it should be played tbh.

4. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Good to hear, it's how it should be played tbh.
    The tension mechanic of the mask filters....genius.

5. Post
    PC Performance data is very interesting - Metro supports both RTX Ray Tracing and DLSS

Some quick tidbits

* DX11 vs DX12 - DX12 is faster, use DX12

Want to see what Ray Traced global illumination looks like?

OFF

ON

WOW!

And now performance

6. Post
    Not bad actually. Obviously still a huge hit but it is first gen technology. Tessellation was the same in first gen.

7. Post
    SirGrim wrote:

that screenshot looks like a game from 2014.

8. Post
    Pxndx wrote:
    that screenshot looks like a game from 2014.
    I think you need you eyes fixed in that case, or you have some of the best rose-tinted glasses on the market.

9. Post
    ...or just that the screenshot looks like it's from a dated game.

10. Post
    Pxndx wrote:
    The game is gorgeous, one of the best looking I've played, and I don't even have an RTX capable video card.
    Last edited by ChrisB; 14th February 2019 at 11:02 pm.

11. Post
    is Denuvo on the title @chrisB ?

12. Post
    Yes it does use denuvo

13. Post
    Waiting forever to get the epic password reset email. Then it arrives and it says the reset code is no longer valid...

14. Post
    After 20 hours of Metro 2033 and soon to be heading to the sequel, playing it in survival hardcore mode and loving every second (like seriously, survival narrative games I think are my definite fave genre), I'm seriously hyped for Last Light then Exodus.

Watching some of the reviews, and knowing the jank and oddities that are seemingly donking the game from a 9-9.5 title to a 8-8.5 title, I couldn't be more excited. If I went in expecting gunplay that feels Far Cry or Destiny good, I would be dissappointed for sure (gunplay, weirdly, is a weak point in this shooter series I think lol), but it doesn't really matter...it's the scavenging for ammo and filters, it's the tense atmosphere as you try and stealth a level and it's the constant oppressive feeling of dread you have, with an ounce of hope, that makes me love playing Metro.

So many nice touches and little bits of details everywhere: janky systems and odd gunplay be damned: I think I've found something special here with the Metro series.

15. Post
    IST wrote:
    After 20 hours of Metro 2033 and soon to be heading to the sequel, playing it in survival hardcore mode and loving every second (like seriously, survival narrative games I think are my definite fave genre), I'm seriously hyped for Last Light then Exodus.

Watching some of the reviews, and knowing the jank and oddities that are seemingly donking the game from a 9-9.5 title to a 8-8.5 title, I couldn't be more excited. If I went in expecting gunplay that feels Far Cry or Destiny good, I would be dissappointed for sure (gunplay, weirdly, is a weak point in this shooter series I think lol), but it doesn't really matter...it's the scavenging for ammo and filters, it's the tense atmosphere as you try and stealth a level and it's the constant oppressive feeling of dread you have, with an ounce of hope, that makes me love playing Metro.

So many nice touches and little bits of details everywhere: janky systems and odd gunplay be damned: I think I've found something special here with the Metro series.
    You should give the STALKER series a go if you haven't.

Cheekibreeki

16. Post
    Pxndx wrote:
    You should give the STALKER series a go if you haven't.

Cheekibreeki
    Definites: how's it hold up?

17. Post
    IST wrote:

Last Light kicks ass man, get amongst!

18. Post
    IST wrote:

older game, openish world, rpg elements and spookier than Metro imo, the underground labs and creatures and sound. It's probably has the best atmosphere in any game I've played. Theres a buggyness that adds to the world with some unpredictable and unscripted weird things that go on.

I still love it and would easily play through it again in 2019.

19. Post
    IST wrote:
    STALKER is better than 100% of PS4's game library. Not Clear Sky though.

20. Post
    Stalker needs a fair bit of modding to make it hold up. Vanilla is shit house.

21. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    I enjoyed clear sky. Vanilla is still good, but there are some mods that def make the game awesome and make the atmosphere pop even more.

22. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Stalker needs a fair bit of modding to make it hold up. Vanilla is shit house.
    Clear Sky, yes. Shadow of Chernobyl is fantastic game, only really needing a minimal bug fix unofficial patch. The popular "Complete 2009" mod makes the game easier by doing stuff like increasing carry weight.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 17th February 2019 at 1:12 am.

23. Post
    Pxndx wrote:
    Digital Foundry says its the best looking game on PC right now
    They go as far as to say it’s next gen level graphics and they praise the shit out of rayvtracing - rayvtracing discussion with excellent ON/OFF examples starts at 12 minutes in

24. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    lol, confirmed you're crazy.

25. Post
    If anyone's interested Metro 2033 redux is included with the xbox one release. So 2 games for the price of one I might pick this up soon.