Metro Exodus

Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
(7 votes)

1. Post
    Yes it is. So just stop. The competition is between the stores. If you're going to attempt to invent a new reality we can just end this now.

2. Post
    If it were a competition between stores it would really be no competition at all.

3. Post
    I'm still over here wondering what all the rawkus is about...do people care that deep about Steam achievements or something?, I say good on them for it.. if for nothing else than a good old Steam rev up.

We have so many launchers now for other games (Origin/Uplay/GOG/Beth/Epic/Bliz), the platform is still the same (PC), I just don't get this uber salty sad fest eh.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4. Post
    IST wrote:
    I'm still over here wondering what all the rawkus is about...do people care that deep about Steam achievements or something?, I say good on them for it.. if for nothing else than a good old Steam rev up.

We have so many launchers now for other games (Origin/Uplay/GOG/Beth/Epic/Bliz), the platform is still the same (PC), I just don't get this uber salty sad fest eh.

Yeah I'm with you who gives a **** lol. What's the big deal about having to click on an different icon to open another launcher & click the game you want to play? IDGAF about launchers I just want to get the best deal possible.

5. Post
    I think it's because most people don't like change. It's kinda funny of other people review bombing the other 2 games just because they aren't getting what they wanted.

6. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    I think it's because most people don't like change. It's kinda funny of other people review bombing the other 2 games just because they aren't getting what they wanted.
    Yeah, gamers really are trash. They also seem to not understand some fairly basic market concepts like HellToupe in this chat.

7. Post
    IST wrote:

I think it may be because all the advertising until a few days ago said steam, including physical preorders (not sure why this is even a thing) which will now ship with an epic code. I'm not against exclusives, they can make a platform worth having, but I am against making something exclusive at the last moment. It was timed to undermine other stores (steam, humble bundle, fanatical etc), and that kind of nonsense should not be welcomed without harsh comment.

Epic should grow their store by making their launcher more attractive and by investing in the development of games people want to play, not by undermining other stores. They have to convince people that they need yet another launcher, another account, another company with their billing information.

8. Post
    No, just no. You're ignoring the fact that Steam is massive and literally nothing Epic can do to their store is likely to affect much until people start seeing it as viable alternative. Taking thing away from Valve is a smart and likely much needed move.
    Your reasoning is like telling someone opening a new burger joint that they can compete with McDonald's by have a prettier building or even cheaper burgers. Neither will have much of an impact because McDonalds and Steam have habitual users who will automatically default to these stores.
    The notion that Epic needs to invest in other developers is also asinine. We're talking about a store. Please show me all the investments Valve is making to get more developers on their store.

9. Post
    Do you guys think games on the Epic store will be cheaper considering they're taking less of a cut on games sales than Steam?

10. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Do you guys think games on the Epic store will be cheaper considering they're taking less of a cut on games sales than Steam?
    metro is cheaper than steam was (in some regions) and they directly said that was why

11. Post
    yeahboiwahoo wrote:
    metro is cheaper than steam was (in some regions) and they directly said that was why
    How much does it cost in NZD?

12. Post
    Competition is good, Steam has had the reigns too long and I'm going to blame their success on no HL3 so go Epic I say lol

13. Post
    I am all for competition, as long as all these propietary content delivery ecosysems arent just dreadful shit, what is this epic one like? cause im still cautiously uncertain after being bitten so many times from the likes of Origin, and waay back when Games for Windows live graced us with its horrendousness

14. Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yDWOJwB.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	411.3 KB 
ID:	224927

still Steam is ahead of everyone by virtue of being the longest and biggest, we should know if Epic really will give us consumers a better deal not just on pricing hopefully later down the year

i personally do not like exclusives. But it is ok, i am not rushing to buy a Denuvo game at this point anyway

15. Post
    What is "account security protection" and "two factor authentication" in this context?

Origin has two factor authentication

this just looks like someone got a steam feature list and went hurr durr it has the most

idgaf about 90% of them

16. Post
    yeah the post is not complete, i think the poster on imgur will update. My main issue is the Offline play and the user reviews.

17. Post
    I liked this chart

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0o9umr80lud21.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	224929

18. Post
    (Unconfirmed) 4A Games developer: If Metro Exodus does not sell on the PC, the next Metro will not come out for it

This 4A Games developer with the nickname “scynet” admitted that it was a sudden decision to announce the timed-exclusive deal with Epic Games only one month prior to the game’s release and that it could cause some inconvenience to players. Scynet also claimed that those that decide to pirate the game would have done so, regardless of this timed-exclusive deal, and those are not the players that the developers target.

However, the developer went one step further and stated that if all PC gamers boycott Metro Exodus then the next Metro game (if there is one mind you) will not come out on the PC. Now I’m pretty sure that the developer was exaggerating here but it begs the question; how many PC sales can guarantee the continuation of the Metro franchise on the PC?
    https://www.resetera.com/threads/unc...-for-it.97283/

19. Post
    Haha what is this 2013 again

20. Post
    Eh I thought Steam was dumb when it first released with 1.6. But now I love it. I don't care about another launcher, it's not like they eat up enough memory to care about.

21. Post
    Epic have a lot of money these days due to Fortnite, it is not surprising they want their own store. Obviously they need some well known exclusives to get people to use their store so I'd expect another game or two to be exclusive with them.

The fragmentation of the market is a bit annoying but totally understandable. Steam had a near monopoly at one point, that was never in anyones interest. And really, with mordern pcs who cares if you need to install a few more programs. Hardly a big deal. Before Steam was a thing each game had their own damn launcher anyway.

22. Post
    We'll take that message from the 'developer' with a huge grain of salt.

23. Post
    I just find this all kind of ironic, since there was such a hullabaloo when Steam started, people were up in arms, and now it's threatened a bit and it's another pitchfork fest complete with review bombs for 4A.

....4A didn't seem to like that review bomb bit, defo salty on their behalf and fair enough: ****ing gamers man...trash ****s is right.

Review bombing 2 (I haven't played them but am about to) seemingly amazing games that people worked really hard on is so shit and juvenile...makes me cringe and feel shame as a proud gamer.

24. Post
    Colinnola wrote:
    How much does it cost in NZD?
    The "standard edition" was $73.99NZ on Steam; now it's $65US (~$94.30NZ) on the Epic store.

25. Post
    I just reinstalled Metro 2033.. I don't know if I can finish it, I don't enjoy the sound and the sensitivity feels a bit odd.
    I really like the setting but it doesn't do much for me. I've played STALKER a shit ton, but this doesn't do anything for me. I hope Exodus is different.