ATLAS - Ark with pirates, monsters, and a lot of baggage.

Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
(9 votes)
Results 26 to 50 of 84

  1. Post
    #26
    Fallout 76 does seem to be still be in early acces, although at a later stage, not quite ready for beta yet

  2. Post
    #27
    Yeah they are both quite obviously still in development lol.

  3. Post
    #28
    SirGrim wrote:
    Fallout 76 does seem to be still be in early acces, although at a later stage, not quite ready for beta yet
    The key difference is that Bethesda claim Fallout 76 a AAA full release. It's an important distinction. But I've covered this more than once already. 76 is more like an Early Access game than an actual retail release. Which is part of the reason why my review of 76 was so scathing.

  4. Post
    #29
    ChrisB wrote:
    I am just saying that complaining about a game being buggy, unfinished, and/or unpolished in Early Access is actually stupid.
    I also don't think anyone should spend any money or time on the game, but that is because I think paying for Early Access is a terrible idea and gives the consumer the worst possible experience.
    Well that's gonna happen when you're kinda shoving free keys in front of the most popular streams on Twitch and asking them to wait in queue with their viewers, also people aren't gonna buy the game once it's actually done because of this. First impressions and all that.

  5. Post
    #30
    Well it looks like shit and it shouldn't have a price tag on it in its current state. Anyone who buys early access and acts surprised when they get a broken, incomplete game needs to seriously reconsider their life choices, but this is dogshit even so.

    I'm with ChrisB on this. People who are arguing with him in here clearly didn't bother to read the first post.

  6. Post
    #31
    GaR wrote:
    Well it looks like shit and it shouldn't have a price tag on it in its current state. Anyone who buys early access and acts surprised when they get a broken, incomplete game needs to seriously reconsider their life choices, but this is dogshit even so.

    I'm with ChrisB on this. People who are arguing with him in here clearly didn't bother to read the first post.
    Is anyone doing that here though?

    Has anyone even played it?

  7. Post
    #32
    The problem with many early access games is that the store page has no indication of what the current state of the game is. Anyone watching the trailer, looking at the screenshots or reading the description of Atlas can rightly be disappointed by the current realty of it. Where is the opportunity to make an informed decision in regards to purchasing?

  8. Post
    #33
    Colinnola wrote:
    The problem with many early access games is that the store page has no indication of what the current state of the game is. Anyone watching the trailer, looking at the screenshots or reading the description of Atlas can rightly be disappointed by the current realty of it. Where is the opportunity to make an informed decision in regards to purchasing?
    This is another example of the issue.
    There are multiple disclaimers about what the game is. Every Early Access title has these. It is also in every description of every Early Access game. There are also discussions for every game in Steam as well. There is no excuse for being disappointed. Early Access is Early Access. Ignoring that is the consumers fault.

  9. Post
    #34
    Maybe there should've been an Early Access trailer that's more realistic to the current state of the game.

  10. Post
    #35
    Or people could take ownership of their decisions.
    If people ignore the sign-posting that's their fault.

  11. Post
    #36
    Or they could just correctly advertise their game.

  12. Post
    #37
    They did.

  13. Post
    #38
    Lol they didn't even get the launch date correct. In fact it was wrong several times.

    I do enjoy the time and passion you put into defending incompetent developers though.

  14. Post
    #39
    I was mildly interested in ATLAS, now....it seems I'll just wait on that thought lol.

    Early Access vibes never go well for me, I get burned then don't give the game a second chance once those burn factors are fixed: I'm better off waiting for the best version of it

  15. Post
    #40
    CODChimera wrote:
    Is anyone doing that here though?

    Has anyone even played it?
    Yep, anyone is. For example:
    CODChimera wrote:
    Or they could just correctly advertise their game.
    It was advertised as being early access. It's not unusual for trailers to look better than the finished product. What kind of stupid do you have to be to expect an early access game to look like that trailer?

  16. Post
    #41
    CODChimera wrote:
    Lol they didn't even get the launch date correct. In fact it was wrong several times.

    I do enjoy the time and passion you put into defending incompetent developers though.
    It's extremely disingenuous to characterise his posts as defending the developer. He's been very critical of them.

  17. Post
    #42
    GaR wrote:
    Yep, anyone is. For examplet was advertised as being early access. It's not unusual for trailers to look better than the finished product. What kind of stupid do you have to be to expect an early access game to look like that trailer?
    Except it's not even close to the trailer and by all accounts a shell of a game. Even by early access standards it's bad. You even said yourself it shouldn't have a price tag.

    And not sure why you think I brought the game because I didn't...

    IST wrote:
    I was mildly interested in ATLAS, now....it seems I'll just wait on that thought lol.

    Early Access vibes never go well for me, I get burned then don't give the game a second chance once those burn factors are fixed: I'm better off waiting for the best version of it
    Some have been great like Subnautica.
    Last edited by CODChimera; 28th December 2018 at 4:08 pm.

  18. Post
    #43
    CODChimera wrote:
    Except it's not even close to the trailer and by all accounts a shell of a game. Even by early access standards it's bad. You even said yourself it shouldn't have a price tag.

    And not sure why you think I brought the game because I didn't...



    Some have been great like Subnautica.
    I never said you bought it. I guess it's not just ChrisB's posts you're not bothering to read.

  19. Post
    #44
    GaR wrote:
    Well it looks like shit and it shouldn't have a price tag on it in its current state. Anyone who buys early access and acts surprised when they get a broken, incomplete game needs to seriously reconsider their life choices, but this is dogshit even so.

    I'm with ChrisB on this. People who are arguing with him in here clearly didn't bother to read the first post.
    CODChimera wrote:
    Is anyone doing that here though?

    Has anyone even played it?
    GaR wrote:
    Yep, anyone is. For example:
    ???????????????????????

    Aren't you supposed to be one of the smart ones around here? (GP... I assume you're new to GD or you'd be a little bit more aware of how ChrisB operates and how he's done the exact same thing for BF, Diablo and HoTS just off the top of my head)

  20. Post
    #45
    By operates, you obviously mean I use common sense and rationality and not gamer rage to base my opinions on. You're welcome to disagree with but if you try to paint me as some zealot who blindly defends game developers we're going to have a problem. Especially when its very easy to prove that it is not the case.
    The difference between you an me. My opinions are informed. Yours seems to be emotional and not based on reality. Go back and read my comments on Diablo Immortal. Some goes for anything else. I use rationality as the basis of my argument, whereas some use how it makes them feel as the basis. Blind and baseless gamer rage is bullshit and needs to be put in its place.

    Just because you don't like something it doesn't mean the other party did anything wrong. I am sure that's a statement you can understand.

    Every opinion I have is strictly case by case. If a developer does something shitty I will call them out on it. If a gamer does something shitty I will call them out on it too. I have no loyalty one way or the other. The only thing I care about is the truth without all the bullshit that seems to get piled on.
    Last edited by ChrisB; 28th December 2018 at 9:14 pm.

  21. Post
    #46
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    A friendly reminder that Studio Wildcard released paid DLC while Ark was still in Early Access.
    Scummy company 100%

  22. Post
    #47
    ludez wrote:
    Scummy company 100%
    100% scum move no doubt. I have little faith in these guys to make a good or well polished game. Still doesn't make all the bullshit about the quality of the Early Access any less bullshit.
    Selling DLC for any unfinished game is jaw-droppingly tone-deaf at best. Outright exploitative at worst.
    But just because they did this stupid/shitty/misguided thing doesn't make everything they do those things.

    I will be following ATLAS, not because I care about the game but because I wonder if they can learn from ARK and make a polished game that deserves some gamer love. I know ARK has a loyal fan base, but to me its a dogs breakfast. And apparently the Switch port is literally the worst port on the system with appalling graphics and even worse performance.

  23. Post
    #48
    ChrisB wrote:
    By operates, you obviously mean I use common sense and rationality and not gamer rage to base my opinions on. You're welcome to disagree with but if you try to paint me as some zealot who blindly defends game developers we're going to have a problem. Especially when its very easy to prove that it is not the case.
    The difference between you an me. My opinions are informed. Yours seems to be emotional and not based on reality. Go back and read my comments on Diablo Immortal. Some goes for anything else. I use rationality as the basis of my argument, whereas some use how it makes them feel as the basis. Blind and baseless gamer rage is bullshit and needs to be put in its place.

    Just because you don't like something it doesn't mean the other party did anything wrong. I am sure that's a statement you can understand.

    Every opinion I have is strictly case by case. If a developer does something shitty I will call them out on it. If a gamer does something shitty I will call them out on it too. I have no loyalty one way or the other. The only thing I care about is the truth without all the bullshit that seems to get piled on.
    Not your best post, gamer rage seriously?

    I do get the point you're trying to make, it would just be a lot more effective if the people you were talking to had you know actually brought the game. Well maybe SirGrim brought it idk.

  24. Post
    #49
    CODChimera wrote:
    ???????????????????????

    Aren't you supposed to be one of the smart ones around here? (GP... I assume you're new to GD or you'd be a little bit more aware of how ChrisB operates and how he's done the exact same thing for BF, Diablo and HoTS just off the top of my head)
    His is a nuanced look at the situation. He's not doing what you're accusing him of. You're the one who's shitposting, and I strongly suggest you address the posts at hand rather than nursing old grudges.

  25. Post
    #50
    Thanks GaR! Its nice to see someone who gets what I am talking about.
    CODChimera wrote:
    Not your best post, gamer rage seriously?
    Maybe this is where the confusion lies? I am not claiming anyone here did this. I am referring to the online rage and massive review bombing that has happened. I am commenting on the the situation not any specific person. Was that not clear? I thought the original post made that clear.
    CODChimera wrote:
    I do get the point you're trying to make, it would just be a lot more effective if the people you were talking to had you know actually brought the game. Well maybe SirGrim brought it idk.
    As above, why would there need to be a single person in here who purchased it? The fallout is all over the internet and there have been uninformed comments in here defending the outrage and a couple fueling it (in the ARK thread) which is why I started this thread. I thought it an important topic that needed to be framed in the correct context.