ThermalTake Core V21
2 10.00%
Corsair 280X RGB
7 35.00%
Other - Post below
7 35.00%
  1. Post
    Markuchi wrote:
    Nothing special, 2700x and RTX2080 all air cooling.
    Hmm. I had to chuck in fans in the bottom and top to get lower temps with my 9900k and 2080ti.

2. Post
    PlatinuM195 wrote:
    How about mini-ITX?
    So-so......

3. Post
    alexvdl wrote:
    This would be my pick: https://www.computerlounge.co.nz/com...p?partid=28375

Thermaltake cases are nice and all, but the steel construction looks and feels crude in comparison to a high-end Lian Li case.
    Think I found my new build case. How is this for cable management and custom WC loops? Enough room to work in?

4. Post
    Who says you need a new case and new components to get RGB

Name:  clytsoto01c21.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  128.5 KB

5. Post
    oceanlyner wrote:
    Hmm. I had to chuck in fans in the bottom and top to get lower temps with my 9900k and 2080ti.
    I have the same case, cpu and a 2080 like Markuchi. Except I'm using a corsair 100i pro where the radiator covers two of the three fans. I've never had to take the fans off silent running mode yet even in 30c weather.

Your 9900k aka the heater is probably the biggest problem.

6. Post
    griefmaker wrote:
    I have the same case, cpu and a 2080 like Markuchi. Except I'm using a corsair 100i pro where the radiator covers two of the three fans. I've never had to take the fans off silent running mode yet even in 30c weather.

Your 9900k aka the heater is probably the biggest problem.
    I just got the Noctua C14S to replace the stock cooler and its so much quieter/basically silent. The stock cooler has this whine going up and down constantly even after changing voltage and fan profiles.
    Never again with the stock amd cooler just too loud.

7. Post
    Have never had that problem with either of my stock AMD coolers (1600 and 2700X). I'd blame fan curves in BIOS. Unless of course you sit with your case next to your screen, in which case I guess any fan noise is going to be annoying. Even then, i'd only hear it when stress testing.

8. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    Have never had that problem with either of my stock AMD coolers (1600 and 2700X). I'd blame fan curves in BIOS. Unless of course you sit with your case next to your screen, in which case I guess any fan noise is going to be annoying.
    I played with fan curves in bios but nothing would get it to a good level. Im very picky with noise though and knew stock would probably not be good enough.

9. Post
    Anyone have any idea when the newly released Meshify S2 is going to be available in NZ?

10. Post
    I had the 280x. Sold it yesterday because the stock fans are crap and airflow is HORRIBLE. Switched to a Fractal Meshify C mini and a suite of Be Quiet Silent Wings 3 fans and noticed a world of difference.

280x build quality is very good though and the glass is SEXY.

11. Post
    I’m weary of the cases with more glass than just a side panel because then the glass takes up the space where fans venting in/out would be
    That doesn’t mean there aren’t ways around it, the glass can be raised/look like an exoskeleton to the case but imo that makes it look ugly

Some cases also take the approach of being super thick, splitting the case into two sections, a rear/side that's hidden with vents and mounts for radiators and an all glass front - the best way to get cooling with this design is to run a loop/aio where the radiator is in that hidden section where it can vent straight out of the case and not just air blowing around inside the sealed glass section

External radiators are also becoming rather popular now - you just create a loop on your components with tubing going out the hidden section of the case to a very large radiator and fans - the benefit of this approach is you have no noise inside your case and you can hide the radiator away, also it looks clean inside your case because there is no radiator taking up space
    Last edited by SirGrim; 29th January 2019 at 7:48 am.