The Outer Worlds gameplay looks amazing

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Oh Dan I feels ya! This is the only game I think I need in 2019.
    Still won't pre-order, but I am keen as hell to give it go.
    Obsidian are the last of the the old guard of western RPG kings.
    All others have long since flitted away, been closed, or become a shadow of their former selves. Obsidian remains and thankfully has Larian and CDPR (and a few more) to keep it company now that BioWare has been infiltrated by the darkness within and become biowEAr

3. Post
    I often think back to Troika Games, I wish they had gotten more traction with Bloodlines and Arcanum - I really enjoyed those games.

Now with some of their talent at Obsidian I'm pretty interested to see what comes next, I hope they get the success they need to fund future projects etc.

4. Post
    Monolith wrote:
    I often think back to Troika Games, I wish they had gotten more traction with Bloodlines and Arcanum - I really enjoyed those games.

Now with some of their talent at Obsidian I'm pretty interested to see what comes next, I hope they get the success they need to fund future projects etc.
    They don't need funds. Microsoft purchased them a few weeks ago. Apparently they've been handed an open wallet filled with signed blank cheques. Very interested to see what's next for the team.

5. Post
    I just feel cautious with so many company acquisitions seeming to crush the developer when product doesn't perform to corporate's expectations, PTSD from EA I guess - will try to keep an open mind.

6. Post
    Oh I hear you!
    I am hoping that MS has learned from past mistakes. They need a stable of creative studios working on high quality and creative projects.
    I think they've seen what's happened this generation and its demonstrated exactly what needs to happen moving forward. Multiple big ticket games across multiple genres that cater to core gamers. As well as all the indie and smaller projects they're already supporting.
    Only time will tell, but I think they've started off in the right direction assuming the rumours are true that is.

7. Post
    Will it be ms exclusive?

8. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Will it be ms exclusive?
    Nope! Coming to PC, PS4 & XB1

9. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Oh Dan I feels ya! This is the only game I think I need in 2019.
    Still won't pre-order, but I am keen as hell to give it go.
    Obsidian are the last of the the old guard of western RPG kings.
    All others have long since flitted away, been closed, or become a shadow of their former selves. Obsidian remains and thankfully has Larian and CDPR (and a few more) to keep it company now that BioWare has been infiltrated by the darkness within and become biowEAr
    Totally agree Chris. Just knowing we'll have this AND Cyberpunk next year has me super excited. Already looking forward to your review :P

10. Post
    You think Cyberpunk will drop next year? I hope so, but I am big with the doubt face.

11. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    You think Cyberpunk will drop next year? I hope so, but I am big with the doubt face.
    Yeah, I think so. My money is on an October release. I've been wrong plenty in the past though...

12. Post
    Astronug wrote:
    Nope! Coming to PC, PS4 & XB1
    Why would ms do that? Should have made it an exclusive if they've just bought the company

13. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Why would ms do that? Should have made it an exclusive if they've just bought the company
    It is not an MS product. This game is not part of that agreement as far as I know. The publisher is Private Division which is a part of 2K. So it's likely 2K money that funded some/all of it.

14. Post
    Was going to say be careful with that "getting hyped for things" business but then I watched the vid and was like "oh".

15. Post
    leopardsqueezy wrote:
    Was going to say be careful with that "getting hyped for things" business but then I watched the vid and was like "oh".
    Hahah yeah the hype feels well deserved with this one!