Page 2 of 2 First 12
Results 26 to 48 of 48

  1. Post
    #26
    Keen to replay DA4 with the DLC, any mods worthy of using peeps who have used them?

  2. Post
    #27
    IST wrote:
    Keen to replay DA4 with the DLC, any mods worthy of using peeps who have used them?


    Huh? do you have a TARDIS? DA4 isn't out yet. Assuming that you meant Inquisition which is effectively the third title in the series. Have never really felt the need to use mods in the game, PC is actually a pretty damn good port.

  3. Post
    #28
    Ramza wrote:
    Huh? do you have a TARDIS? DA4 isn't out yet. Assuming that you meant Inquisition which is effectively the third title in the series. Have never really felt the need to use mods in the game, PC is actually a pretty damn good port.
    Oh yep meant Inquisition lol: I own all the DLC, just never played them as clocked the game on release then didn't touch it: have heard they are good though.

    In other woke news, as if the BFV debacle didn't happen, the narrative director has already said he is 100% going to make DA4 "political" and he is going to push diversity into every nook and cranny of DA4 (read the whole twitter thread).

    https://redirect.viglink.com/?format...64223219228673

    I'm all for diversity, Dragon Age (and Mass Effect) have always had political undertones (rising to overtones in DA2/Inquisition IMO), but this just sounds like shoe-horning gone mental. Forced diversity and pushing your politics into a game is never good and this guy sounds like a bit of a ****wit tbh...excellent: that's just great for my fave fantasy IP

    Just don't **** it up and just focus on making a GOOD GAME (ala Origins) pls BioWare, you already put Mass Effect into cryo-stasis, we don't need Dragon Age getting thrown into the Maker's torture dungeon of wokeness.

  4. Post
    #29
    IST wrote:
    Oh yep meant Inquisition lol: I own all the DLC, just never played them as clocked the game on release then didn't touch it: have heard they are good though.

    In other woke news, as if the BFV debacle didn't happen, the narrative director has already said he is 100% going to make DA4 "political" and he is going to push diversity into every nook and cranny of DA4 (read the whole twitter thread).

    https://redirect.viglink.com/?format...64223219228673

    I'm all for diversity, Dragon Age (and Mass Effect) have always had political undertones (rising to overtones in DA2/Inquisition IMO), but this just sounds like shoe-horning gone mental. Forced diversity and pushing your politics into a game is never good and this guy sounds like a bit of a ****wit tbh...excellent: that's just great for my fave fantasy IP

    Just don't **** it up and just focus on making a GOOD GAME (ala Origins) pls BioWare, you already put Mass Effect into cryo-stasis, we don't need Dragon Age getting thrown into the Maker's torture dungeon of wokeness.
    Jesus. Did you read what he actually said? Or are you just intent on hyperbollocking this for no reason. DA has always been political. It's actually been at the core of the whole series. Remember what Origins is all about? Don't be like the rest of the moron brigade having an overreaction about this. Should we also ignore all the openly queer characters in the series already, and the very strong theme of racial conflict and religious zealotry.
    And I will attest that 99% of the little shits crying about BFV don't give the tiniest shit about "historical accuracy". Because that series is not even close to being accurate. It never has been despite claims to the contrary

  5. Post
    #30
    That's what happens when you don't throw out a trigger warning.

    Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

  6. Post
    #31
    ChrisB wrote:
    Jesus. Did you read what he actually said? Or are you just intent on hyperbollocking this for no reason. DA has always been political. It's actually been at the core of the whole series. Remember what Origins is all about? Don't be like the rest of the moron brigade having an overreaction about this. Should we also ignore all the openly queer characters in the series already, and the very strong theme of racial conflict and religious zealotry.
    And I will attest that 99% of the little shits crying about BFV don't give the tiniest shit about "historical accuracy". Because that series is not even close to being accurate. It never has been despite claims to the contrary
    Naw homie, I did read it, and I'm all for organic diversity bigtime!, just not in the way the bro has stated.

    When diversity is done right, you dont notice it, it goes under the radar, it is silently amazing....not stated as a directive like some KPI driven drivel shit, as this was done.

    Great adventures in Thedas are, and you're right, always diverse ones....but stamping a claim of definitive diversity from the outset is NOT the way this should be done.

    If for anything else, from a pure financial standpoint...people are too smart for forced malarkey these days hombre, just look at BFV's reception.

    Agendas, even if they are just, have no place in my Thedas. Woke is fine, woke is great! Pre-meditated wokeness for the sake of woke is NOT.


    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  7. Post
    #32
    A statement about a game having diversity is no different than a ratings label saying that the movie will have swearing, sex scenes, drug use, violence, or 'adult content'. Its not about forcing anything on anyone. Its about informing people who are marginalized or often ignored in games that there is content there for them.
    As a queer man knowing that this stuff is in there is great, for most of my life games had no queer characters, or if they did they were cliched or played for comic relief. It was not until the 2000's when there was even a character on any media I could identify with (bless you Captain Jack). Its the same with ethnic minorities. They've either been absent, used as set dressing, or are the 'bad guys'.

    The "Oh no there's a black woman in my "historic" shooter where I suck up bullets like they were gumdrops, jump out of planes onto other planes in midair, pick up ammo like it was a lolly scramble, carry an arsenal that weighs more then a full grown adult, and kill more people than an entire platoon" people are not interested in historical accuracy.

    Being inclusive is just that. Including people.Bad writing, bad execution, bad design, or bad tech are issues. If someones sees the statement as a game or movie is being made with diversity being part of the design as problematic, I would suggest you look at yourself as to why you think that. Because that statement just means they're not going to marginalise someone for no reason.
    Can it go too far? Sure. But its rare. Just because some people take it to extremes doesn't mean the majority do. And you know what after being marginalized, ignored, mocked, misrepresented, attacked, or glossed over I think a few movies, or games that swing back hard the other way are a non-issue. We still have pathetic ****s mocking trans-gender people and it seen as somehow ok. I've even seen the Caitlin Jenner bullshit in here, and then people in that same crowd have the audacity to be "offended" because of BFV. F*ck them.

    Dragon Age is a fictional fantasy universe, if diversity or "politics" as going to be problem for someone's immersion, but dragons, magic, and monsters are ok, then isn't the problem the person complaining for making drawing some arbitrary line in the sand.

  8. Post
    #33
    "all art is politics. It's just a hell of a lot easier to ignore it when those politics match up with yours"

    This was a great tweet.

    Also anyone who tries to make out like Dragon Age hasn't been about politics or representation from the start simply hasn't played the games.

  9. Post
    #34
    Oh I like that quote. Gonna steal it! Thanks.

  10. Post
    #35
    I like how much ChrisB flip flops between 'bro its a video game history doesn't matter' and 'wrong era music in my fake sci fi series is a serious deal this must be stopped'.

  11. Post
    #36
    If you clutch at few more straws your strawman might almost be complete.

  12. Post
    #37
    It's just funny how much grief you give others and then say really dumb stuff like this(and sadly isn't the first time):

    ChrisB wrote:
    And I will attest that 99% of the little shits crying about BFV don't give the tiniest shit about "historical accuracy". Because that series is not even close to being accurate. It never has been despite claims to the contrary

  13. Post
    #38
    Ramza wrote:
    "all art is politics. It's just a hell of a lot easier to ignore it when those politics match up with yours"
    Yeah nah, easy to make non-political properties. Transformers and TMNT come to mind, cool shit to make people happy while turning a profit.

    ChrisB wrote:
    And I will attest that 99% of the little shits crying about BFV don't give the tiniest shit about "historical accuracy". Because that series is not even close to being accurate. It never has been despite claims to the contrary
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capturessssssssssssss.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	224234
    https://twitter.com/battlefield/stat...002752?lang=en
    https://archive.fo/M8L7F

    ChrisB wrote:
    The "Oh no there's a black woman in my "historic" shooter where I suck up bullets like they were gumdrops, jump out of planes onto other planes in midair, pick up ammo like it was a lolly scramble, carry an arsenal that weighs more then a full grown adult, and kill more people than an entire platoon" people are not interested in historical accuracy.
    They're interested in IMMERSION via COSMETIC authenticity. Seeing half the players in a WW2 set game looking like Mad Max characters would break suspension of disbelief for a lot of people. How can you be a big player of heavily narrative driven with world building like RPGs and not be able to empathise?

    If they had featured representation of women in WW2 combat where it makes sense, (eg French resistance fighters, Russian snipers), most people wouldn't have any issue with it. DICE did it SO right just TWO years ago with BF1. See black American representation via Harlem Hellfighters and playable Russian females via In the Name of the Tsar DLC.

    People generally understand that when making a game that you have to make concessions to realism to be able to make to fun, escapist experience. Eg guns never jamming, respawning, magically refilling ammo mags, running over health packs. People can accept these gameplay concepts yet still want to have cosmetic immersion from escapist entertainment. This is the epitome of suspension of disbelief.

    Being inclusive is just that. Including people.Bad writing, bad execution, bad design, or bad tech are issues. If someones sees the statement as a game or movie is being made with diversity being part of the design as problematic, I would suggest you look at yourself as to why you think that. Because that statement just means they're not going to marginalise someone for no reason.
    Can it go too far? Sure. But its rare. Just because some people take it to extremes doesn't mean the majority do.
    "But it's rare", yeah nah. Modern DC, Marvel and Disney Star Wars beg to differ. Look up DC Vertigo's Border Town, Marvel's America by Gabby Rivera. Forced diversity resulting in shit writing is quite common these days, mate.

  14. Post
    #39
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    They're interested in IMMERSION via COSMETIC authenticity. Seeing half the players in a WW2 set game looking like Mad Max characters would break suspension of disbelief for a lot of people. How can you be a big player of heavily narrative driven with world building like RPGs and not be able to empathise?
    More than one person has tried to explain this to him already and it's not really a hard concept to grasp but maybe you'll have more luck lol.

  15. Post
    #40
    CODChimera wrote:
    More than one person has tried to explain this to him already and it's not really a hard concept to grasp but maybe you'll have more luck lol.
    Probably not, he has me blocked AFAIK.

  16. Post
    #41
    ChrisB wrote:
    A statement about a game having diversity is no different than a ratings label saying that the movie will have swearing, sex scenes, drug use, violence, or 'adult content'. Its not about forcing anything on anyone. Its about informing people who are marginalized or often ignored in games that there is content there for them.
    As a queer man knowing that this stuff is in there is great, for most of my life games had no queer characters, or if they did they were cliched or played for comic relief. It was not until the 2000's when there was even a character on any media I could identify with (bless you Captain Jack). Its the same with ethnic minorities. They've either been absent, used as set dressing, or are the 'bad guys'.

    The "Oh no there's a black woman in my "historic" shooter where I suck up bullets like they were gumdrops, jump out of planes onto other planes in midair, pick up ammo like it was a lolly scramble, carry an arsenal that weighs more then a full grown adult, and kill more people than an entire platoon" people are not interested in historical accuracy.

    Being inclusive is just that. Including people.Bad writing, bad execution, bad design, or bad tech are issues. If someones sees the statement as a game or movie is being made with diversity being part of the design as problematic, I would suggest you look at yourself as to why you think that. Because that statement just means they're not going to marginalise someone for no reason.
    Can it go too far? Sure. But its rare. Just because some people take it to extremes doesn't mean the majority do. And you know what after being marginalized, ignored, mocked, misrepresented, attacked, or glossed over I think a few movies, or games that swing back hard the other way are a non-issue. We still have pathetic ****s mocking trans-gender people and it seen as somehow ok. I've even seen the Caitlin Jenner bullshit in here, and then people in that same crowd have the audacity to be "offended" because of BFV. F*ck them.

    Dragon Age is a fictional fantasy universe, if diversity or "politics" as going to be problem for someone's immersion, but dragons, magic, and monsters are ok, then isn't the problem the person complaining for making drawing some arbitrary line in the sand.
    This is a good post, respect.

    At the end of the day, if the game is great and treats the IP with the love and care it deserves (unlike some games lately, lol), then I'm happy.

    All this Dragon Age talk...has me hankering for some Dragon Age now: might have to move that Inquisition playthrough forward some.

  17. Post
    #42
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Yeah nah, easy to make non-political properties. Transformers and TMNT come to mind, cool shit to make people happy while turning a profit.
    TMNT is about outcasts (mutated turtles) forced to live underground because they don't fit in with normal people and Transformers is about a race of people (Humans) dealing (poorly) with another race (of sentient robots) attempting to integrate and live peacefully with them on one hand of their political spectrum and conquer and murder them on the other hand of that spectrum.

    My serious answer is that both of those properties aren't that interesting unless you grew up with them as a child. They're largely dumb fun and that's cool and by design. Deep down they still include aesops and political ideals of how society should function though.

  18. Post
    #43
    The "Oh no there's a black woman in my "historic" shooter where I suck up bullets like they were gumdrops, jump out of planes onto other planes in midair, pick up ammo like it was a lolly scramble, carry an arsenal that weighs more then a full grown adult, and kill more people than an entire platoon" people are not interested in historical accuracy.

    This bit was excellent hehe

  19. Post
    #44
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    They're interested in IMMERSION via COSMETIC authenticity. Seeing half the players in a WW2 set game looking like Mad Max characters would break suspension of disbelief for a lot of people. How can you be a big player of heavily narrative driven with world building like RPGs and not be able to empathise?

    If they had featured representation of women in WW2 combat where it makes sense, (eg French resistance fighters, Russian snipers), most people wouldn't have any issue with it. DICE did it SO right just TWO years ago with BF1. See black American representation via Harlem Hellfighters and playable Russian females via In the Name of the Tsar DLC.
    The prosthetic arm was always the wtf for me in the initial reveal, it looked so out of place is was silly. The reveal trailer itself was also bad and the cosmetics in the game at the time again looked super out of place.

    Come launch and there are no prosthetics and you cant even make a character that looks like the initial 4 that were shown in the first reveal and the soldiers all look closer to "sensible".

    Of course morons boil down any criticism of how the game was revealed to hue hue why are you mad about black women (not that there was a black women in the initial reveal)

  20. Post
    #45
    Are we still talking about Dragon Age?

  21. Post
    #46
    That's not until 2021

  22. Post
    #47
    yeahboiwahoo wrote:
    That's not until 2021
    Unless Anthem fails to meet financial expectations and Bioware gets closed in the mean time.

  23. Post
    #48
    Ramza wrote:
    TMNT is about outcasts (mutated turtles) forced to live underground because they don't fit in with normal people and Transformers is about a race of people (Humans) dealing (poorly) with another race (of sentient robots) attempting to integrate and live peacefully with them on one hand of their political spectrum and conquer and murder them on the other hand of that spectrum.

    My serious answer is that both of those properties aren't that interesting unless you grew up with them as a child. They're largely dumb fun and that's cool and by design. Deep down they still include aesops and political ideals of how society should function though.
    You pretty much have to do high school English essay level reaches to ascribe depth that it isn't really there. Sometimes the curtains are just blue.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QWGrU.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	224237