1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Nicely done, thanks Baz. Even-handed coverage!

3. Post
    It's a shame really. It's like Bethesda have taken advantage of the goodwill of their fans, like they're saying "Everyone expects our games to be janky, it's part of their charm, lol; just release it bugs and all, the unwashed sucker masses will still lap it up, after all, we're Bethesda!!!".

4. Post
    I'm waiting for an expose. For someone to speak out and spill what caused this trash. I don't believe it was Bethesda was resting on it's laurels with this title. I get the feeling something happened that we haven't seen.

5. Post
    Still no ultra wide support or FOV slider, can't even play the rubbish.

6. Post
    Rii wrote:
    I'm waiting for an expose. For someone to speak out and spill what caused this trash. I don't believe it was Bethesda was resting on it's laurels with this title. I get the feeling something happened that we haven't seen.
    In one of the many riled youtube vidoes about it here was the anology of boiling a frog in water vs throwing it in water and that bethesda games had always been messes etc and that this game has been the point that people have realised the water is boiling (**** I didnt a terrible job of paraphrasing that).

I'm tending to agree on that, while fo76 wasnt the game from them that "boiled my frog" I can certainly see why it is. I'm hoping that the push back on this title (along with the pushback on all the issues that have been in their games for yonks) is going to cause them to improve going forward with starfield etc and we may see a change in terms of that quality. With the high skyrim and fo4 sales etc it was never going to be those titles but maybe it is this time.

7. Post
    Exceptional review Baz! Reading your stuff is always a real pleasure.

8. Post
    Glad I didn't get this game now. Still I look forward to what Chris has to say.

9. Post
    Spent the money on Pokémon let’s go for the switch instead

10. Post
    10/10 game.

11. Post
    There has long been a small group bleating incessantly from the sidelines at Bethesda to make a multiplayer Fallout or Elder Scrolls. I remember reading years ago how Todd Howard said he wasn't that keen on the idea, but I guess the whining became a roar, one that was hard to ignore... and look at the turd of a game it has left us with. I hope this is the event that encourages Bethesda to ignore dumbasses who think "but multiplaya makez everyfing betta" and stick to what they do best, great single player adventures.

12. Post
    leopardsqueezy wrote:
    There has long been a small group bleating incessantly from the sidelines at Bethesda to make a multiplayer Fallout or Elder Scrolls. I remember reading years ago how Todd Howard said he wasn't that keen on the idea, but I guess the whining became a roar, one that was hard to ignore... and look at the turd of a game it has left us with. I hope this is the event that encourages Bethesda to ignore dumbasses who think "but multiplaya makez everyfing betta" and stick to what they do best, great single player adventures.
    It wouldn't have been so bad, if Fallout 76 was only the MP part of the new Fallout game. But yeah, going MP only was always going to fail.

13. Post
    leopardsqueezy wrote:
    i would disagree, the concept is great, apocalyptic mp in a fallout setting? Why not? the issue here is the execution by the developer. Users are not to blame for wanting more, after all you as the developer are 100% fully invested in selling to them. Not the other way around.

14. Post
    Blitz^ wrote:
    10/10 game.
    I wouldn’t say that pokemon scored 8/10 on its GP review

15. Post
    leopardsqueezy wrote:
    The issue is not the concept, it was the execution. Conceptually a multiplayer Fallout survival RPG is fantastic. They just ****ed it up.

16. Post
    Perhaps it would have been more successful if they designed it more like Destiny