1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    I feel obliged to check this out again but the bad times I had with the inventory system just puts me right off.

3. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    I feel obliged to check this out again but the bad times I had with the inventory system just puts me right off.
    Same. All i ever wanted was more variation in the critters which is what we finally get. - I'll probably update, visit a planet or 2 and leave it at that. I'm just so sick of my inventory being full every 5 seconds.

4. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    Same. All i ever wanted was more variation in the critters which is what we finally get. - I'll probably update, visit a planet or 2 and leave it at that. I'm just so sick of my inventory being full every 5 seconds.
    Ditto.

Especially when base building. Aside from this inventory thing, my OCD was kicking in with the base building; because of how it worked, i couldn't get anything square. Like stairs would be at a slight angle rather than straight on, that kind of thing.

And just dumb shit like putting a door in a building, but the bottom lip of the doorframe was too tall to walk over, so you had to split-second jetpack to get into the building.

Constant updates, but not fixing glitchy shit like this - nah, i'll pass. Given the game too many chances now - no matter what they do from here, i'm out.

5. Post
    I give Hello Games credit for sticking to this though and making all these updates free, which is why I said I feel obliged to check them out hehe. GG

6. Post
    I want to play I really do. But last time I turned it on after a huge update, I just couldn't get past the hugely limiting "your suit is running out of oxygen" (or power, I forget which). Which means it prevented me from exploring.

7. Post
    Well I was going to ask, so is this game FUN or what? But youse all seem to have answered that for me.

Also get the impression this is one of those games that is full of what I call 'natty' little features that are meant to impart challenge or (god forbid) "realism" but only act as a drain on the enjoyment. I've never liked managing hunger/thirst/power or air supplies in games. You can harp on about realism all you like but that shit's never made a game more "fun".

8. Post
    Never really had too much issue with power/oxygen/etc, just the ridiculously limiting inventory management - it's become a game-breaker for me, to the point where i just don't want to bother anymore.

9. Post
    leopardsqueezy wrote:
    Well I was going to ask, so is this game FUN or what? But youse all seem to have answered that for me.

Also get the impression this is one of those games that is full of what I call 'natty' little features that are meant to impart challenge or (god forbid) "realism" but only act as a drain on the enjoyment. I've never liked managing hunger/thirst/power or air supplies in games. You can harp on about realism all you like but that shit's never made a game more "fun".
    I quite like the survival aspect of it actually, it's just that after you play the likes of Witcher 3 that has an inventory which holds 1000 items and then you play NMS which holds 20, it's a problem. And there's different inventories for your ship, your exosuit, your mining tool - it's unwieldy to say the least.