1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    heh , their concern is how many they sell rather than how good the game is or how much fun the players are having. Which should pretty much tell you whom Activision customers are, their shareholders. 500 mill is not enough, need MOAH, More more more until the title fails and they dump it .

it will be the same for Blizzard eventually , it is all about keeping the playerbase spending

3. Post
    I think a lot of it comes down to people who bought the full game plus the original season pass for a pretty penny and it was completely underwhelming. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. That is it for me, anyway.

4. Post
    Activision - Did we make ALL the money?
    Bungie - We made a lot of money and continue to make a lot of money
    Activision - Did we make ALL the money?
    Bungie - Well, no there is more money out in the world.
    Activision - You have failed! We expect more.

Which is expected of course. I would love to know what the actual projections were, and how that aligned with the Destiny 1 total revenue.

5. Post
    if you made a business that could reliably generate say, 500 million dollars every year that would be brilliant right? but in the world of big corporations and shareholders, if you didn't make more money than last year, you failed.

6. Post
    Exactly. Profits need to increase regardless. Its a problematic model because there are only so many consumers so you then need to look at getting every dollars from each when you can't get more customers. And then you compound that every fiscal year. At some point there is going to be a collapse. The big'uns will push too far too hard and there will be something akin to the EA BF2 debacle, only it wont just go away after a few months.

Shareholders drive the need to continually earn more and they're not gamers so they dont give a shit about us.

7. Post
    Posted this in the PS4 Destiny 2 thread:

While Forsaken was a great DLC, had a shit load of end game content decent story, I'd say the base game + lackluster subsequent DLC's (Osiris and Warmind) left a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths. Maybe they were just Destiny'd out.
    I've invested a huge amount of time into Forsaken and there's still a lot for me to do. The annual pass next year kinda feels like filler content while they work on Destiny 3 and I'd say there will be even less of us playing.

Also worth noting is that as a D1/D2 junkie, I've always felt like there's been an 'all or nothing' approach to the game, and I'm sure many (not all) other players feel the same, particularly coz you need a fire team to do end game content, not just raiding but nightfalls and even the new queens challenges. This has been great at keeping us hooked in but in the meantime there are a whole lot of other AAA games that people are missing out on. Some people just like to take breaks to get into those and not worry about completing the weekly activities, I guess.
    Last edited by Crow#Zero; 13th November 2018 at 8:10 am.

8. Post
    Bt wrote:
    I think a lot of it comes down to people who bought the full game plus the original season pass for a pretty penny and it was completely underwhelming. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. That is it for me, anyway.
    This is it for me too.

And I’m someone who also got the season pass, downloaded the first DLC, didn’t really play it, never even bothered with the second DLC even tho I’d paid for it. Even if Forsaken was the best shit ever, I just can not give them any more of my money.

9. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    I'd say the base game + lackluster subsequent DLC's (Osiris and Warmind) left a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths. Maybe they were just Destiny'd out.
    That's the boat I'm currently in.

Also the fact that the 2019 season pass has shit sounding content has really soured the taste in mouth, I don't even want to look at Forsaken. No new story content and no new planets... f*ck off with this lazy cash grab season pass.

My current sentiment is that Destiny 3 is going to need a campaign which has been praised to the sun before I'll even contemplate buying it.

10. Post
    Honestly, I don't really care if the small dlcs don't have campaigns, small dlc campaigns are usually tiny and poorly executed anyway. I would vastly prefer more three man raid tier content like the Shattered Throne or Whisper of the Worm quest.

All of this being said, There was no way in hell I was going to buy the season pass after getting burned so hard last year. Waiting on reviews this time around.