Diablo Immortal and the internet hate

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 4 of 4 First 1234

1. Post
    the issue is clearly sexist gamers ! or privileged gamers who happen to have an opinion about a product you are trying to sell to them !

2. Post
    Just look at RTS games on console, even when done well they dont provide as enjoyable an experience when played on console.
    Yeah it can. Look at both Halo Wars games. Shit, the MP on Halo Wars 1 was probably one of the most fun RTS MP games I've played, I'd put it up there with RA2 and AoE2.

The likely reason why you think RTS games don't work on console is they've never been taken seriously before Halo Wars. Not only that but not many RTS games have even come out over the last 10+ years - it's become easier to port a game since then.

3. Post
    I didn't say did not work. I said did not work as well ("don't provide as enjoyable an experience"). I've played both Halo Wars games both console and PC versions. I stand by my statement. It does as well as it can on console but is a vastly inferior and more frustrating experience. Notably Halo Wars feel restricted by its console control scheme. Not bad games by any means.

Added point

I should add that Halo Wars is an interesting proposition as it was a recognised and beloved IP breaking relatively unexploited ground with a genre historically not seen on the platform. Halo Wars as a PC only release would not have been anywhere near as big as even the OG release of Halo Wars on 360. The growth potential here was a new(ish) genre on console. It does not really translate to the current Blizzard/Diablo case, as what you have is a mobile first game exploiting a massive IP never before seen, but that same title translated to PC is likely going to be a step backwards from the previous PC entry and certainly for expectations from the player base regarding a new Diablo title on PC. Porting is rife with a lot of issues, and suggesting it should just be ported is actively ignoring a lot of things (some of which I mentioned in a previous post).

FOMO seldom takes into account the reality of the situation, nor can it be expected to. Audiences generally dont have a deeper understanding of things.
    Last edited by ChrisB; 8th November 2018 at 1:00 pm.

4. Post
    yeahboiwahoo wrote:

@02:09
    Jesus.....

5. Post
    Hey Chris, can you please produce at least a dozen screenshots and/or archive.is links where Blizzard employees have been threatened over Diablo Immortal? Thanks in advance.

6. Post
    Blizzard just came out and said itís has shifted its business model

All the top blizzard teams and devs are now working on mobile games

PC is no longer the focus of Blizzard

So glad the only Blizzard game I play is Hearthstone which is awesome on mobile

7. Post
    Rip

8. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Blizzard just came out and said it’s has shifted its business model

All the top blizzard teams and devs are now working on mobile games

PC is no longer the focus of Blizzard
    Not sure if troll or misunderstand what was said at the conference.

9. Post
    Yeah what did you think they would say when they talked about developers on mobile titles? "We've put our most average developers on mobile titles."?

Of course they're always going to say they put their best on whatever they're talking about at the time.

10. Post
    I didn't say did not work. I said did not work as well ("don't provide as enjoyable an experience"). I've played both Halo Wars games both console and PC versions. I stand by my statement. It does as well as it can on console but is a vastly inferior and more frustrating experience. Notably Halo Wars feel restricted by its console control scheme. Not bad games by any means.
    As someone who logged quite a bit of hours into Halo Wars 1 the controls weren't frustrating at all, and I kinda reject the notion that it was a 'vastly inferior' experience. Not all RTS games have to follow the Starcraft '100+ APM' model to have depth.

Halo Wars catered for the crowd who wanted a slower-paced RTS game, a crowd often forgotten, especially nowadays where SC2 dominates the market.

Porting is rife with a lot of issues, and suggesting it should just be ported is actively ignoring a lot of things (some of which I mentioned in a previous post).
    I wasn't suggesting D : I be ported, I was specifically talking about Halo Wars in this case.

11. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Hey Chris, can you please produce at least a dozen screenshots and/or archive.is links where Blizzard employees have been threatened over Diablo Immortal? Thanks in advance.
    So Chris, are you going to produce those receipts? Else are you conceding that the physical violence/death threats against Blizzard employees over Immortal is fake news?

12. Post
    The assumption seems to be that, as it's on mobile, it will be terrible and a money grab and literally kill your unborn children (ok maybe they haven't got so far as that last one, but it seems to be inline with the current trajectory).
    I thought it was because it was a reskin of an existing pay2win Chinese mobile game (including moves and gameplay)

13. Post
    Another interesting point from that conference above is that DI will scale back on the 'mature' aspect - the blood, gore and yukkies will be dialed back somewhat / removed to appeal to all ages.

edit: this was where I heard it, from this YongYea vid https://youtu.be/PefK3KubKKI?t=460

Playing D3 through on Switch I wish this was at least an option so I could have my 6 year old join me - I'd probably buy him a copy of the game so we could grind together if this was the case. So for DI this is pretty cool. I do have separate devices we can play together on.

The flip side of this is that to me at least it seems like another departure from what appeals to fans about the game (I'm new to Diablo as a whole so forgive me if I have this wrong).

I'm trying to stay impartial to the DI debate. On the one hand I don't mind that it's happening and perhaps revenue generated will make D4 an even more amazing product when it does eventually arrive.

On the other hand, there's something, perhaps a mix of what's already been discussed in the thread + more opinions out there from hard core fans that leave a bad taste in my mouth.

As someone who is actually *gasp* kinda keen to play this, as said with my kid, and grab D4 eventually, I have to ask myself - if this was a Destiny release - how would I feel?

14. Post
    Not keen on the news but I was never really that keen on Diablo. I spent a good chunk of my time on Diablo 2 but Warcraft 2 and 3 were my favourite Blizzard Games. Might give the Warcraft 3 remaster a shot but i found the expansion a little bit too challenging for my basic RTS skills.