Results 1 to 12 of 12

  1. Post

    Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

    Read article...

  2. Post
    #2
    Paying full price for a game I already have just to get slightly newer graphics? No thanks.

  3. Post
    #3
    They're only charging $30 USD for it from what I read. I look forward to playing it in 4k.

  4. Post
    #4
    I can't ****ing wait.

  5. Post
    #5
    Yeah.. i already played this , the graphic upgrade is not going to make this gameplay any better tbh. Prettier sure but i rather they used the time to make wc4 in 4k.

  6. Post
    #6
    Bloodline wrote:
    I can't ****ing wait.
    Yeah me too, keen as hell.

    Didn't even occur to me that it'd be ROC and TFT - mint. Will thrash the campaigns again and then head into custom games for some tower defense

  7. Post
    #7
    Models and textures.. that looks about it? They should have at least redone that animations and particle effects.

  8. Post
    #8
    Bloody wrote:
    Yeah.. i already played this , the graphic upgrade is not going to make this gameplay any better tbh. Prettier sure but i rather they used the time to make wc4 in 4k.
    They have a dedicated team that is solely working on their classic titles. It's not like this game is taking away resources from any potential new entry in the series. Also making a new RTS is a risky proposition these days the genre has been overrun by MOBAs. Even Starcraft is struggling to keep its player base.

    I am day one on this! I love Warcraft 3, but its basically unplayable now due to the camera and issues with any widescreen resolution.

    Pxndx wrote:
    Models and textures.. that looks about it? They should have at least redone that animations and particle effects.
    Thats nostalgia vision for you. I played WC3 a few months ago, and the particles are vastly improved as are the volumetric effects. Not sure what issue you have with the animations though. they look great to me, and they are significantly improved from what I can see. The more advanced models have more nuance and subtle movement.
    Last edited by ChrisB; 7th November 2018 at 12:00 am.

  9. Post
    #9
    Skorky wrote:
    Yeah me too, keen as hell.

    Didn't even occur to me that it'd be ROC and TFT - mint. Will thrash the campaigns again and then head into custom games for some tower defense
    Glad I'm not the only one overly excited by this, it looks great.

    I haven't played the campaign in years so it'll be really fresh and I'm mostly just looking forward to that.

  10. Post
    #10
    This was a welcome announcement at Blizzcon and I can't wait to get back into it.

  11. Post
    #11
    Pxndx wrote:
    Models and textures.. that looks about it? They should have at least redone that animations and particle effects.
    They did, watch the video.

  12. Post
    #12
    iMAGiNETHAT wrote:
    They did, watch the video.
    Oh yeah I see, but the sudden animation loop that stops then waits to be replayed looks bad for today.
    I played hundreds and hundreds of hours of this yonks ago, but eh, it doesn't look that enticing over the original.