Page 10 of 10 First ... 78910

1. Post
    I dont think there is a single person saying they presented Diablo Immortal well, or that they didn't make things worse with how they immediately responded to it at BlizzCon. Announcing at BlizzCon makes sense, just not how they did it, or even to that specific audience. A negative reaction was always going to be the result.
    That is not an excuse for some of the absolutely disgusting things said, or the overt threats made. Being upset or disappointed is not the issue. It's to be expected. Not one rational person is saying that the disappointment and frustration was not expected (except apparently Blizzard). But venting and expressing disappointment is far different from making threats, doxing, or persistent online harassment of Blizzard employees social media accounts including their Linkedin pages.
    The whole "you made me an unreasonable ****wit" defense doesn't hold any water imo. Passion =/= extreme behavior. Or at least it should not. I too am extremely disappointed, but I am also rational enough to realize that it's not all that important even within the context of Diablo fandom. Diablo IV will still release exactly the same time it would have regardless of Immortal. It literally has no impact on that game in any meaningful way. Yeah, it sux that D4 was not the announced title, but it is what it is.

Also if you think BlizzCon is even remotely about "showing ads" then you have no idea what BlizzCon actually is. This is coming from someone who's actually attended.

2. Post
    i have also attended it , twice actually during my WOW years. We are gonna have to agree to disagree that it is not a marketing hype convention designed to sell blizzards products. It will be fair to say you and i have a different view on cultivating a customer ecosystem and product awareness.

it is fair to say i am a cynic and distrustful for any merchant traveling to see me..

3. Post
    ChrisB, I don't know why you think it was necessary to PM me your resume, but again, you have demonstrated that you could not find any opinions in any of my posts in this thread.
    If all you can find are "assertions" (hey, I don't even deny forming assertions in some of my posts) then one can come to the conclusion that either:
    a) Definition of an opinion is not known
    b) Selective reading.

I think you told someone in this thread something along the lines of "If you don't like a game, then don't play it, stop complaining about it"
    Well... I think you should heed your own advise, if you don't like my posts or opinions, then ignore it, stop complaining about it.

Do you see me continuously attacking your 'absolute statements', 'opinions' etc even if I don't agree with them? Nope.
    Do you see me attempting to coerce the entire community into falsifying your thoughts and to only believe in mine? Nope.

Why? Because I couldn't care less about what you believe is the truth.

You post your thoughts, I post mine. No need to overreact, just let it go.
    Hell, you even refuse to read an article because of the author, so why read my posts.

End the "Bullshit"? Sure. Just stop seeking my attention in your posts and I'll stop responding to it and then maybe we can keep this thread back on topic.

4. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    i have also attended it , twice actually during my WOW years. We are gonna have to agree to disagree that it is not a marketing hype convention designed to sell blizzards products. It will be fair to say you and i have a different view on cultivating a customer ecosystem and product awareness.

it is fair to say i am a cynic and distrustful for any merchant traveling to see me..
    Being a hype convention is another matter entirely. That is exactly what it is. Its 100% about fan service. I just don't agree that its about "ads". But engagement and hype definitely. The non-announcement presentations were where I saw most of the fan interaction, and heard from many devs when and since that its the "Fireside chats", and various other dev and fan interactions that get the most amount of love from attendees.
    It's all self promotion for sure, but its also a big hug to all the fans. I also know that without Mike opening the whole thing its going to feel different. He really does set the tone. Without him its just weird.

@pkpingu
    I give up. You actually don't understand what I am talking about and continue with this diatribe about your opinion. which I have stated very clearly I have no issue with multiple times. I only take issue with the bullshit assertion and fictions you've been pushing. I don't know how else to explain it to you. But you clearly have no understanding about what the actual problem is.

5. Post
    pkpingu wrote:
    ChrisB, I don't know why you think it was necessary to PM me your resume
    lmao.

6. Post
    pkpingu adjusts his fedora once more as he furiously flips through the dictionary to yet again prove that he is winning the argument

oh wait, all he has is semantics

7. Post
    pkpingu wrote:
    derp
    Just let it go you psycho.

8. Post
    pkpingu - you only need to report a post once, not 5 times in 2 minutes.

Keep it civil in here kids - everyone's entitled to an opinion and to be passionate about something, but resorting to abuse in the thread or via PM isn't going to win any battles. Use your brains and stop acting like petulant teenagers ffs.

9. Post
    Mancubus wrote:
    pkpingu - you only need to report a post once, not 5 times in 2 minutes.

Keep it civil in here kids - everyone's entitled to an opinion and to be passionate about something, but resorting to abuse in the thread or via PM isn't going to win any battles. Use your brains and stop acting like petulant teenagers ffs.
    My bad, it appeared the PM that i was reporting was timing out, thought it may have been a connection error on my end. tried a few times without realizing it was being pushed through.