Page 7 of 8 First ... 45678 Last
Results 151 to 175 of 179

  1. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    TL;DR

  2. Post
    Man Chris this really needs to stop

  3. Post
    ChrisB,

    There is no prioritization in the development in any of the games that Blizzard makes.
    WoW was ready in 2008, D3 wasn't and all the expansions that followed WoW was the same - just 'ready'.

    The "Classics" team responsible for all things classics did not prioritize War3:Reforged over any other classics either, it was just "ready".
    Immortal having zero impact on the development of any other games is not an "ignorant and baseless claim" by you. It is a fact because you say so and this is not a case of you "making shit up".

    You are calm, not throwing a tantrum and not in denial.
    Your opinion is the only truth, all other opinions must first be approved by you for it to be deemed worthy of being an opinion.

    You win. : )

  4. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    Being so careful to get it right that they're getting it wrong.
    After the horror that the Diablo 3 launch was? Oh hell no. As far as I'm concerned they should delay Diablo 4 until it's perfect before releasing.

  5. Post

  6. Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOVf...youtu.be&t=125

    Min 2:25 - there's your hard fact mr ChrisB.

    Blizzard shifting focus to mobile development. "We have many of our best developers now working on mobile titles" directly out of blizz employee's mouth. Anything you'd like to say to this?

  7. Post
    That is basically a PR statement, or do you expect them to say they're putting their most average developers on mobile titles?

    They're also not shifting focus to mobile, they're investing in mobile (as per the earnings call where they specifically say that). That's two very different things, and given how different mobile development is from pc/console development, they'll be creating mobile specific teams to work on those projects, or investing into existing teams to expand their capabilities. Personally I think the first option is more likely, there'll be some overlap between teams on the art/design side, but development is different enough to warrant different teams.

    Honestly I feel like devs almost shouldn't bother saying anything until the games are done these days. The amount of word twisting/lack of understanding (this isn't directed at anyone here in particular) from the general gaming community doesn't make it worth it.

  8. Post
    pkpingu wrote:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOVf...youtu.be&t=125

    Min 2:25 - there's your hard fact mr ChrisB.

    Blizzard shifting focus to mobile development. "We have many of our best developers now working on mobile titles" directly out of blizz employee's mouth. Anything you'd like to say to this?
    Soan said it perfectly. Confirmation bias at play. You're twisting what is being said to fit your narrative rather than letting the information/facts speak for themselves.
    I didn't earmark anything in the video deliberately, but just watching the first 20 mins demonstrates some of the toxicity being hurled around. Even Ryyker, one of the most respected Diablo commentators got abused for tweeting about the announcement. Then there is the reddit revelation, and the live stream comments.
    I recommend people take the time to watch the whole thing. Ryyker is disappointed in the announcement, and he even states it will likely affect his ability to earn a living, but he took the time to gather information and then expressed his opinion based on the reality of the whole thing.

    Soan wrote:
    That is basically a PR statement, or do you expect them to say they're putting their most average developers on mobile titles?

    They're also not shifting focus to mobile, they're investing in mobile (as per the earnings call where they specifically say that). That's two very different things, and given how different mobile development is from pc/console development, they'll be creating mobile specific teams to work on those projects, or investing into existing teams to expand their capabilities. Personally I think the first option is more likely, there'll be some overlap between teams on the art/design side, but development is different enough to warrant different teams.

    Honestly I feel like devs almost shouldn't bother saying anything until the games are done these days. The amount of word twisting/lack of understanding (this isn't directed at anyone here in particular) from the general gaming community doesn't make it worth it.
    Your final point here nails it. And I think you're right with them building out a mobile development team or teams. Maybe AAA mobile could become a thing. I can hope.

  9. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Maybe AAA mobile could become a thing. I can hope.
    Of course it can. Mobile phone specs and graphics are getting so good.

    One day we'll each have a computer in our heads infinitely more powerful than today's PC's. We'll be able to research, communicate, play games, go "virtual reality" mode. All linked to our brains.

    Too sci-fi? Anything's a possibility.

  10. Post
    No sympathy for large corporations who shit on their customers on a regular basis, f*ck 'em.


  11. Post
    Thank god for Jim. Pretty much the only prominent games journalist around who doesn't come off like a paid for corporate mouthpiece who hates their own audience. I wish I could articulate my arguments as well as he can.

  12. Post
    I've turned off Jim recently. A few things in that video he says that I feel he adds to push his perspective, even though I agree with it as a whole.

    Talking about the D3 Auction House. I actually loved the idea of this to begin with because in D2 you'd pick up so many items that you couldn't use, so I felt they implemented it as a genuine way for users to do something with those useless items. I didn't fear it was created for any nefarious means, especially not how Jim illustrates it as "Blizzard purposefully drops items you can't use so you would be forced to use real money on the AH". That's stupid. Previous Diablo games have always dropped items you can't use, it made that moment when you found a bangin' ass item so much more rewarding.

  13. Post
    You seriously believe that Blizzard created D3's real money auction house with anything other than profit driven intentions? They wanted a piece of the player economy pie and contorted the balance of their game to do it. It's no coincidence that the loot drops got a hell of a lot better once the real money AH was removed. It wasn't until that tumor was excised that D3 became a game worth playing. I don't see how it's stupid at all, he's providing evidence to support his view, you're providing faith in a company that increasingly demonstrates they no longer deserve that faith.

  14. Post
    Rii wrote:
    Talking about the D3 Auction House. I actually loved the idea of this to begin with because in D2 you'd pick up so many items that you couldn't use, so I felt they implemented it as a genuine way for users to do something with those useless items. I didn't fear it was created for any nefarious means, especially not how Jim illustrates it as "Blizzard purposefully drops items you can't use so you would be forced to use real money on the AH". That's stupid. Previous Diablo games have always dropped items you can't use, it made that moment when you found a bangin' ass item so much more rewarding.
    You sound like a Prisoner of War with Stockholm Syndrome, TBH.

  15. Post
    0 ****s given.

  16. Post
    The auction house wasnt the problem. A lot of idiots who complained about it stated the reason was "pay 2 win" which made absolutely no sense. Loot in general was trash, among the games other issues.

  17. Post
    The Act 2 bees in prenerf inferno were one of the funniest things ever.

  18. Post
    I'm looking forward to Diablo Immortal

  19. Post

  20. Post
    yeahboiwahoo wrote:
    The Act 2 bees in prenerf inferno were one of the funniest things ever.
    Nah they f'n weren't. You don't mean those green mosquito things that got shot out and followed you around?

    My 3 mates and I got stuck on Act 2 in original Inferno, didn't get any further until they nerfed it all.

    Those mozzies were way OP.

  21. Post
    He said bees. Not mosquitoes.

    But I do remember the giant flies that shoot the stream of baby flies being nope material. As well as Lacuni.

  22. Post
    WhangaDan wrote:
    Nah they f'n weren't. You don't mean those green mosquito things that got shot out and followed you around?

    My 3 mates and I got stuck on Act 2 in original Inferno, didn't get any further until they nerfed it all.

    Those mozzies were way OP.
    Yeah those things that were right near the start of act 2 in the canyon thingy with the lacuni that just instagibbed you.

    bees/wasps/mozzies thingies

  23. Post
    Rii wrote:
    He said bees. Not mosquitoes.
    I had to YT to look for the bees. I see what he means now. I think those big bees were easily enough to avoid. It was the little yellow/green bugs they shot out that were the most nasty.

    By "nah they f'n weren't" I meant they weren't funny at all

  24. Post
    Killing bee's in D2 were so satisfying when you froze them and then smashed them.

  25. Post
    First Diablo now WOW what's next? The half-life on mobile? We need new games not unplayable mobile apps.