1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Having not played RDR1 should I just jump straight in to this or should I play the first in the series, first?
    Will RDR1 feel clunky compared to recent releases?

3. Post
    gooseman77 wrote:
    Having not played RDR1 should I just jump straight in to this or should I play the first in the series, first?
    It's more of a prequel I believe, so you can jump right in.

4. Post
    Good review. Gonna be honest, the 'cores' kind of intimidate me a bit - I'm only 90 minutes into the game but it was enough to show me the depth to the world and attention to detail.

Maybe it's more natural in-game but the novelty of eating crap / working out in GTAV lost its appeal fairly early on so a lot of these systems seem quite daunting.

However I'm really intrigued by the reputation system and the repercussions incurred.

5. Post
    gooseman77 wrote:
    RDR holds up very well, but is a little dated nonetheless even without playing RDR2. However if you have an XBOX One X it holds up even better.

RDR2 is set a decade before RDR1 so you can play without needing any prior knowledge.

6. Post
    ChrisB did you complete the main story?

7. Post
    gooseman77 wrote:
    I think its actually better to just play RDR2 first before RDR1, because they actually make all the characters of the Dutch gang feel like actual characters which add massively to RDR1. That said, RDR1 probably has the better story so far imo.

8. Post
    "After a few hours I naturally fell into a routine when making camp. Check the horse, feed it, and brush it down. Check and clean weapons, craft ammo as required, and cook myself a meal."

Crazy...