Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

With Forza series now on PC, is there any reason to buy an Xbox?

I need a console for RDR2...from everything I can see lately, going with PS4 is a no brainer.

I've been Xbox fan for years due to the Forza series. Now maybe it's time to change??

2. Post
    Depends if you're interested in the exclusives the PS4 has to offer. Personally, all the games I'm interested in are on both consoles, and I wanted the best possible performance I could get out of the two, so have the X1X (had a PS4 Pro previously).

Also depends if you play online a lot, PS4 will have a larger player-base for pretty much all games.
    Last edited by DW; 4th October 2018 at 7:22 pm.

3. Post
    Pc is the Xbox one x V2, no reason to buy the v1

4. Post
    Only two games I can think of on the top of my head that you'll miss out on are Halo 5 (singleplayer, there's still Halo Forge for PC), which has a batshit crazy SP story in which will likely be undone in Halo Infinite and Sunset Overdrive, which is pretty good but not a system seller IMO.

Honestly, what pisses me off so much is the IP they're sitting on but doing nothing about. They're sitting on IP like Mechassault, Crimson Skies, Freelancer (which could come before SC at this rate :P) and completely wasting IP like Zoo Tycoon, turning it into a kids game and Conker, which got relegated to some Project Spark thing?

5. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Apart from his very first sentence stating that he needs a console for RDR2.

6. Post
    Its all personal preference. I have a one x and have recently had a ps4 pro(again). But my x always gets used the most.
    I prefer the interface, the controller and things like being able to use a headset and have the TV sound on. Not to mention I've got over 150 games on my account.

Its a no brainer to buy a ps4 for the exclusives if your care for them, if you want the best experience for rdr2 then buy a one x hands down.

7. Post
    PC + PS4 Pro + Switch covers all your bases.

8. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    If you're going to say you need 3 different systems to cover all your bases, why not just go all the way and say PC + Xbox One X + PS4 + Switch and be even more covered?

9. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    This! There is no better combo right now

10. Post
    DW wrote:
    If you're going to say you need 3 different systems to cover all your bases, why not just go all the way and say PC + Xbox One X + PS4 + Switch and be even more covered?
    Cause that would be double dipping, apart from the odd scenario like rdr2 other multiplayers are day one on pc and makes the one x pointless if you already have a pc. If you don’t have a pc then I can see the one x’s appeal as a cheap 4K 30fps box especially with pc part prices nowadays but the best has always cost more than a console

Like the next big aaa is cyberpunk which will be day 1 ultra 4K 60fps on pc like pretty much any multiplat game

Then again if his goal was to save money, he could wait like eva for pc release of rdr2 and not buy any console

11. Post
    DW wrote:
    Stop being disingenous, you know that Xbox 1 has virtually no exclusive games. Since 2016 all of the MS published games targeting Xbox get released onto Windows 10 as well.

(Assuming you're interested in owning a PC for gaming.) Outside of their exclusive games, both PS4 and Xbox 1 bring nothing unique to the table that a desktop PC doesn't cover. Switch's portability puts it in a position that PC can't fill without spending multiple thousands for a Surface Pro tablet (or a gaming laptop with poor cost to benefit ratio).

12. Post
    I'm so pleased the Forza franchise is now on PC. It was the only reason I would have bought an Xbone.

13. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Stop being disingenous, you know that Xbox 1 has virtually no exclusive games. Since 2016 all of the MS published games targeting Xbox get released onto Windows 10 as well.
    There are other reasons that some games are preferable to buy for console over PC, but that has been explained before many times over.

14. Post
    if its just for Rdr2 and you want the best experience. The One X. If your getting a console as a companion for your gaming setup along side your PC. Ps4 slim or Pro. Personally id take the Sony exclusives anyday over a couple of extra teraflops.

15. Post
    THe argument goes both ways, after GT lost it's way on PS i stopped buying playstations, and bought xboxes. Never regretted it, but there's the odd game i think would be nice like god of war.

I too have the Red Dead connundrum. I want to play it, in all it's glory, on the best system possible. But currently don't have an xbox or PS.

I could wait a year, get spoilered, and cross my fingers it comes out on PC.

Spose i could borrow an xbox one x or something from someone.

16. Post
    Xbox has the Master Chief collection, and less buggy versions of FH3 and F7. Oh and Halo 5 lol, but B_B covered why that isnt much of a selling point.

That's about it for me, apart from a few gems in their backwards compatible range. I'll hang on to my xbox one for those few games, but I haven't had xbox live gold for years now (as opposed to it being a necessity during my time with 360).

-e Would love a new Mech Assault game.

17. Post
    one_red_god wrote:
    THe argument goes both ways, after GT lost it's way on PS i stopped buying playstations, and bought xboxes. Never regretted it, but there's the odd game i think would be nice like god of war.

I too have the Red Dead connundrum. I want to play it, in all it's glory, on the best system possible. But currently don't have an xbox or PS.

I could wait a year, get spoilered, and cross my fingers it comes out on PC.

Spose i could borrow an xbox one x or something from someone.

we could be waiting up to two years depending on when the next-gen consoles launch and when we get the next-gen ports of RDR2. Last time rockstar waited for the next gen GTA-V ports before they announced the PC version (Probably cause of the X86 architecture made it easier to port to PC). Could be 2020 for all we know.
    Last edited by Valeyard; 5th October 2018 at 6:33 am.

18. Post
    Not gonna wait and hope it comes to PC like I did the original rdr.

19. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    This is a capatilisation nightmare

20. Post
    If you want to play RDR2, PS4 might be better for you. Plus it has cool exclusives, unlike xbox.

21. Post

Xbox is better

If you are comparing PC with XBOX than, I must say Xbox have a better gamming experience than PC. I am a PC Gamer also but many games works better on consoles, But if you are comparing Xbox with PS4 than surely go with PS4. The Exlusives are amazing and many more are comming soon.

22. Post
    kevinwhite wrote:
    If you are comparing PC with XBOX than, I must say Xbox have a better gamming experience than PC. I am a PC Gamer also but many games works better on consoles, But if you are comparing Xbox with PS4 than surely go with PS4. The Exlusives are amazing and many more are comming soon.
    perhaps you can explain how Xbox is a better gaming experience? In what way?

23. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    perhaps you can explain how Xbox is a better gaming experience? In what way?
    *gamming

24. Post
    Many Games are more optimized and give better FPS than a standard PC also its does cost more on pc to get a better FPS with a better GPU as compare to XBox.

25. Post
    kevinwhite wrote:
    Many Games are more optimized and give better FPS than a standard PC also its does cost more on pc to get a better FPS with a better GPU as compare to XBox.
    So you're using fiction as a reason. Interesting.
    Please don't make things up, your feelings are not facts.

In case you missed it you are OBJECTIVELY wrong. And still failed to answer how console is a better experience even assuming your fiction was true.

I am not a PC master racist at all. But truth is important to me.