Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    At this point you should just print off an old statement and proactively change all your payments.

2. Post
    bradc wrote:
    At this point you should just print off an old statement and proactively change all your payments.
    Change them to what? I don't have a replacement card yet to replace the payments with.

3. Post
    Didn't realise you only had one credit card.

4. Post
    I ran out of data on my phone this morning. First time ever. I had half a GB yesterday to last me until next Tuesday. But ended up having to mobile hotspot for my work laptop yesterday, and chewed up the data.

Anywho...still haven't got a new card, either from Kiwibank or BNZ. So I can't top up my data (Skinny Direct).

I think the short term solution is to buy a visa prezzie card and use that to top up my phone?

5. Post
    Can't you just buy a top up voucher from the local dairy or something?

6. Post
    brand wrote:
    Can't you just buy a top up voucher from the local dairy or something?
    Dunno if you can for Skinny Direct.

Picked up a prezzy card for now.

7. Post
    Spoke to the bank again today. They said that Apple was hacked and credit card details were stolen. I doubt that is what affected me, as I never had my card details linked to my Apple account.

The person I spoke to said it'd take about 5 weeks to get a refund, or I could contact Apple direct and they'd refund me in about 2 weeks.

Rather than go deeper down the rabbit hole and involve Apple, I think I'm just gonna wait it out for the bank to do the leg work.

8. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Spoke to the bank again today. They said that Apple was hacked and credit card details were stolen. I doubt that is what affected me, as I never had my card details linked to my Apple account.

The person I spoke to said it'd take about 5 weeks to get a refund, or I could contact Apple direct and they'd refund me in about 2 weeks.

Rather than go deeper down the rabbit hole and involve Apple, I think I'm just gonna wait it out for the bank to do the leg work.
    Why do you need to be refunded? You haven't actually paid your credit card right? The transaction should just be sitting there suspended if you have disputed it. You shouldn't have to pay it.

9. Post
    brand wrote:
    Why do you need to be refunded? You haven't actually paid your credit card right? The transaction should just be sitting there suspended if you have disputed it. You shouldn't have to pay it.
    The transaction is not suspended. The payment has cleared. Now I have to wait for it to be refunded.

10. Post
    Similar thing happened to me except I was stung for 5 lots of 119$. Apple ended up refunding me in less than a week so I didn’t have to go through with my CC dispute. Luckily I was planning on getting rid of that card anyway so it wasn’t too much of a hassle.

11. Post
    My credit card was refunded today. That's good, much quicker than the 5 weeks quoted by the credit card team at kiwibank.

But my partner got stung with what I assume was the same scam today. Her mastercard was blocked proactively by Coop bank due to suspicious transactions.

12. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    My credit card was refunded today. That's good, much quicker than the 5 weeks quoted by the credit card team at kiwibank.

But my partner got stung with what I assume was the same scam today. Her mastercard was blocked proactively by Coop bank due to suspicious transactions.
    Yeah I'd be checking your home computers for malware (if you have both used your cards for e.g. online purchases using the same device).

13. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    Yeah I'd be checking your home computers for malware (if you have both used your cards for e.g. online purchases using the same device).
    Nah, the missus doesn't use the pc's at home. She's all iphone for everything.

But yeah, I did do malware checks after it happened.

It's only a hunch that it's the apple thing. I haven't actually seen the transaction detail of her suspicious transaction.

14. Post
    I had a transaction the other day, in euros, NZ$463. Some hotel book site, not a common one, not sure even if legit.
    But the beauty of a credit card as opposed to debit card is that's what you pay the yearly fee for: protection.
    Refund will process in about a week and new card on it's way.

Website hacking is common, Facebook is breached yet again (not that I have FB).
    Could be nay of them....

15. Post
    Yeah I have an unique passwords now. And get notified from dashlane when sites I use get hacked. I've had to change Facebook and Reddit in as many months. But neither sites have ever had my credit card details on them.

16. Post
    I use my debit card for online purchases a fair bit. Might beven time to get a new card

17. Post
    swazi wrote:
    I use my debit card for online purchases a fair bit. Might beven time to get a new card
    I use a credit card so that it's never my cash that gets stolen in this kind of situation.

18. Post
    Good to read you're getting the $ back. As a point of interest I sub to Apple services and this is the payment detail on my statement: "Apple NZ GCSSYDNEY". Not quite the same as you quoted.

19. Post
    Took two visits to a BNZ branch to get my Visa setup for Google Pay...

First visit this morning, the teller didn't activate my internet banking (I didn't know I needed this setup to setup Google Pay). So had to go back for a second visits after the BNZ call centre advised they couldn't setup my internet banking, due to it being a brand new card, and my not having any other accounts with BNZ.

I heard that Visa are going to implement a token for 2FA? I'd be all in for that.

20. Post
    Used Google Pay for the first time today. Small purchase from New World.

Just had to wake the phone (but left it locked) and held it near the paywave terminal. Even got this sweet halloween ghost face confirmation picture! (not sure if that was google or new world's doing?).

21. Post
    pctek wrote:
    But the beauty of a credit card as opposed to debit card is that's what you pay the yearly fee for: protection.
    I don't pay any fees on my credit card?

22. Post
    Analgia wrote:
    I don't pay any fees on my credit card?
    Neither do I for kiwibank MasterCard.

23. Post
    Weird, I got a second refund/credit today for the Apple thing.

Does that mean that Mastercard and Apple have both credited my card?

24. Post
    It means that you are now the hacker. (you should probably tell the bank).