1. Post
    Yeah that's pretty sweet - think it's run by Foxtel

Would be interesting if Sky do something similar in NZ eh

2. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    Yeah that's pretty sweet - think it's run by Foxtel

Would be interesting if Sky do something similar in NZ eh
    From what I'm reading it's already got way more content than Sky TV Sport

For instance the only realiable time I can watch South Africa play international cricket on Sky is when it's against the Black Caps

But Kayo is showing every single international South African cricket game in 2019 - awesome!

3. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Ooh I need to look into that could be just what Iím missing
    If you try it out then let us know how you get on. It doesn't look like Willow has the Black Caps home games this summer, so I'm tempted to try it out myself.

4. Post
    I can't believe people on here still pay full price for Sky when you can get it for half-price quite easily.

I used RugbyPass with a free VPN this year. I'd jump on that Kayo but it doesn't have all the Mitre 10 Cup games, though I'd hope it would cover my team - being they are the most successful team.

5. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    I can't believe people on here still pay full price for Sky when you can get it for half-price quite easily.
    How?

6. Post
    If you are already with them, you need to cancel it and serve the stand-down period of 2 months, Sky will say 3, but it is only 2 (or get someone else at your address to sign up.

Then ring 0800 475 988 and the lady there you can get you the MySky+ box,, Sky Starter, Sky Entertainment & Sky Sports with the HD ticket for 12 months for $48.99 per month - you just have to have it for 6 months then you can cancel it, rinse repeat.

7. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    (because lets face their HD has terrible encoding sometimes).
    I have always noticed that their PRIME channel does not look as sharp as the other channels. Maybe it runs at 720p or 1080i stretched to 1080p.

8. Post
    I've always noticed their MPEG artifacting. I wonder is the HD a separate broadcast to the same SD channel or is it just enabled on the receiver?

9. Post
    KiwiTT wrote:
    I have always noticed that their PRIME channel does not look as sharp as the other channels. Maybe it runs at 720p or 1080i stretched to 1080p.
    The Freeview transmission of Prime is in SD except for when they have Commonwealth Games level special events. You have to subscribe to Sky to get it in HD...

10. Post
    Yes but Sky HD just refers to the resolution, when big events are on (e.g. All Blacks) you'll often see the other HD channels have severe mpeg artifacting indicating they've reduced the stream bandwidth and allocated more bandwidth to other channels.

11. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    If you are already with them, you need to cancel it and serve the stand-down period of 2 months, Sky will say 3, but it is only 2 (or get someone else at your address to sign up.

Then ring 0800 475 988 and the lady there you can get you the MySky+ box,, Sky Starter, Sky Entertainment & Sky Sports with the HD ticket for 12 months for $48.99 per month - you just have to have it for 6 months then you can cancel it, rinse repeat.
    So much this and it has been the case for years and years and years. Always talk to people who moan about the price of sky and they're paying 120 or something crazy and then are gobsmacked when I tell them I get the same shit for 50.

This is the deal from the telemarketing people, the same people who ring you out of nowhere trying to get you to sign up.

12. Post
    It is down to just the one lady now apparently (since Sky changed their prices). Sky didn't want to buy the 0800 number back so let her keep doing the deal for some retirement money - according to someone who got the deal recently.

13. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:

What would I watch for 2 months?

14. Post
    Freeview. As far as sport goes, I personally found this time of year between rugby seasons was the period to drop it, unless you are a die hard cricket fan there isn't a whole lot of sport on over the Xmas period that I'd pay to watch.

15. Post
    I've tried to create an account with Kayo to try it out, but the field to enter a mobile number won't let me input anything

ANyone else try to sign up?

16. Post
    You need an australian mobile number, therefore it'll only accept the correct australian mobile number prefix

My parents live in the Gold Coast so i used their number, it sends a code you need to then input on the site

17. Post
    Err damn ok guess we can’t use it then

18. Post
    defiant wrote:
    You need an australian mobile number, therefore it'll only accept the correct australian mobile number prefix

My parents live in the Gold Coast so i used their number, it sends a code you need to then input on the site
    I've got a sister in Melbourne, so that's the mobile number sorted. I assume its then just a case of using a VPN? You don't need an Aussie credit card or anything?

19. Post
    They even have on their site that you need to turn your VPN off if you have one - though they're just covering their asses.

20. Post
    Just a VPN, NZ cc works fine

21. Post
    I'm running a shield but can't find the Kayo app due to not being in Aus, presume you just need to run it in browser? The no VPN thing is just a scare tactic?

22. Post
    you have to cast from a browser

the shield needs to be connected via a vpn as well

well, they could enforce it if they detect a vpn like netflix etc

23. Post
    Zarkov wrote:
    What would I watch for 2 months?
    Just sign up under another name right away. Partner, friend, family member etc. Someone with a different surname is best though.

24. Post
    Is there any internet based TV service that I can subscribe to in NZ that does live streams, not just on-demand stuff? The stuff you guys are talking about seems to require VPN or something as its not open to the NZ market. I want to set something up for my parents that's easy to use, even better if it has some sorta record function.

Also interested in any sports streaming packages, loads of cricket coming up!

25. Post
    mmd wrote:
    Is there any internet based TV service that I can subscribe to in NZ that does live streams, not just on-demand stuff? The stuff you guys are talking about seems to require VPN or something as its not open to the NZ market. I want to set something up for my parents that's easy to use, even better if it has some sorta record function.

Also interested in any sports streaming packages, loads of cricket coming up!
    For freeview you can use kodi - https://www.gpforums.co.nz/threads/5...ial-free-setup