Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Question

Online FPS with a playerbase?

I don't play much any more, but it would be nice to be able to have some online FPS fun once in a while. For the last 3yrs I've pretty much only ever played Rocket League. I enjoy the high skill ceiling, short games, and decent playerbase. I used to be into CS and BF3/4 but I can't really commit to the long match length of CS, and I vow never to buy an EA game again.

Is there anything left for me (don't you dare say CoD)?

2. Post
    Gonna follow this.

I recommend Squad. Tactical/realistic FPS that has Aus servers. Similar to battlefield in ways, but more focus on working as a team/squad.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

3. Post
    I would say Rising Storm 2 is more jump in and have fun friendly than Squad.

4. Post
    CS really isn't too bad match-length wise, worst case if you play a full 15 rounds @ 2 mins each you're only talking half an hour or so.

5. Post
    DW wrote:
    CS really isn't too bad match-length wise, worst case if you play a full 15 rounds @ 2 mins each you're only talking half an hour or so.
    It's 30 rounds not 15. Unless it's changed? I had plenty of games go over 30min.

6. Post
    Pxndx wrote:
    I would say Rising Storm 2 is more jump in and have fun friendly than Squad.
    This looks quite good. Playerbase seems small though, ~1200 at peak. Is there a big enough playerbase in NZ/AU to jump in any time?

Dre wrote:
    Gonna follow this.

I recommend Squad. Tactical/realistic FPS that has Aus servers. Similar to battlefield in ways, but more focus on working as a team/squad.
    Looks interesting, but my that's a hefty price tag for an Early Access game.

7. Post
    s0cks wrote:
    It's 30 rounds not 15. Unless it's changed? I had plenty of games go over 30min.
    If you're just playing casual the map typically changes after each 15.

8. Post
    s0cks wrote:
    This looks quite good. Playerbase seems small though, ~1200 at peak. Is there a big enough playerbase in NZ/AU to jump in any time?

Looks interesting, but my that's a hefty price tag for an Early Access game.
    Meh its been around a while and its well worth it imo. (Squad)

Just wait for a steam sale I guess

9. Post
    r6 siege, quick games in casual and way more fun than CS. Started a few months ago and barely played any other FPS since. BFV when it comes out, BLOPS4 is horrible.

10. Post
    +1 for siege, i play it on PS4 and its dope

11. Post
    DW wrote:
    If you're just playing casual the map typically changes after each 15.
    That is true, but I find casual CS so meh. Cheers for chiming in nevertheless! Appreciate it.

I kinda like the look of Siege, a lot, but my conscience says eurgh Ubisoft (and their pricing model verified my suspicions). Might have to give Rising Storm 2 a go.

12. Post
    s0cks wrote:
    That is true, but I find casual CS so meh. Cheers for chiming in nevertheless! Appreciate it.

I kinda like the look of Siege, a lot, but my conscience says eurgh Ubisoft (and their pricing model verified my suspicions). Might have to give Rising Storm 2 a go.
    Just wait for a sale of r6 and buy the standard edition, it's only like $25-30 on Steam, never buy the starter edition.

13. Post
    s0cks wrote:

Ubisofts treatment of r6 seige is pretty great honestly. Theres new maps and operators coming out every ~3 months iirc and they are free. Do have to do a small grind for the new op's but doesnt take long at all really. The games had 3 years of constant development, really recommend picking it up if you like mp fps'.

The learning curve is a bit steep tho as the game requires you to know the maps well. Which walls to reinforce, operators to pick, where the attackers can come from and where defenders will roam. This all changes depending on the site too where theres 4 sites per map. Every round plays different, its great.

14. Post
    Destiny 2 is pretty stellar right now.

15. Post
    overwatch

16. Post
    <N> wrote:
    r6 siege, quick games in casual and way more fun than CS. Started a few months ago and barely played any other FPS since. BFV when it comes out, BLOPS4 is horrible.
    No EA, so no BFV (Beta was turd imo)

17. Post
    s0cks wrote:
    Yeap a couple full 64 player servers every night. Also R6 Siege is cool too.

18. Post
    I also played Rocket League, I even collected and bought items, but Rocket League got bored.
    I definitely recommend you PUBG, it's really realistic game with a huge player base.
    Rocket League is used fot money only, only few players have Idea what to do with Rocket League Crates and Items. Ehhh... Arghhh... And I buy it now :-) Rocket League items https://odealo.com/games/rocket-league
    Last edited by Bator; 30th October 2018 at 4:19 pm.

19. Post
    Rust (lol)

Everyone is really friendly

20. Post
    Bator wrote:
    I also played Rocket League, I even collected and bought items, but Rocket League got bored.
    I definitely recommend you PUBG, it's really realistic game with a huge player base.
    Not if you want to play on OCE servers, they've been a ghost town for months. Region locking is finally coming next patch, not sure how that is going to work if people can't join SEA servers anymore.
    Last edited by <N>; 22nd September 2018 at 9:28 am.

21. Post
    Overwatch lots of heroes to master some have higher skill ceilings to achieve

22. Post
    Arma 3 King of the Hill, aussie servers fill up every night. Good fun if you like a realistic shooter.

PUBG is not realistic FYI.

23. Post
    slipstream wrote:
    Overwatch lots of heroes to master some have higher skill ceilings to achieve
    This. It is well supported and optimised also. It has casual and a competitive modes and you'll be matched with people of a similar rank, even in the casual modes.

24. Post
    Dre wrote:
    Meh its been around a while and its well worth it imo. (Squad)

Just wait for a steam sale I guess

https://store.steampowered.com/app/4...orm_2_Vietnam/

25. Post
    Kinda surprised no one has mentioned Quake Champions. It has a fairly active AU/NZ community, but certainly won't find fast games outside of peak times. It still has that classic Q3A run-and-gun charm mixed in with modern MoBA style hero abilities. If an arena game isn't for you then I certainly give my pick to R6:Siege, or Rising Storm 2: Vietnam.