1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Cavill needs to drop all that Superman muscle, and get back to Immortals leanness.

Can't wait for CGI beard removal for whatever movie he's in next during Witcher filming.

3. Post
    hmmm was hoping for a taller actor but i like Cavill so that is fine.

4. Post
    Eva Green for Yen plz!

5. Post
    It's going to be weird not hearing Doug Cockle's voice when Geralt speaks.

6. Post
    Henry Cavill + Eva Green for Geralt & Yen pls.

Couldn't think of a better pairing tbh....Cavill will play a more youthful (albeit 35, not total spring chicken) Geralt well: he was killer in MI:Fallout. People losing their minds that it's not Mads Mikkelsen...I personally think he would of been a bit old for the young Geralt of the books (in Witcher years etc).

7. Post
    Weegee wrote:
    Eva Green for Yen plz!

8. Post
    I always pictured Kate Beckinsale as Yen.

9. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    I always pictured Kate Beckinsale as Yen.
    Eva:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eva-green-300-rise-of-an-empire-hd-images3.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	193.1 KB 
ID:	223171

Kate:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bekin.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	260.8 KB 
ID:	223172

Kate actually looks like Yen.

10. Post
    It's great to see GP news covering movies and books

11. Post
    mintyOnion wrote:
    It's great to see GP news covering movies and books
    As long as its still related to gaming, then fine. Look at the hot mess that Kotaku is now. They need to split it up over there so you have Video Game centric stuff and the more RL Geeky stuff split in to 2 sections. They could probs pull off a whole new 'blog' just for comics coverage, with the amount they have going up.

12. Post
    I'd vote Eva for yen.

13. Post
    I too vote EvaUnit02 to play Yen

14. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    I too vote EvaUnit02 to play Yen
    Hue.

15. Post
    very nice

16. Post
    I think Eva fits her better, and is a slightly better actress: KB is hotter though and aesthetically is probably a better choice...Kate's done major ESO voicework too, so gets the geek nod.

17. Post
    Evangeline Lilly or Cobie Smulders gets my vote.
    I think Krysten Ritter would also suit the role. She does dark very well, and that complexion is about perfect.

18. Post
    Heads up. Looks like they're looking for a diversity call on Ciri.

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2018/09/a...-freaking-out/

Not sure I like this. If the rumors are true, they're not even considering white actors for it, so racism right there. Then there's the diversity for the sake of diversity thing, which is always is a BAD idea. And the fact that The Witcher world is inherently Medieval European in nature makes this just a bad idea.

19. Post
    I like the idea that Nilfgaard is a black nation in my head.

Doesn't really fit with the subject matter, but I'm thinking Black Armor and Black Skin go good together (in a totally non-racist, purely look-orientated way).

Cintra blood is mentioned in the books as being very pale skinned I think...so the choc would have to come from Emhyr's side me thinks.

Also, this is a bad move...lots of angry fans right now.......I think the Showrunners maybe didn't think this through.

I'm ok with this though, so meh

20. Post
    IST wrote:
    I like the idea that Nilfgaard is a black nation in my head.

Doesn't really fit with the subject matter, but I'm thinking Black Armor and Black Skin go good together (in a totally non-racist, purely look-orientated way).

Cintra blood is mentioned in the books as being very pale skinned I think...so the choc would have to come from Emhyr's side me thinks.

Also, this is a bad move...lots of angry fans right now.......I think the Showrunners maybe didn't think this through.

I'm ok with this though, so meh
    I just think its pretty dam stupid. The far left recently complained there ass off at a straight 'sic' person playing a trans (Johansesn) and a 'gender fluid' person playing a lesbian (Ruby Rose), yet there ok with a 'person of coulor' playing a white character? Its just them showing how racist they are towards white people.