1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    I generally only game late at night or on the weekends when my partner and/or kids are out of the house.

There's nothing I'm playing at the moment that warrants mammoth gaming sessions. Usually 1-3 hours a day max for me.

3. Post
    I struggle to get any in have so many games in my backlog its crazy. I think i just need to dedicate a day a week once all the mayhem settles down

4. Post
    Around 1-3 hours for me as well, in the evenings. A mixture of gaming or watching tv/movies. Definitely don't churn out the all-nighters like I used to.

I don't have kids and my partner is pretty understanding that it's one of my main hobbies, so I could probably play more if I wanted to, just getting less likely to.

I find that the genre of game dictates length of play session, too. I tend to gravitate towards games where I can get a decent amount done in an hour or two.

5. Post
    An hour a night maybe, after dinner and kids are finally asleep. It's a struggle. I also get a few more hours in on the weekend, when I can.

Back into NMS lately and admit i've been pushing bedtime later to make some decent progress.

6. Post
    about 3 hours a night. maybe 4 if im lucky. probably spend about another 15-20hrs during weekends. Luckily my missus & daughter are usually watching TV in the lounge while I'm in my room gaming so they leave me alone most of the time

7. Post
    I have an allotted 2-4 hours an evening I set aside for media consumption. Movies, TV, or Games. I only sleep about 5 hours a night so finding time is not all that difficult. I have a dedicated gaming/media space so I can do all of that without disturbing anyone else. I also game during lunch (advantages of working for a game studio is plenty of gaming machines on site). I don't really game on the weekend. Thats time with friends, dates, or out riding my bike, but I will find a few hours if there is something I need to play for a review.

8. Post
    I usually play mostly between 5 to 6 hours a day (days are usually pretty free) but I make sure I don't play anywhere past 8.30 pm or 9 pm as those are the TV/movie times. I also barely play anything past midnight at all as I need my sleep.

9. Post
    Flannel wrote:
    An hour a night maybe, after dinner and kids are finally asleep. It's a struggle. I also get a few more hours in on the weekend, when I can.

Back into NMS lately and admit i've been pushing bedtime later to make some decent progress.
    Pretty much in the same boat but managed to pur more hours into for honor latetly.

10. Post
    Usually get about 3hrs a week in short bursts between the kids going to bed and the wife being out, as well as doing all the other stuff we need to do.

Makes me really focus on what I want to play so I'm really picky on my games.

Just picked up a switch so I can get some quicker game sessions in

11. Post
    Puk wrote:
    Just picked up a switch so I can get some quicker game sessions in
    The Switch has been a lifesaver for me too. So easy to just play that while my lady watches TV!

12. Post
    I have (after 2 years without a proper PC) finally got a decent setup, upstairs away from the chaos.. I waste it playing NMS

I also have a 2yo and a noob on the way, my gaming days are numbered until the kids get old enough to be into it

13. Post
    My weekday pretty much looks like:

Play Switch on my lunch break (any games, from completing Fortnite challenges, Dead Cells, Splatoon 2, even work on our house in Minecraft)

Get home and play some kid-friendly Switch games with my son (Minecraft, Pokken, Mario Kart, one of the Lego games etc etc) or if he's doing homework I'll sneak in some Hollow Knight, BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, or even work on my Korg tracks (not that they're not kid friendly, its just easier to play these when he's occupied!)

9:30pm when he's in bed I'll most likely play my PS4 shooters, Destiny with the lads or shut myself off from the world on PSVR. I play until around 11:30pm.

My problem is I can't stick to just one game. I'm currently juggling so many between Switch and PS4. I can't imagine what it'd be like if I had a PC in the mix as well. Steam sales would leave me feeling anxious and all FOMO-ey.

14. Post
    I probably play games too much. SWMBO tells me off all the time 3hrs a day is probably normal for me, occasionally might do a late night (Fri/Sat) session with mates in something. Only other time I game "non-stop" is during one of our small LAN's, I'll play for 10hrs. Its a release/zoneout for me, after being at work all day.

15. Post
    I sneak in an hour or two a couple of times in the evening during the work week, and then tend to binge on my days off. No wife or kids at home so I can get into it from about 7am on the weekend and usually call it about 10pm, then do it again on the second day off. When I have my daughter (when I get an actual weekend off) she plays The Sims 4 on what has become my media server PC while I jam out on the new gaming rig in the lounge or the Xbox. I wish I could game every night like I used too but I just don't have the energy for it like I did in my 20s.