Page 4 of 4 First 1234

1. Post
    lol Isn't most games are gonna get a better increase due to it being a newer card... so of course it'll run better than the 1080ti

2. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Maybe for you it's not surprising. But it's been more 40% for most games so when you see one thats 80% or more it's very surprising.

Your double logic doesn't work. Is a $1mill Ferrari stupid because it isn't twice as fast as a $150k BMW M3???
    Actually if you run the numbers a 2080ti is 1000ti more than a 1080ti so you should see ~93% improvement.

3. Post
    am stuck on the lava , falling platforms level... have not died to monsters yet at ultra violence but died dozens of times trying to get past this puzzle jumper.. ****ing hate them.. i am gonna look at a cheat code or hack to allow flying around..

4. Post
    Battlemode seems to heavily favour the demons

5. Post
    Yeah, also not keen on the platforming puzzle jumping. Also seems to be too much toys/crystals/collectemall in the early game. Breaks the atmosphere IMO. The combat arenas seem to be much more deliberate this time around as well which also doesn't help.

Still pretty fun and immaculately crafted.

6. Post
    I caved and bought Eternal. Just rushing though 2016 once more before I play.

7. Post
    Ok I take back what I said about doom 2016. Its pretty awesome. Once you get the plasma rifle the game finally opens up a bit and really gets going. Pretty fun. Sweet soundtrack and awesome visuals. Looking forward to moving onto Eternal and see how much more refined everything is.

8. Post
    Anyone else think the gun sounds lack punch?

Look at that glorious Vulkun multithreading! Who says 16 cores isn't for gaming

9. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Anyone else think the gun sounds lack punch?
    I'm with you, the guns could do some more emphasis. The shotgun and plasma rife sound rather flat

Still only an hour or two into the game, but I am feeling that I prefer the art style of Doom 2016, in that it was a bit darker( ? ) and has that less arcade type feel to it, but still really enjoying Eternal.

10. Post
    ok finally finished

The good - the game overall, great shooter, no issues with the sounds, i think they are better than 2016. Love the tactical intense nature of the fights. You need to use everything and i think that is great , tho i ****ed up sometimes as you had to cycle thru so many weapons.

The Bad - Level design is ..ok. The look is great, there is 3 type of terrain but with only demons, there is some ugly yuck contrast of the textures. Also tho the tactical nature is great, i also grated as i have preferences of what kind of weapon.

the Ugly - the platforming bullshit. ****ing hate this. Died more times falling into lava, drowning in darkness or whatever than getting killed by the Boss fights. Also the Marauder, really hit and miss. sometimes i get into the right range and can time the attack and breeze thru it. Sometimes they are so ****ing tedious to fight. I wont mind these assholes getting nerfed. Overtuned imho.

11. Post
    Game is even more terrible than 2016 doom-which was a embarrassment to the once legendary series.
    Platforming in a fps, lol headache inducing. Doesn't help when the majority of the "gameplay" is just so repetitive and boring after 10 mins. Add to that the awful enemy and level design. I'll stick to doom and doom 2 from the 90s.

12. Post
    Yeah I'm not a fan at all. I tried.

13. Post
    I've played it once. I've got to admit, got bored after 10 minutes. I enjoyed previous versions as they felt a little more story driven. The Doom before this one felt a bit rushed, and this one even more so. I'll probably pick it up again, but for now, the latest Two Point Hospital DLC is out, and I'm enjoying that more as I was a huge Theme Hospital fan.

14. Post
    B|ind-Reaper* wrote:
    I enjoyed previous versions as they felt a little more story driven.
    Doom 3 was the only previous one prior to the 2016 reboot that had any real sense of being story-driven.

15. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Doom 3 was the only previous one prior to the 2016 reboot that had any real sense of being story-driven.
    It was a remake of the OG Doom though right? Or maybe a reboot lol

16. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    It was a remake of the OG Doom though right? Or maybe a reboot lol
    Yup, so Doom 2016 was the 2nd reboot of Doom.

Doom 2016 is also a canonical sequel to Doom 1/2/64, because the Doom Slayer and the classic Doom Guy are the some dude.