1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Any GT Fans left out there?

3. Post
    I couldn’t get into the latest title, the last GT game I actually enjoyed was 3 on ps2

4. Post
    I liked GT5, karts on reverse deep forest was ace. I never bothered with anything after and I really cant see myself getting back into them when they go in this weird full on race car direction. Sticking dumb turbos on shitboxes was always the appeal to me. There was always so much dumb shit in them in terms of horrible UI and weird decisions (the way the paint chips worked in GT5 was pretty special) but the racing made up for that because it was fun, now its just meh.

5. Post
    Pennywiser NZ wrote:
    Any GT Fans left out there?
    I like it, MP is far better than Forza. Penalties, grid starts on some races and sportsmanship rating ensure that there's far less chaos on turn 1.

Personally, this move reeks of greed. Polyphony's reasoning also feels like a cop out. If they really wanted to open up these cars to more players, they would have simply lowered the in-game pricing. It's bizarre that this would happen in 2018 with the massive backlash against unnecessary paid content in games. Notably, Warner Bros recently scrubbed all microtransatcions from Middle-Earth: Shadow of War after upsetting fans and causing lower than expected sales for the game.
    I feel you're not putting things into context here, they've put out over 50 cars and 6 tracks for free, plus 2 million credits can be had from about an hour of gameplay.

They also haven't changed the economy of the game to suit, unlike Forza or ME:SoW. The cars still cost the same.

6. Post
    this game absolutely throws prizes cars at you. when i was playing i doubt i bought more then 10 cars total because i had won nearly everything anyways. it's not stingey with dishing out credits either. had more money then i knew what to do with. unless they change the way credits and and prize cars are dished out so as to steer people to paying up then this is a non-story.

7. Post
    Yip, you are never short of cars in this game. By the time you've finished all the offline content, there should be no need to purchase cars with real money.

I thought I was going to hate this game, simply because of the mp focus, but I've now put over 300 hours into it and can't see myself stopping anytime soon.

8. Post
    Title should be "GT:Sports changes daily races to weekly" ffs, least it has some decent races up this week.

For the number of cars GT:S has, it gives out a bit too much... I've bought 80~ cars even though I didn't have too, but would of only been 1 20million credit car.. Which I doubt I'll ever get one unless its from the daily workout prize car or gifted to me for my birthday, in those cars you can't buy with mirco-transactions. They should up the cash for MP races, or half the price of the 20mil cars & lower the SP earnings.

9. Post
    XSpike wrote:
    Title should be "GT:Sports changes daily races to weekly" ffs, least it has some decent races up this week.
    Agreed. I guess I'll just focus on the FIA races until they rethink this move.

10. Post
    In this thread: Fanboys defending shitty business practices. Are you guys on Sony's payroll? They don't give a shit about you and your non-profit PR work for them.

11. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    In this thread: Fanboys defending shitty business practices. Are you guys on Sony's payroll? They don't give a shit about you and your non-profit PR work for them.
    You have their logo as your handle pic

12. Post
    Pennywiser NZ wrote:
    You have their logo as your handle pic
    That’s to mock xbots

13. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Who cares what the whales spend their money on. Buying a car in GT:S doesn't give them an advantage just a waste of money on their side, not like Sony increased the price of cars & said "You can still earn in though in-game progress".. Still mostly cheap cars & game hands them out daily, you'd be a fool for actually buying one of these cars for the little amount of work required to gain it, but whales be whales.

14. Post
    XSpike wrote:
    Who cares what the whales spend their money on. Buying a car in GT:S doesn't give them an advantage just a waste of money on their side, not like Sony increased the price of cars & said "You can still earn in though in-game progress".. Still mostly cheap cars & game hands them out daily, you'd be a fool for actually buying one of these cars for the little amount of work required to gain it, but whales be whales.
    When micro-transactions first started creeping into core gamer audience-aimed console/PC games in 2012/2013 this was the exact argument of corporate apologists. "You can easily grind for it", "stuff gets thrown at you during normal gameplay progression." You people gave AAA publishers an inch and they took a mile, hence how shitty lootbox situation was in 2017 for gamers.

MTXs shouldn't be in premium games, period. They should be relegated to F2P titles.

I remember that Sony fanboys last year were using the fact that Polyphony producer said there'd be no MTXs in GT:S as ammo for your console war on social media... yet here we are, the same sort of people damage controlling when Polyphony have swung around on their promise.

Don't be surprised if Sony's hubris from winning the current console gen catches up with them and their anti-consumer practices push people too far when it comes time to launching the PS5. That cut off PS3 at the knees and it did the same to Xbox 1 this gen, leaving both parties to have to crawl back up, bending over backwards to please consumers. $399 + DRM which allowed easy physical game lending won the gen for PS4, don't forget that.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 4th August 2018 at 6:46 pm.

15. Post
    Yeah just the DRM, not the countless amount of exclusives and overall a better library as one example, not the timing of the PRO to further push PS into the lead and make Xbox lose market share even more?

PS played the game better at coming back from behind better than Xbox ever could, even the PS3 at the end of its cycle wasn't half bad.

I don't follow this concole war bullshit nor do I have a preference but when you spit out comments like oh Sony won cause of DRM thats just bollocks mate.

16. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    When micro-transactions first started creeping into core gamer audience-aimed console/PC games in 2012/2013 this was the exact argument of corporate apologists. "You can easily grind for it", "stuff gets thrown at you during normal gameplay progression." You people gave AAA publishers an inch and they took a mile, hence how shitty lootbox situation was in 2017 for gamers.

MTXs shouldn't be in premium games, period. They should be relegated to F2P titles.

I remember that Sony fanboys last year were using the fact that Polyphony producer said there'd be no MTXs in GT:S as ammo for your console war on social media... yet here we are, the same sort of people damage controlling when Polyphony have swung around on their promise.
    Granted, he did say that there weren't going to be any but what are you even basing your slippery slope argument on? GT 6 had far worse microtransactions than GT:S and again, nobody cared because it didn't change the economy one bit.

Before you and the author of the GP article go judging such a change, have either of you even played the game for a fair amount of time? Or are both of you just jumping on the bandwagon without even taking a fair assessment at the (lack of) impact these changes are going to make?

Don't be surprised if Sony's hubris from winning the current console gen catches up with them and their anti-consumer practices push people too far when it comes time to launching the PS5. That cut off PS3 at the knees and it did the same to Xbox 1 this gen, leaving both parties to have to crawl back up, bending over backwards to please consumers. $399 + DRM which allowed easy physical game lending won the gen for PS4, don't forget that.
    Again, these microtransactions in GT Sport are even milder than the ones on last gens GT game so that argument doesn't hold water. Nobody's going to be using the MTX of GT: Sport as an example of poor first-party consumer practices.
    Last edited by BURN_BABY; 4th August 2018 at 7:14 pm.

17. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Go complain at PubG, worst game ever for mirco transactions worst than most F2P titles, even Fortnite. Charging money just to change characters!? Stuff that, I bought that freakin game..

18. Post
    Chaosfollowsme wrote:
    Yeah just the DRM, not the countless amount of exclusives and overall a better library as one example, not the timing of the PRO to further push PS into the lead and make Xbox lose market share even more?
    but when you spit out comments like oh Sony won cause of DRM thats just bollocks mate.
    It absolutely wasn't the exclusive software which won over consumers in 2014/2015. Exclusive-wise, the PS4 was drier than the Nevada Desert its first 2 years on the market.

Normies have a herd mentality, they'll listen to their enthusiast interest friends. The Xbox brand was hugely damaged by anti-consumer shit MS announced at E3 2013. The $500 price tag would've been a huge influence too:- normie parents shopping for their kids are going to get the cheapest machine.

Other factors for PS4's sale dominance early on were definitely 3rd party brand deals. Timed exclusivity of DLC for huge mainstream games like CoD + Destiny are huge influencers for normies, as are console boxes advertising games. Joe Bloggs who wants Red Dead 2 but doesn't own a console, he's most likely gonna walk into EB and go for the easiest route. Big red console box advertising RDR2 bundled? Done deal.
    PS played the game better at coming back from behind better than Xbox ever could, even the PS3 at the end of its cycle wasn't half bad.

BURN_BABY wrote:
    Granted, he did say that there weren't going to be any but what are you even basing your slippery slope argument on?
    Do I really need to go back and state what's already been said? The slippery slope argument is based on the direction which THE ENTIRE AAA INDUSTRY took in 2012/2013. Your damage control arguments are identical to the ones from 2012/2013 when MXTs first started showing up in full priced retail AAA games like Dead Space 3, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Forza Motorsport 5, Gran Turismo 6, etc.

BURN_BABY wrote:
    GT 6 had far worse microtransactions than GT:S and again, nobody cared because it didn't change the economy one bit.

Before you and the author of the GP article go judging such a change, have either of you even played the game for a fair amount of time? Or are both of you just jumping on the bandwagon without even taking a fair assessment at the (lack of) impact these changes are going to make?

Again, these microtransactions in GT Sport are even milder than the ones on last gens GT game so that argument doesn't hold water. Nobody's going to be using the MTX of GT: Sport as an example of poor first-party consumer practices.
    How bad the MXTs to in-game economy doesn't matter. Polyphony Digital are going against their word and should be held accountable.

We should never stop hammering these companies for their scummy BS. Eg Turn 10 promised that there's going to be no more MXTs in Forza franchise going forward, it took 5 years but it's happening now.

XSpike wrote:
    Go complain at PubG, worst game ever for mirco transactions worst than most F2P titles, even Fortnite. Charging money just to change characters!? Stuff that, I bought that freakin game..
    Good to see that we're on the same page. ALL devs/publishers who put MXTs in premium games should be taken to task.

19. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Do I really need to go back and state what's already been said? The slippery slope argument is based on the direction which THE ENTIRE AAA INDUSTRY took in 2012/2013. Your damage control arguments are identical to the ones from 2012/2013 when MXTs first started showing up in full priced retail AAA games like Dead Space 3, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Forza Motorsport 5, Gran Turismo 6, etc.

How bad the MXTs to in-game economy doesn't matter. Polyphony Digital are going against their word and should be held accountable.
    So what you're telling me is that you haven't actually played the game to asses if these mtxs affect gameplay (they don't) and you're basing everything you hear about these MTXs from 'internet outrage' like the bullshit printed the GP article - gotcha.

Plenty of developers have put in these timesaver things without overstepping the mark. The Tales Of games, for example even sell level ups but the thing is, you level up so quickly you don't even need them.
    Forming opinions based on rubbish clickbaity opinion pieces like this one and not a proper practical assessment of how they impact the actual game itself gets nobody anywhere.

20. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Good to see that we're on the same page. ALL devs/publishers who put MXTs in premium games should be taken to task.
    i'm one of the most anti micro-transactions people you'll find but the horse has already bolted. i don't want them in this game but if you actually played this game you'll find the experience has not changed at all for the the non-spending player. the only difference is when you buy some cars it gives you the additional option to purchase it with PSN wallet funds. there's even an option to hide that.

as explained to you already there's no grinding required in this game. if you just play the game normally you get showered with more credits and cars than you'll know what to do with. there's no reason to spend real money on the game at all, so i'm not sure how much they'll even make from micro-transactions. PD have continued to provide regular additional content for free as promised. if some idiots needlessly throwing their money at them helps pay for that, i don't really mind.

they only real concern is if they start subtley changing the economy every update to push people toward spending money. let's hope they've learnt from other companies backlash disasters not to go down that road....