1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Nice that you can see yourself and have multiplayer, but it still looks like you don't do much. There would have to be some amazing collaborative mechanics or passable combat to draw me back in

3. Post
    Looks like it's finally starting to match some of those day 1 claims about multiplayer. I'll give it a go but feel like I've burned out from the core gameplay loop several times over now and not sure I have the time or energy to invest too much more into it.

4. Post
    Multi-player had nothing to do with the initial vision.
    Multi-player was not part of the game at all.

5. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Multi-player had nothing to do with the initial vision.
    Multi-player was not part of the game at all.
    That largely depends on how you interpreted Sean Murray's utterly, ridiculously vague answers that he gave in some of his interviews for example https://gamerant.com/no-mans-sky-no-...planation-826/

It’s not really a multiplayer game, that’s not really the way to think about it. There are infinitesimal chances, very, very small chances of you even coming across a place that another player has been to . . . The most likely thing that is going to happen is you are going to come across a planet and some other players has been there and they’ve named that planet and the creatures, and I’m sure they’ve given it a good name.
    Now this answer says to me that while it's not designed for MP, there's a small chance that you can come across other people like in a MP game. If the guy had just said (which he later did, but not until everyone was well and truly confused) "No" in response to a question like that, I don't think anyone would've been as annoyed.

What didn't help as well is that the public didn't really know what type of game no man's sky was when he gave that interview, so nobody had nothing to base a "very, very small chance" on or thought it was some kind of developer PR nonsense.

edit: there's also this - skip to 1:33. It really does seem to me that MP was part of the game's vision at some point and was yanked out.

Last edited by BURN_BABY; 19th July 2018 at 3:53 pm.

6. Post
    whenever I see that quote I think this (and many others too, it seems!):

7. Post

8. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    That largely depends on how you interpreted Sean Murray's utterly, ridiculously vague answers that he gave in some of his interviews for example https://gamerant.com/no-mans-sky-no-...planation-826/

Now this answer says to me that while it's not designed for MP, there's a small chance that you can come across other people like in a MP game. If the guy had just said (which he later did, but not until everyone was well and truly confused) "No" in response to a question like that, I don't think anyone would've been as annoyed.

What didn't help as well is that the public didn't really know what type of game no man's sky was when he gave that interview, so nobody had nothing to base a "very, very small chance" on or thought it was some kind of developer PR nonsense.

edit: there's also this - skip to 1:33. It really does seem to me that MP was part of the game's vision at some point and was yanked out.

and he was still tweeting stuff like this around launch

Name:  hmmmmmmm.png
Views: 255
Size:  51.9 KB

https://twitter.com/nomanssky/status...097792?lang=en

9. Post
    ^Or, to put it another way...

10. Post
    Loading shaders