Be nice in Rainbow Six Siege or risk getting banned

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Name:  fc5d9c9813537e702b0de3f46931a693.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  66.4 KB

3. Post
    PA, still on the money after all these years..

4. Post
    Let's be fair here, if you get to the third strike, you probably deserve a ban and should re-evaluate your behaviour both in and outside of games.
    That entirely depends on the context. If I call someone a shithead because they're clearly using a spinbot or an aimbot, is it really a fair call to dish me out the penalty?
    Also, lets keep in mind that this is an R16 game and, as the PA comic illustrates quite well, while there should be a line on racism/homophobia etc. banning someone for using a standard 'four-letter word' is quite bullshit.

For those of you reading this, I'm already at strike 2 under R6:Siege's rules, btw.

This is kinda the reason why I lament the downfall of community servers - admins and mods can use context in their judgments, a bot that would insta-ban you for saying 'shit' just doesn't care about that. (damn, strike 3, better finish this post before I get banned from GP as well :P)

edit: Just remembered that Red Alert 2 tried this 18 years ago with 'penis', everyone started using pen15 instead

5. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    That entirely depends on the context. If I call someone a shithead because they're clearly using a spinbot or an aimbot, is it really a fair call to dish me out the penalty?
    Also, lets keep in mind that this is an R16 game and, as the PA comic illustrates quite well, while there should be a line on racism/homophobia etc. banning someone for using a standard 'four-letter word' is quite bullshit.

For those of you reading this, I'm already at strike 2 under R6:Siege's rules, btw.

This is kinda the reason why I lament the downfall of community servers - admins and mods can use context in their judgments, a bot that would insta-ban you for saying 'shit' just doesn't care about that. (damn, strike 3, better finish this post before I get banned from GP as well :P)

edit: Just remembered that Red Alert 2 tried this 18 years ago with 'penis', everyone started using pen15 instead
    I don't see how it depends on context at all.

You calling someone a shithead, for what ever reason, is against the code of conduct. Don't play the game if you can't control yourself. And I thank every single little shithead out there for not being able to control themselves three times in a row.

You think it is "justified" because someone is cheating? **** off. If you sit there swearing at someone else, I'm still sitting there having to hear you have your angry rant. I don't want that in my game. Ubisoft says I don't have to put up with it in their game.

Get some ****ing control or **** off.

Just like I can moderate my language here and not swear anymore, you can do it in game. So learn how to empathize, realize that not everything is about you, and take some responsibility for your behavior.

6. Post
    All of this seems a bit ridiculous to me, if a per player communication mute function is implemented surely people can sort themselves out.

7. Post
    Nerin wrote:
    ...Lots of swearing... topped off with:

Just like I can moderate my language here and not swear anymore, you can do it in game.
    Wow, now that's possibly the most hilariously ironic post I've ever seen, not sure if just completely un-self aware and serious or very clever deconstruction of the topic

EDIT: it has to be a wind-up right? I mean it starts with
    You calling someone a shithead, for what ever reason, is against the code of conduct... ...And I thank every single little shithead out there for not being able to control themselves
    and this gem:
    **** off. If you sit there swearing at someone else.

8. Post
    Nerin wrote:

You calling someone a shithead, for what ever reason, is against the code of conduct. Don't play the game if you can't control yourself. And I thank every single little shithead out there for not being able to control themselves three times in a row.

You think it is "justified" because someone is cheating? **** off. If you sit there swearing at someone else, I'm still sitting there having to hear you have your angry rant. I don't want that in my game. Ubisoft says I don't have to put up with it in their game.

Get some ****ing control or **** off.

Just like I can moderate my language here and not swear anymore, you can do it in game. So learn how to empathize, realize that not everything is about you, and take some responsibility for your behavior.
    I definitely appreciate the irony in posting a rant that a) is the same as the rants that you want to avoid in game and b) would've actually gotten you banned from R6:Siege had you typed it out in their text chat. Well done mate

edit: damn Feliz, beat me to it. :P

9. Post
    Nerin wrote:
    Yeah nah. Ian's video here cites examples of a Spanish person on a Spanish server being banned for saying the name of operator Black Ice in Spanish, "hielo negro". Another example he gives is a Pakistani player calling himself Paki, not knowing it's a racial slur in the UK.

Paying customers shouldn't be locked out of service-based games which they've bought if they aren't cheating. User-side filters and muting abilities is a much better solution.

Last edited by EvaUnit02; 16th July 2018 at 4:51 pm.

10. Post
    Overwatch's system seems to work reasonably well these days. It just replaces words or sentences deemed offensive with pre-canned 'nice' ones.

You can choose to avoid toxic players and as far as voice goes you can just mute them. There is also a reporting function.

They've also just implemented a system where you can reward fellow players on both teams at the end of the round who were good teamates, good play callers, or for the opposition good sports.

11. Post
    Good idea from Ubisoft but it sounds like the execution is terrible.

12. Post
    Might have to borrow some insults from monty python.