1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    See, this is one of the major problems with MMOs.

If I play this, I'll be dedicating my time to it so that I can not only keep up with my friends, but also with the content and the wider community.

And I have to keep up because otherwise I'll find that there will be nobody to play the content with as people move on.

That means that I can't play The Division 2 because I'll have to do exactly the same there. I'll have to dedicate my time and keep current with the content, my friends and the wider community.

I have to choose one or the other. I can't play both. If I choose Anthem, I'm going to be effectively locked out of The Division 2. Sure, I can start playing The Division 2 at a later date, a year or so down the line... but then I'll be so far behind everyone else on the content, that nobody will want to run the early stuff with me.

I used to laugh at console owners and their pitiable situation with exclusives... until I realised that we face a very similar problem with MMOs on PC.

We don't have all the time in the world. That means that we have to pick and choose.

With single player or non-MMO multiplayer games, you don't have that problem. You can pick those up any time you find yourself with a lull in games.

But now... I have to choose. Which is it going to be? The Division 2 or Anthem? Both look fantastic. I'm already invested in The Division... but I didn't play Destiny or Destiny 2 so Anthem will be something very new. Do I go with the world/universe I know or try the new shiny?

**** you MMOs. I hate you. If either or both these games were non-MMO, I wouldn't have to choose between the two, but rather I could enjoy both. Damn you for limiting my choices game devs. Damn you all!

This looks fantastic. A fun romp. I'm super keen. But I feel the same about The Division 2.
    Last edited by Nerin; 7th July 2018 at 6:09 pm. Reason: fixed some grammar

3. Post
    This is my favourite footage so far but overall it's yet to grab me. As Nerin mentioned, it's a tough choice between a bunch of other time-sink titles and already being invested in Division / Destiny for the next year or 2, gonna be a hard sell.

Hope they minimize the damage numbers as well, quite distracting for me at least.
    Last edited by Crow#Zero; 7th July 2018 at 4:10 pm.

4. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    This is my favourite footage so far but overall it's yet to grab me. As Nerin mentioned, it's a tough choice between a bunch of other time-sink titles and already being invested in Division / Destiny for the next year or 2, gonna be a hard sell.

Hope they minimize the damage numbers as well, quite distracting for me at least.
    https://twitter.com/anthemgame/statu...41639098839040