Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    I imagine that if money is the only factor, they could get more money by having cross-play since PS+ would be required sicne cross-play would ultimately need multiplayer...

I suspect that Identity has a role in them not granting it. Once you allow Cross-Play, you only really have exclusives which differentiate the consoles.

Another factor is just old, traditional investors that don't know what the industry is heading for.

They will ultimately have to cave. It's just a matter of when.

2. Post
    Nerin wrote:
    I imagine that if money is the only factor, they could get more money by having cross-play since PS+ would be required sicne cross-play would ultimately need multiplayer....
    Sony don't want to open up their software systems and share data with their direct competitors Microsoft and Nintendo. They're happy to play ball with open platforms like PC and mobile, hence several games including Fortnite with PS4<->PC/mobile cross-plat MP.

3. Post
    XSpike wrote:
    My PC is plugged into the same TV as my console, I can use a controller, I could play games like CoD, BF hell even Fortnite on PC with that controller but I never will, that would be the worst thing ever.. Skilled games with cross-platform play is a stupid idea that should just die.

Man all these people supporting cross play should of supported the ultimate open living room game system, the Steam box, even has more titles released for it than any other console...
    Thatís not an issue, games can make different server for different control inputs and detect that
    GTAV does this, if you use a controller on pc you match up against other co troller players only not mouse and keyboard.