Xbox Series (X)

Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
(6 votes)
Page 7 of 8 First ... 45678 Last

1. Post
    These new processors must generate a bit of heat or else MS wouldn't have ditched the traditional console chassis for a design that looks like it'll handle thermals a lot better, not when they know that most people put their consoles in their AV units and this looks like it wouldn't fit in most peoples AV units. I expect the PS5 will have some weird design to handle thermals as well, I can't see it being another small DVD player sized flat box like the PS2, PS3 and PS4, maybe it might be like the phat PS3 but can't see it being as compact as we've come to expect from their consoles.

2. Post
    I believe you can stand it sideways - upright will definitely not fit for most people they'd have to put it on the floor.

I agree, the design seems to be focused on expelling heat by creating a long direct tunnel for easy movement of air. Not only that, but this design means they will be able to put in heat pipes, something which was difficult to fit in existing console designs and that allows them to put the heatsink right at the exit vents.

As I mentioned, from the specs the GPU is very beefy, so I'd not be surprised if the console pulls something like 250w or even 300w which is a significant jump from current consoles so it will need upgraded cooling.

3. Post
    Apart from the weird looking console. Hellblade 2 looks pretty cool. I hope they've moved on from the whole match a symbol mechanic for the "puzzles" segment.

4. Post
    Crazy to announce/show a final product a year out...

5. Post
    Chunky wrote:
    Crazy to announce/show a final product a year out...
    I'm guessing they want a reversal of what happened this gen when Sony, apart from the final design of the console, showcased everything about the PS4 in February and MS didn't respond until they unveiled the Xbox One in late May giving Sony 3 free months of having all the talk be about the PS4.

The question is, will this change Sony's plans? Were they planning on doing the same with the PS5 as they did the PS4 by giving us an in depth tech showcase in Feb and an unveiling of the console proper at E3? Are Sony confident enough to let MS and the Xbox Series X hog the spotlight for the next few months? I'm guessing that if they've got a retail case ready to go then we'll be seeing it no later than Feb.

This is fun, I enjoy the time leading up to new console releases more than I enjoy playing the crappy launch games that come with them.

6. Post
    Windows Central put up more specs today.
    Looks like my idea for the CPU was correct - it's a SMT disables Zen 2 chiplet.

CPU: AMD Zen 2, 8 Cores/8 threads , max boost clock of 3.5ghz
    Memory: 16GB GDDR6, 13GB reserves for games, 3GB for OS
    GPU: Navi 2, 12Teraflop
    Last edited by SirGrim; 14th December 2019 at 6:04 am.

7. Post
    Sounds like a beast, looks awful, but still going to buy it day one

8. Post
    The form, i think looks quite cool, controller i thought would have been changed a bit more, but if it ain't broke. the name is horrible though.

9. Post
    The xbox finally looks like a box.

Kudos on the Hellblade trailer and not another Halo super-duper exclusive master chief looking at the sun rising new challenge bull.

It simply wont fit in my entertainment unit so for that reason. Im out.

10. Post
    generalzod wrote:
    the xbox finally looks like a box pc.
    ftfy

11. Post
    Did anyone else briefly think the trailer for New World was gonna be a Ryse son of rome sequel? I was convinced it was right up until the title reveal. I was kinda disappointed it wasn't.

12. Post
    A person on venturebeat used stills of the console and controller to estimate its dimensions and compare it to other consoles. Windows Central has also estimated it to be roughly 31cm x 16cm x 16cm

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xbox size.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	115.0 KB 
ID:	227877

gives you a better idea what kind of footprint this thing will have in your living room

13. Post
    The above Table hints that the size of the next Xbox is deceptive - it's volume is actually significantly more than current consoles.
    Again that means easier airflow like a proper PC case for better cooling

IGN used the dimensions to do a mock up and put it next to some other consoles
    As you can see the new Xbox is actually quite big. If the above table is accurate it's 70% more volume than a Xbox One X and 60% more volume than the PS4 Pro

14. Post
    Pre-ordered

Well, as much as one could pre-order

15. Post
    What benefit is there in doing that this far out?

16. Post
    Blitz^ wrote:
    Pre-ordered

Why? lol launch is still a year away.

17. Post
    Might as well get into the first shipping batch than the 2nd or 3rd.

18. Post
    I'd wait and see what are the launch games than preordering the console right now.

19. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    I'd wait and see what are the launch games than preordering the console right now.
    Launch games generally are poo, with the exception of the Dreamcast

20. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    What benefit is there in doing that this far out?
    So you will pre order before you see the ps5

21. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    If it helps the console is backwards compatible with OG Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Xbox One X games - so launch titles don't matter when you can play other games you own in better graphics on day one

22. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Launch games generally are poo, with the exception of the Dreamcast
    Damn Bro yea your right, Dreamcast launch was legit.
    I was gonna say N64, but when I looked it up it was only Mario 64 and Pilotwings available Day 1

23. Post
    Some of these are quite good for a laugh

Name:	phil-rocket-launcher.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	227885

Name:	ELoqtleWoAEJIOT.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	227886

Name:	ELsSKu1WkAUKau6.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	237.6 KB 
ID:	227887

Name:	ELqTQujXkAAJB9l.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	227888

Size comparison

Name:	TCEvr5f-768x576.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	227889

24. Post
    matt8485 wrote:
    Damn Bro yea your right, Dreamcast launch was legit.
    Best launch for me!

25. Post
    Blitz^ wrote:
    Pre-ordered

Same.

Where'd you pre-order from? mightyape?